Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

ScumLord wrote: »
    Is that a bit like deleting a file on your computer though? As in, you can't see the files but they're all still there.
    A forensic recovery tool could possibly recover the file, but AFAIK there are none currently available that will work with WP7. The standard tools that can for e.g. recover images from memory cards won't work because WP7 encrypts it's storage. (which is also why people have difficulting using SD cards after removing them from their phones)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Im getting really pissed of now.

AT&T and the US gets all the flagship devices in the US. While the most available phone we have over here is the Radar. Wtf really....

I really wanted the Focus S,

Renders of Lumia 900 came out now for AT&T and now Titan II launched (not even 6 months has passed since original Titan was released) with a 16MP camera.

Let me guess. We wont see neither of them here.

Does any one else feel like just giving up on MS. Cause they dont seem to be showing a lot of love to us here...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

Im getting really pissed of now.

AT&T and the US gets all the flagship devices in the US. While the most available phone we have over here is the Radar. Wtf really....

I really wanted to Focus S,

Renders of Lumia 900 came out now for AT&T and now Titan II launched (not even 6 months has passed since original Titan was released) with a 16MP camera.

Let me guess. We wont see neither of them here.

Does any one else feel like just giving up on MS. Cause they dont seem to be showing a lot of love to us here...

I've though about giving up on MS alright. I love WP7 don't get me wrong. However I also love my iPad and ATV2......as you say with these devices not coming here (a least for quite a while) why not put all my eggs in the Apple cart!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

evolutionqy7 hold on don't give up the Titan 2 has not been announced as a Worldwide exclusive in the US, from what I have read yet. Nokia has yet to announce lumia 900 offically yet. Do not forget Samsung will have other new WP7 handsets to announce to

simi956 wrote: »
    evolutionqy7 hold on don't give up the Titan 2 has not been announced as a Worldwide exclusive in the US, from what I have read yet. Nokia has yet to announce lumia 900 offically yet. Do not forget Samsung will have other new WP7 handsets to announce to

I'm trying. After all I was the one that started this thread. But regarding wp7 and bing ms seems to always forget about the rest of world outside US.

As well as the massive enthusiasm about windows phone from carriers here. Vodafone seems to be the only one trying. The rest just seem to be milking just what's available.

Idk in January I was planning to get the Lumia 800. Might hold out till Apollo comes. Don't see the point now tbh

• Advertisement

This is an excellent thread for WP7, Maybe you might know how I can fix this annoying issue I have with not Internet sharing on my Omnia 7, see my post on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=21060169#post21060169

This is an excellent thread for WP7, Maybe you might know how I can fix this annoying issue I have with not Internet sharing on my Omnia 7, see my post on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=21060169#post21060169

I dont think Internet Sharing is enabled by them as eMobile and Meteor dont actually permit to tether in the T&C's.

I just did it with an app that inter op unlocked the phone and installed internet sharing

But you have to have a developer unlocked phone in order to do that :)

I am actually writing an app currently for WP7, so I have the Omnia 7 Dev unlocked, If I was to interop unlock does that reset the phone

I am actually writing an app currently for WP7, so I have the Omnia 7 Dev unlocked, If I was to interop unlock does that reset the phone

Right dev unlocked phone just allows you to side load apps and access the core sys components.

In order to access the system you need to interop unlock your phone.

Which this xap here does. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1334248

Just follow instructions and in under 1 min you will have internet tethering :) Its as simple as that

Just found this as browsing XDA.

Since (once again) we dont have Zune Music Marketplace support we dont get those lovely artists covers when playing music.

This App with a little work can fix that. you can add your own artists work to make your music listening experience more pleasant :)

Damn i would love to try this out now

Anyway heres the linky http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1377210

Nokia Lumia 900 is "exclusive to the US and AT&T" ...isnt that a surprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nokia 900

Can't say I'm too impressed!

Nokia try and say they are going to be announcing something big, along with other devices, yet this is all they come up with, a larger Lumia 800!

They don't even have a release date, general statement with 'in a couple of months', and then of course it's only going to be available on AT&T!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Nokia 900

Nokia try and say they are going to be announcing something big, along with other devices, yet this is all they come up with, a larger Lumia 800!

They don't even have a release date, general statement with 'in a couple of months', and then of course it's only going to be available on AT&T!

Well tbh its what i expected Nokia to launch in the first place. But this is the US launch and not the Europe launch so its not really for us. But all i wanted is the FFC on the Lumia. I dont care i wont use it much or at all. I just like to have the option!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Nokia 900

It's made for the US market where they aren't releasing the Lumia 800. They've more WP7's in the pipe line waiting for the new windows phone apollo os.

Yeah well knew that was coming too...but you'd think they would of had some element of surprise or something!

Just seems so meh....the talk for months has been the millions they are going to pump into advertising/marketing this yet it's not available to everyone and they have no details!

I'm actually in America so that's why I'm annoyed over them only going with AT&T!

As much and all as I hate saying this, Apple know how to launch a phone, never going to hear them say it'll be available in a few months...they have definite dates and prices at launch time, keeps the buzz going, instead of now having to get out in the press again whenever they finalise a launch date!

Yeah well knew that was coming too...but you'd think they would of had some element of surprise or something!

Just seems so meh....the talk for months has been the millions they are going to pump into advertising/marketing this yet it's not available to everyone and they have no details!

I'm actually in America so that's why I'm annoyed over them only going with AT&T!

As much and all as I hate saying this, Apple know how to launch a phone, never going to hear them say it'll be available in a few months...they have definite dates and prices at launch time, keeps the buzz going, instead of now having to get out in the press again whenever they finalise a launch date!

Well with Windows Phones your not gonna get a lot of buzz around the launch of handsets. The main buzz is during the new OS revealing where Microsoft shows of the new features together with the new handsets. Hence why theres not much point launching handsets at any other time than september

I was a bit suprised with the "available in a few months" statement as well. Anyway the vast majority of buyer's will not even have heard of CES so it really comes down to how well they advertise the Nokia Lumia 900 when it does become available. I hear they're really going to push the advertising on this in the US, time will tell...

Lads, the Lumia 800is going to be available in Microsoft stores in February according to Elop!

Lads, the Lumia 800is going to be available in Microsoft stores in February according to Elop!

Yip and you can also buy it from lots of places on the internet in the US but you won't find it being sold by any of the US mobile carriers.

I'm well aware of the fact you can buy it online....just like every other phone! Just pointing out that Microsoft will be making it available themselves in store so they obviously see the market for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'm really surprised that MS hasn't had a push for a true second generation of hardware specs at this stage. WP7 is snappy enough to not need dual cores etc, but the specs on paper may look to the average consumer that they're being jipped when compared to the other platforms. I have to admit that the screen resolution is something that would stop me buying one now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I'm really surprised that MS hasn't had a push for a true second generation of hardware specs at this stage. WP7 is snappy enough to not need dual cores etc, but the specs on paper may look to the average consumer that they're being jipped when compared to the other platforms. I have to admit that the screen resolution is something that would stop me buying one now.

I see you point here, and it is unfortunate. I know people who won't try wp7 because there's no dual core processors. The problem is that wp7 doesn't need them, so they'd just drive prices up and battery life down, MS have to find a way to get these phones into people hands to show them the experience.
    I had a similar experience recently, where my friend was certain that my netbook must be slow, because of its slow processor and 512mb of RAM. But I had Google Chrome OS running on it, and it was quite zippy.

People need to get over the "low specs are bad specs" mentality.

that said, I would like to see some higher resolution screens in the future, but if that's the price we pay for low fragmentation, I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

DjFlin wrote: »
    I see you point here, and it is unfortunate. I know people who won't try wp7 because there's no dual core processors. The problem is that wp7 doesn't need them, so they'd just drive prices up and battery life down, MS have to find a way to get these phones into people hands to show them the experience.
    I had a similar experience recently, where my friend was certain that my netbook must be slow, because of its slow processor and 512mb of RAM. But I had Google Chrome OS running on it, and it was quite zippy.

People need to get over the "low specs are bad specs" mentality.

that said, I would like to see some higher resolution screens in the future, but if that's the price we pay for low fragmentation, I'm happy enough.

Dual core should increase battery life, cost increases would be relatively so little as to not impact the buyer.

Thats not fair :( i paid 2 yoyos or something back when the game first came out :(

Its a brilliant game. One of the best and original tower defence games with great graphics.

Dual core should increase battery life

Elaborate please, I really don't get how that's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Bye Bye Brain App-ocalypse is free in the Marketplace :D

http://wmpoweruser.com/game-review-bye-bye-brain/

It's the Lite version that's free! But still a good game!

gman2k wrote: »
    AntiVirus wrote: »
    Bye Bye Brain App-ocalypse is free in the Marketplace :D

http://wmpoweruser.com/game-review-bye-bye-brain/

It's the Lite version that's free! But still a good game!

This is not the lite version, this is App-ocalyse. This version is only just out.

DjFlin wrote: »
    Elaborate please, I really don't get how that's possible.

Less power is required for two people to push a car ,than one person it on its own only to realise that hes not going far :)

Same thing is used in high performance cars. They use for i.e. two small turbos instead of one big one. This gives the same amount of power or more and keeps the power consumption down a little bit.

Hope that clears it up.

Personally i didnt find my battery life on my Sensation last any longer than single core phone :) Galaxy S2 lasted me ages but thats probably due to the fact of amoled display and a huge battery :)

No sign of a Netflix app yet. And sideloading the US one won't let you sign in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Less power is required for two people to push a car

Logic fail :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement