Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Dewey wrote: »
    you could say he fills the batman films with British Actors aswell...Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Tom Wilkinson.

True, but there's a lot of well-known British actors out there, but you don't see many Fair City actors and Irish comedians in Hollywood blockbusters.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The kid that played bruce in BB looks very like the kid singing the anthem at the stadium. Whats Nolan up to....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dempsey wrote: »
    The kid that played bruce in BB looks very like the kid singing the anthem at the stadium. Whats Nolan up to....?
    No he doesn't. Go to specsavers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

ricero wrote: »
    No he doesn't. Go to specsavers

I didnt say they were the same kid. Just a coincidence that they have the same hairstyle though!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dempsey wrote: »
    I didnt say they were the same kid. Just a coincidence that they have the same hairstyle though!

the same floppy haircut i and a million other kids had at that age, its nothing to do with BB at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Duggy747 wrote: »
    If it's apparently only an IMAX problem then he still needs to fix it considering how much of an advocate his is to the format.

Was thinking that the Bane voice issue was people just moaning over nothing - but watched the prologue in IMAX last night and could barely make out a single phrase he said. Had no issues understanding him on the trailer when listening on my laptop like some others though.

Pretty amazing all the same, I'm sure they'll get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

the prologue is brilliant, though bane is a bit hard to understand. Is it Tom hardy that is doing the voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

MJ23 wrote: »
    i hope Barry o Hanlon is in this movie. He was brilliant in Batman Begins.

Wasn't Hughie phelan (Joe Hanley) in Batman begins at he scene just after the scarecrow doses Katie Holmes with the fear toxin. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I remember because from working in a Dublin hospital yes ago he came into a+e hammered, on a busy night and demanded to skip the queue citing "do you know who I am"...####head.
    True story.

Anybody else notice Marion collitard wearing traditional Asian (Tibetan?) Garb from set photos. Didn't Bruce train in some Asian mountains for the league of assassins.
    Marion-Cotillard-Pictures-Shooting-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg
    maybe its been mentioned before i dont know

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

cursai wrote: »
    Anybody else notice Marion collitard wearing traditional Asian (Tibetan?) Garb from set photos. Didn't Bruce train in some Asian mountains for the league of assassins.
    Marion-Cotillard-Pictures-Shooting-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg
    maybe its been mentioned before i dont know

There's a very good chance she's playing
    Talia Al Ghul, the daughter of Ra's

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's a very good chance she's playing
    Talia Al Ghul, the daughter of Ra's

That's what I thought. The clothes in the photo make it seem more likely

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I thought it was well known at this stage. Sexy bítch

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

Sexy bítch

second that.

but that doesn't really tally with what nolan said about her getting wayne to contribute more to the charitable side of the city?

will bane break batman and will Talia bring bruce to a lazarus pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

The lazurus pit could be some kind of technology to help heal, not a magic property but something in the realm of believability

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Last trailer was fake, here's the real one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Lame.

Savman wrote: »
    Lame.

Second that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Savman wrote: »
    Lame.
    Second that

Ah lighten up will ye,Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Second that

Its only a bit of fun lads. The football scene is pretty funny I thought

Ah lighten up will ye,Jesus.

I lightened up......still lame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

This 8 year gap is really bugging me, in a good way though. It'll be important but how? What I'd love is some sort of Batman montage, kind of like the start of watchmen but less theatrical, and to include many other villains, even if its just newspaper headlines with pics like an archived heath ledger one, or some awesome outlandish cameos for 5 seconds, di caprio as riddler or guy pearce as penguin(we know he loves using previous actors). This'll never happen but any other non back breaking recovery period suggestions out there as to what happens during the 8 years?

P.s I loved that little spoof above,attention to detail is awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Nolan said the purpose of the 8 year gap was to give time for the events at the end of TDK to take effect. With the mob gone and the Joker locked up, it looks like Gotham is in pretty good shape at the start of TDKR. Good enough that Batman probably isn't needed anymore and Bruce is in a state of semi-retirement. The fact that the mayor is still the mayor 8 years later is proof of this. Then Bane obviously arrives on the scene, Bruce finally cracks, the truth about Harvey comes out and the people of Gotham turn on each just like the Joker said they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

TDK on TG4 atm.

Just watched the opening sequence and now Dent/Wayne are out for dinner. I can't get over how quickly thrown together all the scenes are. There is absolutely no pacing between them.

The gritty bat voice is grating on me again and I can't help but notice that the tv version doesn't have the hugely annoying black borders that I had to tolerate on my dvd.

I'm sure TDKR will improve on alot of things but re watching TDK makes me un excited about TDKR.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The gritty bat voice is grating on me again and I can't help but notice that the tv version doesn't have the hugely annoying black borders that I had to tolerate on my dvd.
    It's panned and scanned. They've cropped off the sides of the picture. Not that visual composition is one of Nolan's strong points, but I'd much rather see the full image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

TDK on TG4 atm.
    here i was watching soccer am best bits like a chump.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It's panned and scanned. They've cropped off the sides of the picture. Not that visual composition is one of Nolan's strong points, but I'd much rather see the full image.

The full image is stretched and squashed. I hate seeing so much of a big screen not being utilised.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm, I'm watching it on TG4 & wouldn't say that the pacing is completely off; sure there's a lot to take in, and we're only half an hour in, but I don't think it's to the film's detriment. If anything, to me it's the visual continuity that I found the biggest problem with the movie, with scenes such as the Joker's gatecrashing of the dinner party et al...

The full image is stretched and squashed. I hate seeing so much of a big screen not being utilised.

if you're watching it in 2.35:1 thats correct though, pan and scan is the devils way of watching movies :pac:

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm watching it on TG4 & wouldn't say that the pacing is completely off; sure there's a lot to take in, and we're only half an hour in, but I don't think it's to the film's detriment. If anything, to me it's the visual continuity that I found the biggest problem with the movie, with scenes such as the Joker's gatecrashing of the dinner party et al...

the tunnel chase with the swat van is an editing and continuity nightmare,the sense of direction is all over the place in it, I never realised how much until I watched a video on youtube detailing it, cant find it at the mo though.

Advertisement