Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've another date this weekend (unfortunately different man). Not too sure about him. He doesn't seem to want to chat properly via email like all other men I've been in contact with on the site. Sorry I agree to the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Laughing my head off at that story Otis. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Otis you look like a completely different person depending on what stage of your shave cycle you are on, change your facial hair so she goes out with you then woo her with your charm then she will of gotten past the initial weirdness, problem solved.

You really do look completely different with/without beard!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Maguined wrote: »
    Otis you look like a completely different person depending on what stage of your shave cycle you are on, change your facial hair so she goes out with you then woo her with your charm then she will of gotten past the initial weirdness, problem solved.

You really do look completely different with/without beard!

Otis do you like your beard? Have you it now? I'm female a hate a beard. I think most women prefer a beardless guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This reminded me of this thread:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxg5buuhI51r5s77po1_500.jpg

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxg5buuhI51r5s77po2_500.jpg

:p

Must be strange for the women on dating sites. Just log on and sift through all the messages.

Can't help but wonder when working up the nerve to message someone if its the 10th they've received that day.. how mine compares to others etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

That_Guy wrote: »
    Laughing my head off at that story Otis. Brilliant.
    What story? I'm feeling very blonde!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Pembily wrote: »
    What story? I'm feeling very blonde!

about the girl messaging and him looking like her brother? :)

Samich wrote: »
    about the girl messaging and him looking like her brother? :)

But what does that have to do with his beard stages?? I am clearly having a stupid day!

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    He looks different without his beard apparently, so he may not look like her brother any more.

You still asleep?

Also, a lot of guy here are asking for advice on how to improve their profiles etc. Not having a beard may attract more women. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think many women like beards.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    He looks different without his beard apparently, so he may not look like her brother any more.

You still asleep?

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

mood wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think many women like beards.

S-bastien-Chabal-001.jpg
    "Wut?"

Galvasean wrote: »
    S-bastien-Chabal-001.jpg
    "Wut?"

He is not a man!!!!

They can be sexy!

Galvasean wrote: »
    S-bastien-Chabal-001.jpg
    "Wut?"

Exactly :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I love beards :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

She reckoned it was my eyes that was the striking resemblance however I did awake to a really nice message from her and we have penciled in a chat for later so will see how it goes.
    @ mood,I've never had any complaints about my beard before.Its kept very neat and certainly not like Chabbals!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

She reckoned it was my eyes that was the striking resemblance however I did awake to a really nice message from her and we have penciled in a chat for later so will see how it goes.
    @ mood,I've never had any complaints about my beard before.Its kept very neat and certainly not like Chabbals!

Glad that's all sorted, now can we have a link to this gorgeous girls profile? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Have any females come across the profile on POF today with the really explicit photos?? :eek::eek:

Ive reported it twice already but its still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Maguined wrote: »

Glad that's all sorted, now can we have a link to this gorgeous girls profile? :pac:
    Her pics are on private I'm afraid.
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Also, a lot of guy here are asking for advice on how to improve their profiles etc. Not having a beard may attract more women. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think many women like beards.

I love beards, on some guys! :) As do most women I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That sounds very promusing Otis, happy days!
    (I still say go out in a blaze a glory, haha!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Strange you should say that. I just shaved off my beard and put up a pic without it. Hasn't made a blind bit of a difference. Haven't had one reply from any of the women I've messaged. Surely I can't be that ugly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I love beards, on some guys! :) As do most women I know!

Hate beards - rotten.com! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Dovies wrote: »

Ah that's not nice. :(

I wouldn't like to see a post that said, for example, "Hate brunettes - rotten.com"

I get that guys with beards mightn't be your type, but there's really no need to be so nasty about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gemi

Dovies wrote: »

I like beards on some men. I quite like hairy men in general though. Although not long hair on men for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

andreac wrote: »
    Have any females come across the profile on POF today with the really explicit photos?? :eek::eek:

Ive reported it twice already but its still there.

Yep..he keeps requesting a chat... No thanks :rolleyes:

Clearly he's contacting everyone, hoping someone will fall for his charms...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Yep..he keeps requesting a chat... No thanks :rolleyes:

Clearly he's contacting everyone, hoping someone will fall for his charms...

I can safely say that it's not me this time. \o/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement