Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday/Friday Snow Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

Snowing-Castlebar.
    I live 40 minutes east from castlebar hopefully the showers will reach me !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Stopped Westport Bout a quarter inch-ish.

You must be in another part of the Westport Metropolis than me youtookmyname - I have about 2mm of rain water here. :( I presume you're on the Castlebar side away from the sea. Fair play anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Quite possibly Snow Ghost,i drove to Louisberg and back(Castlebar) earlier and it was 3 degrees there,while at the "Halfway house"( if your familiar with it) it was 1 Degree and just East of Castlebar it was reading Zero. (And its coming up to 2355 so lets hear what Met Eireann are saying on Radio 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Quite possibly Snow Ghost,i drove to Louisberg and back(Castlebar) earlier and it was 3 degrees there,while at the "Halfway house"( if your familiar with it) it was 1 Degree and just East of Castlebar it was reading Zero.

Yeah, its amazing how warm the Atlantic is and the effect it has, even in a fairly close vicinity I have seen major differences when it comes to snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Well lads any snow in Mallow, Cork??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Had sleet in Galway city which froze onto the car, door locks were frozen too.
    Give me proper snow anyday over this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

anything changed for waterford area????????:confused:
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 NotSoSeriously

closeline wrote: »
    Well lads any snow in Mallow, Cork??

Look out your window and tell us what colour you see.

I'll do some analysis for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

IT'S SNOWING IN DONEGAL TOWN AT SEA LEVEL !! YEAHHHHHHHH

It really is hit and miss with the showers,a quick glance at the radar on Met.ie will let you know if theres Snow/showers in your area.

• Advertisement

Nice big shower too Irish 1967.

Yeah. Quite heavy. Big fluffy white flakes :). I'm on the pier in Donegal town so it's definately sea level :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

snow ghost wrote: »
    You must be in another part of the Westport Metropolis than me youtookmyname - I have about 2mm of rain water here. :( I presume you're on the Castlebar side away from the sea. Fair play anyway.

On the castlebar road.

What part are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

So jealous of all those of who are getting some snow... but enjoy it

very quiet here in Waterford , all we have had is light drizzle:(:(
    Temperature dropping ever soooo slowly,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

jo06555 wrote: »
    anything changed for waterford area????????:confused:
    ;)

Them Donegal people have stolen our snow ! :mad::mad::mad: it's all gimme gimme gimme up there.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Temp dropping nicely here, -0.7C, DP is -5C. Hard frost developing! :D

Now some of you people with snow blow really hard towards Dublin please! :D:D

Dan :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

bad frost in kildare ....car is telling me its -2 . :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Very mild here in S. Kerry and only seems to be dropping now.
    Currently about 3 degrees with no precip.
    I will gladly take heavy sleet/hail but even that looks doubtful atm.

Enjoy the snow to those who have it at the moment...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Snow showers forecast for waterford tonight. Planning a flight for tomorrow, weather was looking perfect now not so perfect.

EIWF LOCAL AREA FORECAST VALID 160100/161000 WIND 34005 TEMPO 0110 30015 VISIBILITY 9999 WEATHER TEMPO 0103 SHRASN SHGS CLOUD SCT020 TEMPO 0103 BKN010 BKN020CB CLOUD HEIGHTS GIVEN ABOVE MSL=

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

Drove back from Dublin airport this evening. Temp on car thermometer began dropping north of Drogheda. Was 4c in Lusk but -1 bypassing Dundalk. -3c at Ravensdale with precipitation resembling dandruff, ? graupel, ? snow.

Back home (it is -1c.) and I am trying so hard not to take it personally that all the clouds going over seem to be going out of their way to avoid my area..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

-1.5c in sligo town

was -1.8c wonder is that coz the snow is coming

thought wed get some last night but just icy roads

www.sat24.com has some interesting developments to the nw

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

well we have frost, hail, and its been snowing up the moutain for a little bit.
    Once again the road will be closed in the morning (No thats not a joke) They close it for 5mm:rolleyes:

webcam if anyones intrested.
    http://www.dotet.co.uk/index.php?type=webcam&id=4

click Bungalow Laxey Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

pauldry wrote: »
    www.sat24.com has some interesting developments to the nw

Excuse my ignorance, but what is that system moving into the NW, rain? hail/ snow? wind?

Was gonna ask the exact same thing Senna. Swirly wurly cloudy thingie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

heavy snow showers in castlebar place is white

you can see it on the radar

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

If only raintoday and met.ie were showing the same thing. Thought we were about to get plastered but met.ie had it missing me and it did.

this is what 5 o clock looks like

3hr-rain.gif

Just walked home (25min walk) started at sea level at home is 124ft asl. Snow that fell round midnight is slushy to start but only a few feet up its frozen hard to the ground. Roads and footpaths are like skating rinks. Grass is white. Car here has about 2-3cm of snow frozen to it.
    If that low to our NW is carrying any snow it will stick no problem now as ground is frozen. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Hi folks, no snow here yet but its a very hard frost tonight 3/4 inch of ice on the water barrels if the "swirley wurly cloudy thingy" :D dumps some white stuff it'll hang around for a while. I wouldnt mind but have got to go out early, roads might be interesting

Advertisement