Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***MOTORS MEET - Saturday Jan 21st Portlaoise***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Gary ITR wrote: »
    If it's the problem that George reckons it is it won't show a fault. Sorry dude
    No problem. My own mechanic reckoned it wasn't as it disappeared after it was fully warmed up and was intermittent. Eitherway one of them will be right.

I'm fooked off over it now trying to decide what to do with it, repair, replace and if so with what and what budget. I'd have to sort a loan out to do it.

Thanks for alll the help there by the way, George Dalton was very good to come back and help out as were all the people who offered to take me to Nenagh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Oh for anybody I didn't speak to I was the one wearing the ITCC body warmer and still covered in fire extinguisher powder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Marlow wrote: »
    Well. Rotating schedule maybe. One month Dub, one month Portlaoise, one month Cork. Saturdays definatly to avoid conflict with other meets. Hard to make them all, even though it nearly can be done.

/M

If one man could make them all my money would be on you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

My initial guess when i heard the knocking was EGR. I still think that's what it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

EPM mentioned it before Christmas.Idea is to get it going monthly, anymore questions directed to him.It's his baby.

Oh its my baby when it involves work. Cheers buddy:p

Great meet, and a bloody fantastic turnout! With all the names I expected about half of them but there was easily 30 cars there.

Cheers alex for the spin off your shiny new 1er - great motor and properly specced too, knifey_spoonie for the GS450h - my God that thing can shift, TT for the sake - the new exhaust has made it even better and MM and cozey for the savage MPS and that sweet E46.

Great to put a few faces to names, and for the people I didn't speak to there's always the next meet.

Also a special thanks to the lads that took the photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Quazzie wrote: »
    My initial guess when i heard the knocking was EGR. I still think that's what it could be.

Never heard EGR causing knocking, but might be no harm cleaning the EGR valve and inlet manifold.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Nice to put more faces to more names today, for those I didn't speak to I was wearing an ITCC jacket, driving a Silver Sportline Passat.

Raging I didn't have the Supra with me today after seeing all the other JDM stuff knocking about down there, but next time. :)

For anyone who has never driven a GS450h, go and find one to drive. I still can't believe how quick it moves, probably would have put most cars to shame in that carpark today.

For anyone who has never driven a GS450h, go and find one to drive. I still can't believe how quick it moves, probably would have put most cars to shame in that carpark today.

That's some sleeper. I'm in complete awe of that car. I never in a million years thought it would be THAT fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

EPM wrote: »
    That's some sleeper. I'm in complete awe of that car. I never in a million years thought it would be THAT fast.

Wonder how quick it would do a lap of Mondello...................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Wonder how quick it would do a lap of Mondello...................................

Slowish, probably. Apparently the 'driving aids' kick in as soon as the tyres even hint at losing traction. Phenomenal in a straight line though.

• Advertisement

Never heard EGR causing knocking, but might be no harm cleaning the EGR valve and inlet manifold.

/M

They are both brand new before Christmas

BTW EPM thanks for the spin in the Octty.....I was VERY impressed with it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Anyone who doesn't show from that list gets 1 month ban... :D

Gonna start working on this tomorrow , last chance for the excuses folks! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Gonna start working on this tomorrow , last chance for the excuses folks! :p

Do I get a bonus for not being on the list but turning up anyway? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

johnos1984 wrote: »
    They are both brand new before Christmas

BTW EPM thanks for the spin in the Octty.....I was VERY impressed with it

Damn, I was hoping for a spin in a VRS. Maybe next time.

Confab wrote: »
    Damn, I was hoping for a spin in a VRS. Maybe next time.

It's down to grabbing people and go for a spin. :) Plenty of spins to be had. I had one upside-down in the Hybrid, thanks to Gary :D

Anyhow that GS450h is a proper nice car alright. Bit of a barge though.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

It's down to grabbing people and go for a spin. :) Plenty of spins to be had. I had one upside-down in the Hybrid, thanks to Gary :D

Anyhow that GS450h is a proper nice car alright. Bit of a barge though.

/M

I was looking at you for ages trying to figure out what was going on..

-Corkie- wrote: »

Just the usual nonsense. :P

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It will be a while before the nail biting experience recently in the RS6 from a boardsie. That was nuts. :eek:

Beer Baron wrote: »
    It will be a while before the nail biting experience recently in the RS6 from a boardsie. That was nuts. :eek:

You can't trust those northerners. Especially not those living on the edge. I asume, that's who you are referring to.

/M

You can't trust those northerners. Especially not those living on the edge. I asume, that's who you are referring to.

/M

I nearly ripped the grab handle from the roof of the car. :D

Folks, the meet today(which I couldn't make) sounds like a great turnout. The humble beginnings from a few years ago has made a massive turnaround.

Onwards and upwards. (except me, I went from a nice Audi to a humble 1.6TDi passat :( )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Good meet. 20 minutes after leaving the place, got a flat, and pulled in. Spotted another tyre nearby, and the remains of one (truck tyre?) further down. So I changed it, and jumped back in, and "chug" battery had died. Luckily the insurance crowd (KennCo) had me covered, so was up and running 30minutes later. Ah well.

Pictures to follow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I drove a few people's cars today so thanks to the owners-

Bazman's BMW 535d - my next car. Effortless fast and comfortable.

Jemmy's DC5 - pleasantly surprised me, didn't think it'd be so civilised!

TT's S2000 - Savage poke and I'd have one if my lifestyle allowed

Marlows 525d - the amount of thought, care and dedication that's gone into that car amazes me!!

Pics to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Ill be at the next one I swear! Couldnt fit my hamster water feeders in the engine bay, good thing too as I found out the positive wire would have melted and gone on fire.

Marlows 525d - the amount of thought, care and dedication that's gone into that car amazes me!!

Thanks. This is how it looked like 1 1/2 years ago
    36667_407741533681_698008681_4577848_3720971_n.jpg
    36667_407741543681_698008681_4577850_3295298_n.jpg
    36667_407741548681_698008681_4577851_7572916_n.jpg
    35770_407741653681_698008681_4577855_4888589_n.jpg
    36667_407741528681_698008681_4577847_8048651_n.jpg

But I think you have seen those already.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

-Corkie- wrote: »

He leaned in the window to talk to Knifey so I pushed him all the way in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Gary ITR wrote: »
    He leaned in the window to talk to Knifey so I pushed him all the way in :D

Is it Knifeys car???. I thought hard about buying it but my empty bank account wouldnt let me.

the_syco wrote: »
    Good meet. 20 minutes after leaving the place, got a flat, and pulled in. Spotted another tyre nearby, and the remains of one (truck tyre?) further down. So I changed it, and jumped back in, and "chug" battery had died. Luckily the insurance crowd (KennCo) had me covered, so was up and running 30minutes later. Ah well.

Pictures to follow :D
    That's strange. Was it near Borris-in-Ossery by any chance?

If it was my guy came to your rescue :D

Better than another boardsie a few meets back who had a flat. Abandoned the car in Mounthrath, went to the meet and went back to change the wheel later. The wheel he brought back didn't fit.

I said

"See you Later" a fecked off. :D

He made it home eventually. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

spotted this beast on the way home :eek::D

DSC_0082.jpg

• Advertisement

Was going mad I didn't spot you, had a look around the Leon and its a lovely motor. So rare to find a nice clean one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement