Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

:D ^^

I LOL'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Anyway, I'm amazed by what a big deal everyone has made out of this. You never hear people get so upset over a film being visually incoherent. Shows you just how much audiences rely on dialogue to know what's going on.

I disagree, I, along with others have made a big deal about this in loads of films. Funnily enough, they were all big blockbusters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hehe

koma-comic-strip-inception-reunion.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Just watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and it appears Tom Hardy is little more than a lazy c*nt.Same jacket!!

Tom%2BHardy%2Bin%2BTinker%2BTailor%2BSoldier%2BSpy%2B2011_595.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Anyone got any links to the prologue again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and it appears Tom Hardy is little more than a lazy c*nt.Same jacket!!

Tom%2BHardy%2Bin%2BTinker%2BTailor%2BSoldier%2BSpy%2B2011_595.jpg

Did someone put lipstick on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Did someone put lipstick on him?

That explains why he wears the mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

interesting theory.....

Don't suppose theres' a release date yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

July 20.

nice.....should be a blockbuster summer so!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

constantg wrote: »
    nice.....should be a blockbuster summer so!

I dunno, I was thinking it could be the sleeper hit of the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

The Dark who?

TDKR???? Really? Wow, I gotta say, I dunno bout that man. The amount of hype its getting already is impressive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

constantg wrote: »
    TDKR???? Really? Wow, I gotta say, I dunno bout that man. The amount of hype its getting already is impressive!!

WHOOOOOSH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Otacon wrote: »
    WHOOOOOSH!
    Double WHOOOOOSH! methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Double WHOOOOOSH! methinks.

After a re-read, possibly. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

Putting everything aside I hope Tom Hardy's performance will not be contrasted with Heath's

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

^
    I think that will be the biggest problem with this film. No matter what, everyone will try to compare it with The Dark Knight and Tom Hardy will always be compared with Heath.

I'm sure he'll knock it out of the park, but Bane as a character does not offer as much to play with as The Joker did for Ledger, so I can't see an Oscar coming Hardy's way.

Hopefully we won't see too much of: "This film was great, but Hardy's Bane was not as compelling as Ledger's Joker" when summer comes around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Well arguably the only reason Heath got that Oscar is because he had the misfortune to die before the film came out.

Anyway, I don't think there's going to be much comparing of the two. Bane is a completely different type of villain. It's not like Hardy is playing the Riddler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

The problem with Ledger being so good as the joker is that all the focus is all on the villians now. It should really be on Batman himself, he's a great character but only just made it into his own trailer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

al28283 wrote: »
    The problem with Ledger being so good as the joker is that all the focus is all on the villians now. It should really be on Batman himself, he's a great character but only just made it into his own trailer

Yeah, the last Batman movie didn't really feature Batman all that much.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

Yeah, the last Batman movie didn't really feature Batman all that much.

TDK was very much about Batman though.

Begins covered his origin, TDK was all about what he was willing to do, how far he was willing to go, and what he was willing to sacrifice to be Batman, to fill that role for Gotham. The Joker storyline forces Bruce to evaluate all these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Well arguably the only reason Heath got that Oscar is because he had the misfortune to die before the film came out.

TBH, I've seen all of the performances for that year that were up for the Oscar bar Michael Shannon in Revolutionary Road, and I don't think any of them were out of the ordinary. Some of the noms were bizarre, such as Brolin for Milk and RDJ for Tropic Thunder.

I think based on each performance that was nominated, Ledger just about deserved it. But yeah, probably wouldn't even have been nominated if he hadn't died.

He should have got it for Brokeback Mountain anyway, but that was a very competitive category that year funnily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

TBH, I've seen all of the performances for that year that were up for the Oscar bar Michael Shannon in Revolutionary Road, and I don't think any of them were out of the ordinary. Some of the noms were bizarre, such as Brolin for Milk and RDJ for Tropic Thunder.

I think based on each performance that was nominated, Ledger just about deserved it. But yeah, probably wouldn't even have been nominated if he hadn't died.

He should have got it for Brokeback Mountain anyway, but that was a very competitive category that year funnily enough.

I'm surprised anyone even pays any attention to the oscars these days tbh - they're a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That new costume seems a little weird to me - it looks a little ... thrown together perhaps? It doesn't seem to have the same solid build of the first 2 suits. I wonder if this is some indication of reduced circumstances for Brucey. The neck-piece also looks strangely rigid - I'm also wondering is this to protect a brittle neck / spine? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

pixelburp wrote: »
    That new costume seems a little weird to me - it looks a little ... thrown together perhaps? It doesn't seem to have the same solid build of the first 2 suits. I wonder if this is some indication of reduced circumstances for Brucey. The neck-piece also looks strangely rigid - I'm also wondering is this to protect a brittle neck / spine? :D

In TDK he did ask Lucius for modifications to his suit so he would have more flexibility

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I always prefered the look of the Batman Begins suit over TDK myself

00017008-batman4.jpg

pixelburp wrote: »

Looks the exact same as the TDK suit to me.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    I always prefered the look of the Batman Begins suit over TDK myself

00017008-batman4.jpg

Really? Always struck me as too bulky and kinda clumsy.... Like TDK is a much more combat orientated film than BB for batman

Advertisement