Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 142

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dana is really really REALLY pissed

i'd stake my house that win or lose Johnson will deservedly get canned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

Supposedly Johnson had to stop cutting weight because he couldn't feel his legs. How on earth can he have so much trouble making 185lbs but yet has fought so many times at 170lbs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

scudzilla wrote: »
    i'd stake my house that win or lose Johnson will deservedly get canned

Not if he wins.

If that was the case then, whats his name Alves would be long gone from the UFC.

If Johnson has a good reason for not making weight, and apparently he does, then he won't be cut.

It's gonna happen every now and again.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Dana is really really REALLY pissed

Didn't seem that pissed to me.

lol at Belfort eating his towel though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Dana loves sh1t like this. Belfort and Rumble are now getting more interest than the main event.

loremolis wrote: »
    Not if he wins.

If that was the case then, whats his name Alves would be long gone from the UFC.

If Johnson has a good reason for not making weight, and apparently he does, then he won't be cut.

It's gonna happen every now and again.

Dana has said, can't find the link, that he didn't believe Johnsons excuse, and this isn't the first time he's missed weight, happened on at least 2 other occasions IIRC, also he didn't just miss it, he was almost in another fcukin weight class!!

This could have scuppered one of the main fights on the card involving the home favourite Vitor.

I think Dana will bin him as a warning to others

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Dana has said, can't find the link, that he didn't believe Johnsons excuse, and this isn't the first time he's missed weight, happened on at least 2 other occasions IIRC, also he didn't just miss it, he was almost in another fcukin weight class!!

This could have scuppered one of the main fights on the card involving the home favourite Vitor.

I think Dana will bin him as a warning to others

I hadn't seen that.

If it isn't fight of the night then I guess Johnson has a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

loremolis wrote: »
    I hadn't seen that.

If it isn't fight of the night then I guess Johnson has a problem.

I think it'll take a miracle to save his job. Dana likes to make a point and make an example of fighters to warn everybody else that nobody is safe. If you fúck up on a scale as big as this then you deserve to be cut imo.
    At this level of competition then you could excuse it happening once or maybe twice, but when a guy has missed weight twice before and then moves UP in weight and misses it by a country mile, then his career has to be in question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

whats the deal with the towel?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

pauldoo wrote: »
    whats the deal with the towel?
    I think there's ice in it and he chewing on it to keep a small bit of water in his system during the cut. It's an awful experience so sucking on small amounts of ice really helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

whats the deal? is it going ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

whats the deal? is it going ahead?

Yeah it's goin ahead. I'd say he won't be in great shape though as he weighed in at 204.5 or something at noon today. I'm no expert but to me that looks like he was keeping an eye on it and probably didn't get to re-hydrate as much as he'd have liked.

That being said, I think Vitor is a far better fighter and would have beaten Johnson either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

johnson is in a tricky position now, i think his plan would be to take vitor down, now if he takes vitor down and its a boring fight hes not doin himself favours with dana and the potential chop. he seemed to be pointing at his leg/hip at the weigh ins when he was talking to dana, must have been injured to **** up so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

yeah I agree Phenom is a different pedigree of fighter .... in fact at his best prob on the top 20 all time MMA fighters list...
    but AJ is a wrecking ball when he's in the mood ....and it takes a quality performance to stop wrecking balls no matter what so Vitor better be ready to let them hands go...sharpish

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So here we are...... prelims about to start........... and does anyone STILL not have any idea as to whether the 5 fight FUEL TV section of the show will be on UFC.tv or not?

I bloody hope it is?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So here we are...... prelims about to start........... and does anyone STILL not have any idea as to whether the 5 fight FUEL TV section of the show will be on UFC.tv or not?

I bloody hope it is?

Yeah they are on UFC.tv
    Whats the story with the facebook prelim? Is it still on at half 12?

Edit: Just to clarify, according to UFC.com, there's 2 facebook prelims and 4 on UFC.tv

And facebook prelim starting now btw

Dean09 wrote: »
    Yeah they are on UFC.tv
    Whats the story with the facebook prelim? Is it still on at half 12?

Yeah, broadcast just started. I thought it was on at 12 for some reason

Edit: Funky new "UFC on FX" theme music

Rio DAY janeiro :D

• Advertisement

Rio DAY janeiro :D

I saw an ad on ESPN where they had a clip of GOldie cut in saying Rio DE Janeiro

It was obviously some sort of cheap Goldberg impostor!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Can't believe Rio is only 2 hours behind us. Going to be a very late night for everyone over there.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Can't believe Rio is only 2 hours behind us. Going to be a very late night for everyone over there.

Yeah Dana was saying in the blog that Vitor wouldn't be getting into the ring until 3am :eek:

So what's the rules for the drinking game tonight lads?!

Drink every time Goldie says Rio DAY Janeiro

Drink every time they say the crowd is amazing

So what's the rules for the drinking game tonight lads?!

Drink every time Goldie says Rio DAY Janeiro

Drink every time they say the crowd is amazing

Drink everytime Rogan says "CRAAAZY"

Whats with the new clock?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Drink every time they say:

"He needs to be careful in this position"

"This is an incredible match-up"

"The lovely Chandella and Arianny"

"In front of his home crowd" :pac:

Whats with the new clock?!

They must be showing this on FX? Coz the graphic said "UFC on FX", unless they're using this Facebook pre-lim to test it out?

Great first round. Very close round actually but i'll say:

10-9 Carvalho

For fúck sake Goldie is bangin on about soccer already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

MrStuffins wrote: »
    They must be showing this on FX? Coz the graphic said "UFC on FX", unless they're using this Facebook pre-lim to test it out?

Great first round. Very close round actually but i'll say:

10-9 Carvalho

AjJ5i0TCMAIdXx2.jpg

Advertisement