Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

maybe I should get my profile checked out to make sure I dont sound like a dope ...anyone want that honor???

I'll have a goo.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Have been chatting to what seems like a really nice guy over the past couple of days :) We seem to have clicked, and he doesn't strike me as though he'll turn out to be a creep like your guy did JennyB...at least fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

he told me his name was Sean then he turned into a bit of a creep

There is your problem right there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Date sorted for tomorrow night!

Just spent the last hour doing an emergency hair dye job, got to look my best :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

Thanks a million!!! Profile has been sent!!!

I hope so too MarieBeth ....just make sure he isn't gorgeous with glasses and 6'3 in a danger mouse t-shirt with a cute smile, puppy eyes ...and ...and well maybe I should just text him sure he may be a perverted man who may not actually look like that ...but isnt that better then no man at all???? XD lol

Yeah I know Seans ...cant trust them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

No luck last few days. :( Re-jigged my profile a bit just now. Will see what happens. It's either a flood or a famine!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

GrumPy wrote: »
    No luck last few days. :( Re-jigged my profile a bit just now. Will see what happens. It's either a flood or a famine!

The sites tend to get busier around the weekends..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,772 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Right changed up my profile abit after some helpful advice from the ladies on here, lets try this again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Larianne wrote: »
    The sites tend to get busier around the weekends..

Sunday evenings can be mad busy I find.
    Maybe the thoughts of going through another week as a singleton has people flocking to the site!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Sunday evenings can be mad busy I find.
    Maybe the thoughts of going through another week as a singleton has people flocking to the site!:pac:

No, its the failed scoring or failed dates the two nights previous!

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    No, its the failed scoring or failed dates the two nights previous!

Aww yeah, I forgot that that's what we're supposed to be doing at the weekends. Me and my getting booze and heading to a mates house, watchinh football till all hours, sure I'll never meet anyone like that!!:D

Panthro wrote: »
    Aww yeah, I forgot that that's what we're supposed to be doing at the weekends. Me and my getting booze and heading to a mates house, watchinh football till all hours, sure I'll never meet anyone like that!!:D

You should have parties! Best way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I had a date tonight, but not through online dating, kind of a set up blindish date through a guy i know and his single friend. Lovely guy but not my type and didnt feel any attraction at all, awh well...

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭IHeartShoes

Hi All, long time fan and first time poster.

Find the thread compelling reading given my new found interest in online dating. Am of the older variety - 42 - and having great craic have to say, despite not having huge success. Not looking for the next big thing, just dating but not averse to a relationship if that happened. I have had a number of dates and the whole 'chemistry' thing is fascinating and frustrating in equal parts. I have met two boys in particular (at differing times!) after fairly lengthy and constant exchange of emails or texts or whatever. Seemed very compatible as had v similar sense of humour, could spell and use grammar and absolutely no text speak, stuff in common etc etc. However, met and after one date felt not a spark of chemistry on my side. Pushed it with one to about 3 dates as found him so funny - 'pee my pants laughing' funny but zero chemistry! Tried keeping him as friend, but after pretending to be pals for a bit, was dropped when he fully finally accepted that there was nothing more in it for him:( Another chap had little chemistry/personality online so thought that it might exist in person and agreed to meet but nope!

I haven't seen the site I am on mentioned - Match Affinity and wondered if anyone else had any experience of it? There are quite a few old boys on there and they are so cute you kinda have to message them back - would be rude not to! But I am not harsh enough as have collected 2 penpals to date whom I mail/text off site! Have stopped at 2 though!

Interested in the whole chemistry thing, especially from my demographic, but not ageist so any comments welcome:)

Sx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

So a girl on PoF started messaging me.Opening message was how much she loved my profile,similar interests etc.She had a photo attached and is gorgeous,like properly gorgeous.She then tells me that only for the fact I look like her brother she would ask me out.

OpoQQ.jpg?1302279568

Why even bother mailing me in the first place.Arrrrggggghhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

So a girl on PoF started messaging me.Opening message was how much she loved my profile,similar interests etc.She had a photo attached and is gorgeous,like properly gorgeous.She then tells me that only for the fact I look like her brother she would ask me out.

Why even bother mailing me in the first place.Arrrrggggghhhhh.

That's a shame Otis. Linky please:D

Interested in the whole chemistry thing, especially from my demographic, but not ageist so any comments welcome:)

Sx

What are you asking? If the chemistry has to be there from the start or grows? :confused:

What a bummer Otis! Yeah, why bother mailing. Glad the profiler is kinda working out for ya! :p

phoenix833 wrote: »
    That's a shame Otis. Linky please:D

1210083608father_dick_byrne1.jpg

:pac:

She has her picture on private.
    ;)

Have been back and forthing with her,actual decent messages rather than the 1 liner stuff Ive been getting.

• Advertisement

Look it Otis, the girl has pretty much said she won't be up for meeting you.
    If I were you, I'd go out in a blaze of glory and message her back something along the lines of:
    "I'd play with you in ways your brother never did!....:eek::eek::eek:

(For the love of god, DO NOT take my advice!)

I'm after messaging a girl on POF, I ramble, I won't deny it.

Sounds like a wind up merchant TBH

That was my first thought.She has a very thorough profile,like 4 or 5 paragraphs and I tineyed her photo and there were 0 matchs so we shall see.

How does tineye work? Would, for example, your facebook pictures come up as matches? I tend to reuse fb photos for dating sites and I assume many others do too.

Just enter the url of the photo and it does some kind of reverse scan/search.

It has over 2.3 billion photos on file.

Im going to try it with one of my own pics I posted in the KYC thread just to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Yeah someone could easily just steal their hot friends pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

evil_seed wrote: »
    I started this back just before halloween and got a date out of it. Met the girl twice but then lots of stuff was happening with both of us and it cooled off. Back in contact again with her so I'll wait and see where this goes. Any girls on here want to critique my POF profile for the craic?

No takers? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

I started this back just before halloween and got a date out of it. Met the girl twice but then lots of stuff was happening with both of us and it cooled off. Back in contact again with her so I'll wait and see where this goes. Any girls on here want to critique my POF profile for the craic?

I'll have a look at it for you, PM me your username :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Me too if you like, just pm me your username :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement