Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Can't wait for the essence Circus collection!CC.png

Those nail polishes look so perty <3 Was working at taste of christmas at the weekend and they had an OPI stand! Such good stuff and cheaper then at the shops:D Got the mini pirates of the caribean collection and Devine Swine!! All for €22 was delighted.

that and my nails are long again, whoooooop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

^^^
    That collection looks nice.

My nails have turned very weak lately and I would like some advice on how to return them to a nice healthy state. My diet hasn't changed and I take Iron and Cod Liver oil tablets every morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

FYI anyone based in Dublin who's still after the Nails Inc polishes with Glamour, for some reason Tesco on upper Baggot St still has dozens of copies (at €2.84 a pop), all the shades are there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Audrey L, any idea when that collection goes on sale? Looks fab!

Audrey L, any idea when that collection goes on sale? Looks fab!

It said december! So very soon i'm guessing. I'm near a lot of regularly update stocklists so will pass on the info when its changed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

tonight's nails:

nails-8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just got China Glaze Fairy Dust on eBay - have been keeping an eye out for it, delighted to have finally gotten it :D Can't wait for it to arrive :D

China-Glaze-Fairy-Dust-Holographic-Top-Coat.jpg

Photo from Swatch and Learn

Angelica 'Best Friend', kind of a gloopy texture/not great finish but a nice topcoat sorts it right out. Really nice, cheap little barbie pink
    2011-11-29123751-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Got a copy of Glamour and Basil Street yesterday. It was a shop we never go into normally and the last one there so I was pretty pleased:)

Guys! If you love magnetic nail polish but can't afford nails inc madness have i got news!
    Unfortunately its not about the 17.... but about Essence! You know the way they had it for a while and then it was gone, well looking for circus circus today I found a veryyyy limited supply of the Metallics magnet range in O'Hara's pharmacy on Aungier st. Also if you have a student card use it:D

They're not selling the magnet but i hear regular ol kitchen magnets work! Can't wait to try mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

They're selling lovely glittery Revlon polishes and Sally Hansen colours and hardeners in Dealz. €1.49 each :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

My new stash finally arrived today

DSC04432.jpg

DSC04434.jpg

Zoya Mira and Zoya Hope

DSC04436.jpg

Zoya Kissy - such a lovely Christmassy glitter

and finally

DSC04438.jpg

OPI Divine Swine

DSC04500.jpg

Will be draging my little girls to the table later for swatches

So many polishes - so few nails !!:D

Oops sorry the pics are so large. Ill resize them smaller next time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

opi's bring on the bling over rally pretty pink

nails-9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

newwifey wrote: »
    My new stash finally arrived today

Zoya Mira and Zoya Hope

Zoya Kissy - such a lovely Christmassy glitter

and finally

OPI Divine Swine

Will be draging my little girls to the table later for swatches

So many polishes - so few nails !!:D

Where did you get the Zoya polishes newwifey? They're soooo pretty!!

I've been wearing Illamasqua Poke for the past few days, love it.

illamasqua_poke006.jpg

(photo from Temptalia)

Where did you get the Zoya polishes newwifey? They're soooo pretty!!

Got them from this crowd.
    http://www.mbeautylounge.com/nailpolish/16-zoya

Delivery took ages - I got the feeling they went out and bought them when they got an order! Also one of the polishes I ordered was out of stock and they substituted a poxy bottle of hand cream in its place. Ehh I don't think so. Ill be following them for a refund.

I spotted this girl on ebay last nite

http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-New-Zoya-Holiday-2011-Color-Kissy-A-Glittery-Blend-Pink-Red-Purple-/130612679664?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e691f53f0#shId

Buy in haste - repent in leisure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Has anyone tried the new Model Owns Beetle Juice collection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

IMG_6638.jpg

I ordered a few things from Butter London and this is the first one I tried. Really love it more than I thought I would! I think it goes well as a Christmassy green, too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Has anyone tried the new Model Owns Beetle Juice collection?

I ordered three bottles and they arrived today!! Will try them on later and will post a pic tomorrow. So excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

China Glaze Fairy Dust over Barry M Indigo. Love Fairy Dust. I think it would look nicer on one finger rather than all five though.

Two coats of Indigo and one coat of Fairy Dust.

ChinaGlazeBarryMIndigo4.jpg
    ChinaGlazeBarryMIndigo3.jpg
    ChinaGlazeBarryMIndigo2.jpg
    ChinaGlazeBarryMIndigo1.jpg

• Advertisement

^^^

That is so twinkly & beautiful PB, looks like a starry night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I have that too PB I love it! I've actually been looking for a nice dark blue for under it, might try that one it looks nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

China Glaze Fairy Dust over Barry M Indigo. Love Fairy Dust. I think it would look nicer on one finger rather than all five though.

Two coats of Indigo and one coat of Fairy Dust.

I love these two together i always do it for a simple quick sparkle. In lanzarote at the mo and snagged 7 polishes. One being essence pixie dust a magnetic gold. Thanks for the tip Audrey L otherwise I wouldn't have looked. Also spotted some of their stamping plates so I will hunt some down and see are any worth buyimg!

butter-london-rosie.jpg

Butter London's Rosie Lee is on my toes right now.. It's very pretty but it's sooo gritty!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I was jealous of everyone's glittery festive nails so I had to do my own. I should be studying!! But anyway, this is Essie Chinchilly with Urban Outfitters Afterhours. Super glittery with just one coat. Cost €8.

photo-6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Today I bought Barry M in Strawberry Icecream. I can't find any pics of it online that I think do it justice so when I paint my nails with it, I'll upload one.

Anyway, if you spend over 9 euro on Barry M in Boots, you get a really nice, glittery nail varnish free. That was my incentive for buying in the first place! I only went into Boots to pick up a prescription! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Novella wrote: »
    Today I bought Barry M in Strawberry Icecream. I can't find any pics of it online that I think do it justice so when I paint my nails with it, I'll upload one.

Anyway, if you spend over 9 euro on Barry M in Boots, you get a really nice, glittery nail varnish free. That was my incentive for buying in the first place! I only went into Boots to pick up a prescription! :pac:
    whats the glitter one like? i spotted it yesterday and now i really want it :D

467619191.jpg?Expires=1323373291&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=DB0HKFC7sTrDcl9f9swUPiPqQrMihj3clOxlWRE9nQ3y-RvafLPFjcWEWtQHRG-Vt8cmy%7EuKBUkuhfzL3z3TbWO7WmJa4cx5pNl5y4DD3EXtgX1BHUVGYHkYzjGcYsVuuGEq4HhsCP3gwz0EcfrAnLV4flWOLiCSxpUoMHvZdWU_

BL's Tart with a Heart (really should have been called Fairy Lights, they mixed those 2 up!). And this is my own pic for once! lol sorry its blurry. It's just as gritty as Rosie Lee. even with a top coat it feel a bit rough to me... but still gorgeous! (yeah I went a bit manic on Butter London polishes - never had any until now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

musical.x wrote: »
    whats the glitter one like? i spotted it yesterday and now i really want it :D

It's good! :) I painted my nails with Strawberry Icecream last night and used the glitter on one nail as an accent. It goes on nice and evenly, and there's lots of glitter. You wouldn't even need a colour under it, it does cover up your whole nail.

(I'm not a fan of Strawberry Icecream though! The pale pink is just too girlie for me so I took it off tonight. As with all glitter polishes, this one is hard to get off!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Novella wrote: »
    It's good! :) I painted my nails with Strawberry Icecream last night and used the glitter on one nail as an accent. It goes on nice and evenly, and there's lots of glitter. You wouldn't even need a colour under it, it does cover up your whole nail.

(I'm not a fan of Strawberry Icecream though! The pale pink is just too girlie for me so I took it off tonight. As with all glitter polishes, this one is hard to get off!)
    yeah i thought it would look great too but i heard the formula is a bit crap to say the least :p i love the ice cream purple one though! i hope they still sell it

Advertisement