Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday/Friday Snow Potential

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Then why do met eireann have a weather warning on their site for sleet and snow showers? Not too many people reside in Ireland 300m above asl.

Freezing level is the height of the 0 °C isotherm, not the snowline. It is important for aviation in that it marks the height at which airframe icing can occur.

Snow can still fall below this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Snowing here now. :)

Or rather 'was' snowing here - brief but good to see all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

inabina wrote: »
    folks the latest radar showing the precip edging up slightly...any chance of it causing some trouble with the low temps?
    Doubtfull away from high ground.It's getting very near me and my temp is rising.
    Dewpoint is marginal here now at -0.5c
    Currently it's 100% cloudy

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭eastmayo

snow ghost wrote: »
    Snowing here now. :)

Or rather 'was' snowing here - brief but good to see all the same
    where abouts in west mayo was it snowing?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

3 degrees in dublin too warm for snow..

• Advertisement

eastmayo wrote: »
    where abouts in west mayo was it snowing?:confused:

Westport.

It didn't last long, it is drizzling rain with a bit of sleet in it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭eastmayo

snow ghost wrote: »
    Westport.

It didn't last long, it is drizzling rain with a bit of sleet in it now.
    thanks snow ghost,it should be snow if that shower makes it over here;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

This is gonna be one of those unmmemorable winters i think..cant complain we got 10 years worth last two years:)

4Sheets wrote: »
    This is gonna be one of those unmmemorable winters i think..cant complain we got 10 years worth last two years:)

It's early days yet 4sheets - I wouldn't be so sure about that at this stage.

eastmayo wrote: »
    thanks snow ghost,it should be snow if that shower makes it over here;)

Castlebar had some too I hear, so yeah if you get any precip you should get some too over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

1.2c in goatstown, falling .7 an hour, dewpoint -1.2. good frost on the car windscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Slipping and sliding all over the road on the way home from the pub, and I only had 3 drinks so that wasn't the cause...very icy out so be careful folks...!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

D5 Update - Temp 0.7C, DP -1.5C, WB 0.1C. Roads - Icy as hell - Thank god for Snow Tyres!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Slipping and sliding all over the road on the way home from the pub, and I only had 3 drinks so that wasn't the cause...very icy out so be careful folks...!

Driving after 3 drinks? Tut tut tut!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I know ye hate these questions (as much as I hate snow :D) but I'm wondering how likely snow in Limerick would be tomorrow morning? I have an interview and I'd hate for that ****ing Satan fluff to show up and delay me gettin there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Su Campu wrote: »
    Driving after 3 drinks? Tut tut tut!!! :pac:

Never said he was driving, could have been walking!

It's 0.3 here, radar shows precip over me (light) for the last 2 hours, but nothing here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Wiintr tyres are no use on ice they provide a little more grip than summers , but u still need to take it handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

kenmc wrote: »
    1.2c in goatstown, falling .7 an hour, dewpoint -1.2. good frost on the car windscreen

When you posted this I was reading -0.3C in clonskeagh? Bit strange, anyway temp is 0.2C here and DP is -3C. :)

Dan :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Never said he was driving, could have been walking!

It's 0.3 here, radar shows precip over me (light) for the last 2 hours, but nothing here.

Yes we walked...pub is only 300 yds from de house...! perfect staggering (sliding) distance! They were 3 large one btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I came through clonskeagh on the way home and the frost on the cars in the Honda dealer was heavier even that at my house. weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

These two little lows are heading our way might increase shower potential later you can see one swirling out to our west here

http://www.sat24.com/?culture=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

ground starting to turn white here from mix of snow and graupel . still falling

Update: stopped now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    ground starting to turn white here from mix of snow and graupel . still falling

Update: stopped now

You are getting more then last year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Here in South East (Waterford/tipp border) bit high up, no sign of frost or precipitation of any kind :( No wind either. Nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

je55ie wrote: »
    You are getting more then last year ;)

yes :) started again now. proper snow this time. this will be my lot this winter i bet:rolleyes:

nice to see all the same. pity the kids are asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

It's fucking snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

premiercad wrote: »
    These two little lows are heading our way might increase shower potential later you can see one swirling out to our west here

http://www.sat24.com/?culture=en

that swirl out to the west of Norway is pretty gnarly looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,093 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Snowing-Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Stopped Westport Bout a quarter inch-ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Here in South East (Waterford/tipp border) bit high up, no sign of frost or precipitation of any kind :( No wind either. Nothing.

in in south tipp , notin happenin here either .......

Advertisement