Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***MOTORS MEET - Saturday Jan 21st Portlaoise***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

If I can get my Hydrogen generator installed into the 540i tomorrow morning, Ill drive it down to this too. Just waiting on the Tec7 to cure overnight.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

And all late at night not a creature was stirring except the integra whose engine wis firing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

i will be tired at this.... work til 3 - bed at 4

if anyone finds me asleep at the poitin stil asleep in the car you may beep me or do the garda knock on a window !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,896 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'll be there but my car won't. I locked my keys in the boot of my car.

On a related note, Gary ITR and DrummerBoy08 are bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

There is an attended car wash not too far from where we are meeting in Mahon, drive on past halfords etc and turn left at the junction not too far out the road, think its a texaco filling station. I'm going to take a chance on them being open in the morning. I got the car washed there the week before last and they did a very good job.
    Yeah know the one - on Skehard road. Now that I think of it, maybe crystal clean in Mahon Point might be open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Yeah know the one - on Skehard road. Now that I think of it, maybe crystal clean in Mahon Point might be open.

Would you really risk them though?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Matt Simis wrote: »
    If I can get my Hydrogen generator installed into the 540i tomorrow morning, Ill drive it down to this too. Just waiting on the Tec7 to cure overnight.
    :cool:

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for a mushroom cloud out West so... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

EPM wrote: »

As i said, I was going to go them this morning but I found out that they use sponges to wash the cars. No thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Crysyal Clean are arasholes. The lad in Topaz on the Blackrock Road is great if you don't have time to wash it yourself; I took my bus there last week and he did a better job than I'd do myself in the same time. Give him a couple quid for his trouble when you're done, so he'll keep it up.

Used them before on my rover 75...... Oh dear! They could hardly **** up a simple exterior wash though. Right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Used them before on my rover 75...... Oh dear! They could hardly **** up a simple exterior wash though. Right?

We use them all the time, probably due to convienience though. I have seen a couple of full valets and the quality is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Nice dark skys above portlaoise, Bring a jacket folks.

As i said, I was going to go them this morning but I found out that they use sponges to wash the cars. No thanks!

Doesn't every car wash use sponges at some point when washing the car? I've never used one that doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Jomcc wrote: »
    Any objections to someone coming on 2 wheels. Tax out too long on Z1 to chance bringing it out even though it's only 5 minutes to Midway.

You should bring the DeLorean really :)

/M

There is an attended car wash not too far from where we are meeting in Mahon, drive on past halfords etc and turn left at the junction not too far out the road, think its a texaco filling station. I'm going to take a chance on them being open in the morning. I got the car washed there the week before last and they did a very good job.

They're open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

He's a gas man lm.

Yup, hope ye've got toll tags. I don't hang around lads...

I am only waking up now so i am gonna be late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Ooh hangover and now should be driving there.. with 1 cylinder off probably.. not funny.. let's see after cup of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Just about to head out. Looks like it could be a good meet... :0)

Yawn ..:... Car really messy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Doesn't every car wash use sponges at some point when washing the car? I've never used one that doesn't.

Maybe but it's very bad for your paintwork. Tiny bits of dirt stay on the surface that's cleaning the car and causes swirls. I never use anything only lambs wool mits and lances.

At least with a brush it's not so bad but I'd never use a brush all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Myself. Quazzie and drummerboy have to take a detour, do we'll miss the Dublin convoy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I'll be leaving for this shortly. Kept my name off the list in case of potential Friday night plans, but nothing materialised.

Won't make the Poitin Stil for 11 but shouldn't be too late to Midway.

Hope I can find you guys... :P

Bout 3 of is here at poitin ... Anymore to turn up ?

iPhone posting so not looking back :P

f****** horse boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Marlow wrote: »
    You should bring the DeLorean really :)

/M

That's taxed alright........just too lazy to drive to Abbeyleix to collect it. Think it will be there for a few minutes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Cork convoys few minutes behind schedule

Cork convoys few minutes behind schedule

In mtown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Bout 3 of is here at poitin ... Anymore to turn up ?

iPhone posting so not looking back :P

I m late.. Catch you at midways then

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I'm here early, even after rush hour traffic in. Abbyleix :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Be there in 20 mins

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement