Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Wertz wrote: »
    Just going by next big thing description, perhaps it's Lana Del Ray...don't know what song...maybe Videogames...

Spot on Wertz thanks a million!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Right I know this is a very long shot but maybe someone can help. If anyone has seen the play 'Bouncers' that was on in the Theatre Royal in Waterford, do you know the name of the song that was played during the fight scene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 orl11

Oh man this song has been wrecking my head too! My sister was listening to xmas fm today and said it is by someone called Sinead McNally, and it's called Nearly Christmas. Looked her up and she has a FB page where she talks about a new song she has out called 'Dance with Me' but no reference to her Christmas song except to mention the fact that another Xmas radio station were playing it. Went on their site, and they don't give any info about their tracklist either (nor do xmas fm) so I'm lost!! I have texted xxmas fm over the weekend, and sent them an e-mail to find out what it was, I love it so much, but can't get anything back. Will post if I find out, but would love to hear any update on where to get it in the meantime. Thanks!
    pajoanseo wrote: »
    Was listening to XMAS FM and heard a song with these lyrics

"Can you feel it, it's nearly here now, it's nearly christmas time
    Ring those bells, shout out loud, Santa getting ready to leave"

Sounded a bit like a Irish choir doing it....i think

Any help if they know it?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 orl11

Strike all that I just found it on itunes - download the single for 99 cent!
    orl11 wrote: »
    Oh man this song has been wrecking my head too! My sister was listening to xmas fm today and said it is by someone called Sinead McNally, and it's called Nearly Christmas. Looked her up and she has a FB page where she talks about a new song she has out called 'Dance with Me' but no reference to her Christmas song except to mention the fact that another Xmas radio station were playing it. Went on their site, and they don't give any info about their tracklist either (nor do xmas fm) so I'm lost!! I have texted xxmas fm over the weekend, and sent them an e-mail to find out what it was, I love it so much, but can't get anything back. Will post if I find out, but would love to hear any update on where to get it in the meantime. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭boynesider

I'm trying to find the name of a song by Florence and the machine. I heard it on a tv add for her newest album and the little bit I have heard has been stuck on my head for the last few days. Can't really make out the lyrics apart from maybe"lay me down"? Sounds like a very up tempo kind of song and I'm sure it's very well known

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Anyone know the name of the Guns n Roses song that plays in the Lynx TV Advert with Noah's Ark.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

boynesider wrote: »
    I'm trying to find the name of a song by Florence and the machine. I heard it on a tv add for her newest album and the little bit I have heard has been stuck on my head for the last few days. Can't really make out the lyrics apart from maybe"lay me down"? Sounds like a very up tempo kind of song and I'm sure it's very well known

What the Water Gave Me -

- probably the best song on the album too, cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

flanree wrote: »
    I know Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson was originally released 3 years ago but I'm sure I've heard another song out before then with the same melody/phrasing. It's that part at the start of the verse "This is my Winter Song to you...". It's driving me crazy, In know I've heard it before. I think it was faster with a full drum beat behind it. AAAAAAGH!!!! Am I the only one???

It reminds me of Wonderful Life by Black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭boynesider

What the Water Gave Me -

- probably the best song on the album too, cracking.

Thats is thanks!

Never really liked her before but that song is super. Might just get the album

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Worztron wrote: »

Carol of the bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bizguy

Anyone know what this song is?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

bizguy wrote: »
    Anyone know what this song is?!

Ben Cocks - Birds and the Bees

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

this really is a longshot but hoping someone might know!!

A dance song from about maybe 7 years ago - i know it was a european dj, pretty chilled out song but the video had a female dj getting ready for set. So doing make up, dressing up and closing scene is her closing hotel room with her dj gear

Anyone happen to know the name of the song - thanx in advance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bizguy

spurious wrote: »

Many thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Anyone know the piece of background music used in TV3's programme "Irelands Extreme Weather", it is a violin type music. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

this really is a longshot but hoping someone might know!!

A dance song from about maybe 7 years ago - i know it was a european dj, pretty chilled out song but the video had a female dj getting ready for set. So doing make up, dressing up and closing scene is her closing hotel room with her dj gear

Anyone happen to know the name of the song - thanx in advance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

thanx mate :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Anyone know the tune Sky Atlantic are using to promote Cloudstreet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

If anyone could please, please, pleeeeeeeease point me in the direction of an indie-pop sounding song that I think was floating about circa the 90's, very upbeat, quite a fast tempo, little bit of guitar and has the words "Don't stop me nowww, don't stop me nowwww" said fastly and repeated quite a lot (or at least that's what I think they're saying) -it came on at a party I was at last night as we were all zipping out the door into cabs and I forgot to ask what it was and it's been driving me crazy since!

PS: And no, it isn't Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now' I'm thinking of :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KatMcC

flanree wrote: »
    I know Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson was originally released 3 years ago but I'm sure I've heard another song out before then with the same melody/phrasing. It's that part at the start of the verse "This is my Winter Song to you...". It's driving me crazy, In know I've heard it before. I think it was faster with a full drum beat behind it. AAAAAAGH!!!! Am I the only one???

I heard this song this morning and immediately thought the same thing and it bothered me all day. I literally got a headache thinking about it, but I finally figured it out.

Could you be thinking of Dashboard Confessional's Ghost of a Good Thing? I haven't listened to Dashboard in years, but the two songs sound remarkably similar in the opening lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

hey guys, i'm looking for help with a dance tune. its pretty old now, but its really famous, i heard it recently but it wasnt in a club and it was being played as if it was an oriental song, just being played on chimes or something. (the cover of it).

the actual song reminds me a lot of Mauro

and maybe has hints of Robert Miles Children. i'd say the song is from a similar era to the Piccotto song. thanks a mil guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Plambey wrote: »
    hey guys, i'm looking for help with a dance tune. its pretty old now, but its really famous, i heard it recently but it wasnt in a club and it was being played as if it was an oriental song, just being played on chimes or something. (the cover of it).

the actual song reminds me a lot of Mauro

and maybe has hints of Robert Miles Children. i'd say the song is from a similar era to the Piccotto song. thanks a mil guys
    This came into my head straight away for some reason.

I heard a song sounding remarkably similiar to we speak no americano by yolanda be cool in diceys last nite.same genre of music bein remixed (same sounding instruments). in fact you could be mistaken for thinking its a remix of no speak ameriicano initially. the lyrics 'same same' are repeated alot in it, if that narrows it down for anyone. any help finding this song would be appreciated!

?

cambo2008 wrote: »
    This came into my head straight away for some reason.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are a F*CKIN ledgend! not sure how you got it from my description but thank you so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Plambey wrote: »
    you are a F*CKIN ledgend! not sure how you got it from my description but thank you so much!
    No probs,the Picotto version is one of my favourite dance tracks ever.Its called "imperiale".Just posted the other one as its easier to pick up the tune from.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    No probs,the Picotto version is one of my favourite dance tracks ever.Its called "imperiale".Just posted the other one as its easier to pick up the tune from.

what were the odds that picotto had a version and me thinkin it had a hint of komodo about it. both great choons, listenin to imperiale now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Does anybody know the song featured in the new Baileys ad(I think it's Baileys) and I'm sure I've heard it in the Inbetweeners also.
    Thanks

Advertisement