Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

gman2k wrote: »
    Ok, I've unlocked the phone, downloaded the XAP files but now it seems cos I'm still running XP I can't install the developers tools, so that rules out installing the XAP!

Try the link in my post above, it seems to work.

Or the bottom post in this link:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1033789

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Just out of curiousity, does anyone with an LG Optimus 7 on Vodafone Ireland have the maintenance update at all? I'm not waiting for it with baited breath, just wondering... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Just out of curiousity, does anyone with an LG Optimus 7 on Vodafone Ireland have the maintenance update at all? I'm not waiting for it with baited breath, just wondering... :)

I think a few folks have. Not entirely sure. If not you will once its approved by vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I have it. But I cant remember if I unlocked my phone before or after getting it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dsenna

Hi, looking for some help/ advice ,want to get a windows phone with mango but not the really big ones(titan) so between the HTC radar and Samsung omnia w any thoughts

• Advertisement

Hi, looking for some help/ advice ,want to get a windows phone with mango but not the really big ones(titan) so between the HTC radar and Samsung omnia w any thoughts

Dsenna wrote: »

The Omnia W isnt available via carriers here. In terms of specs Omnia W is a bit faster than the Radar and has a nicer display, both i think have front facing camera's for video chat.

Lumia 800 is coming soon if you dont mind holding out. The only downside of the Radar and the Omnia W that their 8GB memory, for some people that might not be enough. Especially if you install the likes of Navigation software and it takes up 2GB that leaves quite a small amount of space.

Lumia 800 will be 16GB. So no comprimise on space there if you take lots of pics and videos and like to listen to some music. The only downside of the Lumia 800 that it has no front facing camera if your planning on using it as a video calling device.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

I have the Omnia W just got it from O2 here, Got it down to the fact that the Lumia 800 does not have a Front Facing Camera. I also just updated to 8107, which has finally fixed the keyboard issue

simi956 wrote: »
    I have the Omnia W just got it from O2 here, Got it down to the fact that the Lumia 800 does not have a Front Facing Camera. I also just updated to 8107, which has finally fixed the keyboard issue

awh cool didnt see that it was out with the carriers yet :)

Thanks guys, Emobile will also have the omnia w in a week or so, I think the Nokia 800 will be on a much heavier tariff when it finally gets here ,anyone got the radar yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Dsenna wrote: »

Nokia Lumia 800? If you aren't in a rush or buy from UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Here's what you need to do:

Part 1
    1.Open the MFG app and use the password to open it. If you don’t know it’s (appmfg#*#)
    2.Go to Engineer Menu -> Other Settings -> Edit Registry
    3.Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    4.Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
    5.Set your input key to "PortalUrlProd" and set to DWORD
    6.Hit Query. Output result should return data. If it does continue.
    7.Keep your input data box empty and hit SET. Output result should be 0
    8.Keep this screen open and continue to Part 2

Part 2
    1.Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    2.Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
    3.Set your input key to "PortalUrlInt" and set to DWORD
    4.Hit Query. Output result should return data. If it does continue.
    5.Keep your input data box empty and hit SET. Output result should be 0
    6.Backout to the password screen and shutdown the phone via powerbutton.
    7.Reboot and sync. Your LG Optimus 7 should stay unlocked.

Now your LG Optimus 7 is unlocked. Good luck!

You can download the Nokia Maps and Nokia Music xap files from here:

http://gadgetian.com/27337/nokia-music-maps-xap-files-windows-phone-download/

I finally managed to load the Nokia Maps app after a lot of playing around. As well as the above I had to do this to dev unlock the phone:

You can unlock the phone by using the MFG registry editor.
    Open the MFG app and use the password to open it. If you don't know it's (appmfg#*#)
    Go to Engineer Menu -> Other Settings -> Edit Registry
    Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    Set your input path to "\Comm\Security\LVMod"
    Set your input key to "DeveloperUnlockState" and set to DWORD
    Hit Query. Output result should return a "0" or a random long number. If it does continue.
    Set your input data box to "1" and hit SET. Output result should be 1

I accidentally cleared a value in the registry that I shouldn't have though!
    Could anyone let me know what entry there should be here:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHIN
    2. \Software\Microsoft\DeviceReq
    3. Input Key blank, DWORD

Mine's showing as 0, but there was definitely something there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Does anyone knopw of any apps that allow you to stream your own video?

I used to have Bambuser, but i dont think its compatible with Mango right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

giftgrub wrote: »
    Does anyone knopw of any apps that allow you to stream your own video?

I used to have Bambuser, but i dont think its compatible with Mango right now

Have you not tried to upload your video to skydrive and stream it from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Have you not tried to upload your video to skydrive and stream it from there?

Yeah...but with bambuser i could stream live to Facebook, useless but kinda cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

fjon wrote: »
    I finally managed to load the Nokia Maps app after a lot of playing around. As well as the above I had to do this to dev unlock the phone:

You can unlock the phone by using the MFG registry editor.
    Open the MFG app and use the password to open it. If you don't know it's (appmfg#*#)
    Go to Engineer Menu -> Other Settings -> Edit Registry
    Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    Set your input path to "\Comm\Security\LVMod"
    Set your input key to "DeveloperUnlockState" and set to DWORD
    Hit Query. Output result should return a "0" or a random long number. If it does continue.
    Set your input data box to "1" and hit SET. Output result should be 1

I accidentally cleared a value in the registry that I shouldn't have though!
    Could anyone let me know what entry there should be here:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHIN
    2. \Software\Microsoft\DeviceReq
    3. Input Key blank, DWORD

Mine's showing as 0, but there was definitely something there before.

Dont worry about it. DeviceReq doesn't do anything itself, its pretty much just a folder for other keys, for example; Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\Install

You shouldn't encounter any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor have the Omnia W too. Got it last week.

chrislad wrote: »

They don't have it on the website. Are you sure it wasn't just the older Omnia 7?

chrislad wrote: »
    What do u think of it so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

OK, I'm a little bit of a thick when it comes to this kind of stuff, but how does one go about dev unlocking their phone and installing (sideloading?) apps ? I have a HTC HD7. What is/where do I get the "MFG app" ?

Thanks

• Advertisement

OK, I'm a little bit of a thick when it comes to this kind of stuff, but how does one go about dev unlocking their phone and installing (sideloading?) apps ? I have a HTC HD7. What is/where do I get the "MFG app" ?

Thanks

You sign up for a developer account with microsoft. It is €99 per year or something. All the chevron WP7 tokens are gone.

There are ways around this for some phones so do some research on it. These ways will be hard and you could break your phone.

Try out xda-developers. There are a lot of good smart guys on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Hi Folks

An A-Z index kind of a thing has appeared on my apps page. I.E. a over Alarm m over maps p over phone etc.

How can I get rid of it ? It's annoying me

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Hi Folks

An A-Z index kind of a thing has appeared on my apps page. I.E. a over Alarm m over maps p over phone etc.

I've had that from day one....Are you sure you never copped it before?:p

gman2k wrote: »
    I've had that from day one....Are you sure you never copped it before?:p

Ah yea, I'm sure, not gone that doddery yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭johnny_rambo

Hi Folks

I think it depends on how many apps you have installed. Once it gets over a certain amount, it automatically adds the letter.

Thanks, I was wondering was that it.
    I haven't a lot of apps on it, I removed a couple but it's still the same

Guess I'll have to put up with it so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I think that's part of Mango - certainly for me the letters appeared above the app names only after I upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

yep, it's a mango feature. makes it easier to quickly get to apps in a long list

• Registered Users Posts: 48 micko2009

Not sure if its a Windows phone problem or just another bug in the Lumia 800, but has anyone else experienced long loading of single emails in threads from gmail? I have three gmail accounts in my linked inboxes. Also if you decide to hit the back buttong after waiting too long the screen doesn't reload and crashs back to the main home screen.

• Advertisement

Hi Folks

It might be nice in MS gave you an option to turn it off BUT when you start using the letters to jump to the app you need then they'll stop bothering you. Especially as you get more an more apps. I'd hate to see them go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement