Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gemi

awec wrote: »
    As I said on another thread, the muppetry stops when you become 23. You wake up and all of a sudden you aren't a muppet any more. ;)

You also start to get hangovers that last 2 days. :(

Really? My mother told me after 26, I'm going to say boys because I find it the more appropriate term, change in their attitude and are more mature. I have found this to be completely false. I was seeing a 32 year old a few months ago who turned out to be the most immature/childish person I have come across in a long time. So maybe it's changed over the years and kicks in some time mid 30s these days.

finipops wrote: »
    Even though you say you wouldn't date a 20/21 year old would you date say a 25/26 year old but who looked like 21?

Well, the age thing would be more about assumed maturity level, life experience, etc. I'm nearly 27, but I'm told I look anywhere between 23 and 30+ on any given day. So what age a person looked wouldn't really be a factor. But then again, if I get on with someone and like them I'm not adverse to being swept off my feet by a 21 year old either....I just don't really see it happening. I don't think I'd have much in common with anyone under like 24/25, but I'm open to being wrong on that. The age thing is more just a guide, not written in stone. At the end of the day, it would all depend on how I actually get on with a person in reality, as opposed to the on paper details. It may be something I'd be conscious of initially, but I'd get over it if I really liked the person.

• Administrators Posts: 53,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    I'd consider myself to be mature and I'm only 23. 26? Pah!

Now, anyone tell me where I left my action man?

I also would have considered myself to be mature at 23 also, when I was 23. I now know different. It's all relative.

But like I said, it depends on the person. Either way, the online dating kind of counts that out, because all you can go on is what's on paper. And on paper, at 26 almost 27, I wouldn't go for someone who was under 25.

That said, my best friend's boyfriend is 4 years her junior, and one of my other close friends, his girlfriend of nearly 2 years is 8 years older than him. But they both met the old fashioned way, so the details fade a bit when face to face chemistry kicks in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

gemi wrote: »
    I also would have considered myself to be mature at 23 also, when I was 23. I now know different. It's all relative.

But like I said, it depends on the person. Either way, the online dating kind of counts that out, because all you can go on is what's on paper. And on paper, at 26 almost 27, I wouldn't go for someone who was under 25.

That said, my best friend's boyfriend is 4 years her junior, and one of my other close friends, his girlfriend of nearly 2 years is 8 years older than him. But they both met the old fashioned way, so the details fade a bit when face to face chemistry kicks in.
    I asked because i wanted some feedback because i've a date tomorrow night with a 27 year old and i'm a 25 year old guy who looks young for my age.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Oh, and here was me thinking that rule was 10 + 7

• Advertisement

finipops wrote: »
    gemi wrote: »

I asked because i wanted some feedback because i've a date tomorrow night with a 27 year old and i'm a 25 year old guy who looks young for my age.:o

I honestly wouldn't worry then. Hope it goes well for you!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

20 is the age for me apparently, using that formula,

Makes sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

23 would be my age limit according to that rule.

I dated a 22 year old 2 years ago for a few months.

She.

Was.

Bonkers.

So unless it was someone out of this world in the way we clicked I reckon 25/26 is as young as I could feasibly go for.

You never know though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

hmm, talking about age & maturity.. here's my tuppence worth;)

i dated a guy last year that was 37 and he was fierce immature, im 32 and with regards to alot of fundamental things i was years ahead of him:rolleyes:
    whereas my new guy is 29 and singing off the same hymn sheet as me..funny that;)
    so age difference can be a funny thing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

My insanely hot 6'3, tattooed, sex God of a guy ...turned out to be a creep!!!! Who is giving out fake names to different girls in order to get naked pictures of them!!!! What a creep!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

My insanely hot 6'3, tattooed, sex God of a guy ...turned out to be a creep!!!! Who is giving out fake names to different girls in order to get naked pictures of them!!!! What a creep!!!!!

What?

GrumPy wrote: »
    What?

I was chatting to this guy who was physically so my type...we where getting on great, had loads in common, he said he loved playing video games and watched Dexter!!! So he asked for my number (with promises of game playing and a lend of his boxsets) .... so we where texting constantly...non stop and he was so sweet always like "Hey baby, hows work" blah, blah, blah ...he told me his name was Sean then he turned into a bit of a creep but being a typical woman I was like its because he is so hot maybe I can change him (I know, I know, dont judge me) ...so next of all he started asking for a dirty pic ...I know ...but I thought maybe he is just chancing his arm ...but anywho to cut a long story short..he started getting kinda pushy so like any rational female, I created a fake profile ...and added him saying he was cute ...to which he added my fake profile ...used basically the same chat up line as he did on me and then gave her a different name!!!!! He is Sean to me and Brian to "Amy"...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

and people wonder why men get bad names :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

a bit of a creep but being a typical woman I was like its because he is so hot maybe I can change him (I know, I know, dont judge me)

vZyaN.png

:p

Ah but in seriousness, I guess you wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, give everyone a reasonable chance I suppose. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I'm gonna weigh in on the maturity thing, but first.... What? How did he broch that 'request'?

On maturity, I think it's more about life experience than age. I know mature 20 year olds, and immature 30 year olds.

I'm 35, so they all feel like ' kids' to me :-/

I'm gonna weigh in on the maturity thing, but first.... What? How did he broch that 'request'?

On maturity, I think it's more about life experience than age. I know mature 20 year olds, and immature 30 year olds.

I'm 35, so they all feel like ' kids' to me :-/

He was just like chatting and then was like you know ...wanna swap pics ...and I was like nah not really and he just kept pushing it...so that's when I was like hmmm....he apparently lives 5 minutes down the road from me yet didn't suggest meeting up - why does he just want photos!!!

I don't think his photo is him either (its so hot) ...I think its a fake profile ....he is probably some pervert with a glass eye and wooden leg!!!! The horror and I fell for it :(

He was just like chatting and then was like you know ...wanna swap pics ...and I was like nah not really and he just kept pushing it...so that's when I was like hmmm....he apparently lives 5 minutes down the road from me yet didn't suggest meeting up - why does he just want photos!!!

I don't think his photo is him either (its so hot) ...I think its a fake profile ....he is probably some pervert with a glass eye and wooden leg!!!! The horror and I fell for it :(

In future if you think a picture maybe fake use

www.tineye.com/

Enter the URL of the image and it will show you if its come from some other random site.Yer man sounds like he was chancing his arm tbh.

• Advertisement

Yep twas POF ... that damn site ...

He even had a cool Batman name the pr*ck!!!

Batman is not cool.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Wow, one or two women are actually viewing me and sending me messages on POF. They must be REALLY bored.

Haha.

Hey, hey I have just had encounter with a creep ...be nice to me ...plus my eh blog on POF is about my Batman converse ...Oh God.... maybe I should get my profile checked out to make sure I dont sound like a dope ...anyone want that honor???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Hey, hey I have just had encounter with a creep ...be nice to me ...plus my eh blog on POF is about my Batman converse ...Oh God.... maybe I should get my profile checked out to make sure I dont sound like a dope ...anyone want that honor???

PM me and I will offer my wonderful and insightful advice. You should probably sit down before reading it. It's going to be AMAZING.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

Signed back into POF for some reason after 3 months away. Being single still probably has a lot to do with it!

Got 5 messages but none that interest me unfortunately.

Any female boardies like to analyse my profile for me?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

Jenny how about you have a look at mine and I'll look at yours?:D

PM me your profile and I'll do the same if you want.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement