Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

This is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was it expensive?
    Thank you :)

A friend picked it up in New York and it worked out around €14 euros, as far as I know, Estée Lauder polishes are €17-€30 to purchase here in Ireland (hence why I got mine in the USA!). This one is limited edition so I'd say it's closer to €30.

Debenhams and Brown Thomas all sell it, don't know about anywhere else in Ireland.

Harrods sell it but delivery to Ireland is £20 :eek:

http://www.harrods.com/product/estee-lauder/nail-lacquer-metallic-sage/000000000002576921?dept=az&cat1=b-estee-lauder&cat2=makeup&cat3=nail

http://www.harrods.com/content/shopping/delivery-returns-information/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Christmas day nails!

Topshop gold and Essence black. The Essence was rubbish! Chipped off really quickly.

photo-7.jpg

Twee. wrote: »
    Christmas day nails!

Topshop gold and Essence black. The Essence was rubbish! Chipped off really quickly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bass_bitch/photo-7.jpg
    Love the gold and black, looks lovely, never tried it before, may try it.

Also where is your ring from? It's gorgeous!

I went with all black for the day so thought the gold added colour, and wore some gold jewelery. The ring is from Forever 21 as far as I know, got it from a pal as a gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I went to B&Q today and picked up a toolbox to store all my polishes and manicure stuff. It's on wheels so it's pretty nifty :)

6596518659_2fbb86cc35.jpg

6596518193_47dab246df.jpg

Also, I'm wearing this today - Cocktail Bling by Essie.

Essie%2BCocktail%2BBling%2B1.JPG

Pic from the polishaholic.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Sallys on Drury St in Dublin has some half price China Glaze & OPI if anyone is looking, all their Christmas sets are half price & some bottles (mainly the Christmas Colours). Off course I didn't actually buy anything because the lady working there (The infamous 'have you got a trade card' lady) followed me down to the bottom of the shop & stood 2 ft away from me the whole time I was in there lest I fill my pockets & run clinking from the shop but it might be worth a goo if you were after any polishes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

I went to B&Q today and picked up a toolbox to store all my polishes and manicure stuff. It's on wheels so it's pretty nifty :)

I am SO impressed with how lovely and organised everything looks! My bathroom looks like an explosion of cosmetics, I think I need to copy your idea. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Sallys on Drury St in Dublin has some half price China Glaze & OPI if anyone is looking, all their Christmas sets are half price & some bottles (mainly the Christmas Colours). Off course I didn't actually buy anything because the lady working there (The infamous 'have you got a trade card' lady) followed me down to the bottom of the shop & stood 2 ft away from me the whole time I was in there lest I fill my pockets & run clinking from the shop but it might be worth a goo if you were after any polishes :)
    omg thats amazing! wish i lived there :(. the china glaze christmas sets are so nice but they are like 16€ on beautyemporium. bit too steep for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Got two varnishes from the new OPI/Nicki Minaj collection. Pink Friday and Metallic 4 Life (the pink one and the black one second from left). I love Nicki Minaj!
    ca510efb_302306_301922456501581_118289031531592_1260337_49751642_n.jpeg

nicki_minaj_opi.jpg

Also Essie's Jamaica me Crazy from the new Dive Bar collection:

essie.jpg

Also bought Sally Hansen's Salon Effects in Houndstooth:

sally-hansen_salon_effects_houndstooth_polish.png

Haven't used any of them yet as I still have Shellac on!

pics from google

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I am SO impressed with how lovely and organised everything looks! My bathroom looks like an explosion of cosmetics, I think I need to copy your idea. :)

Thank you! That box was €22 or €23 and fits everything including my UV lamp, pillow and finger baths. I've seen Biosculpture trolleys for over €100 plus delivery! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Picked up 2 China Glaze polishes reduced in Sally's

Chiristmas edition from the Let It Snow collection - Holly-Day (photo from the Polished Perfectionist blog). Lovely dark green (like Racing Green) with a nice glossy finish

ChinaGlazeHolly-Day2.jpg

Another green shade Cha Cha Cha (from the Summer collection Island Escape), photo from the Temptalia Blog. It looks bright with a golden shimmer.

chinaglaze_islandescapereview016.jpg

dudara wrote: »
    Picked up 2 China Glaze polishes reduced in Sally's

Chiristmas edition from the Let It Snow collection - Holly-Day (photo from the Polished Perfectionist blog). Lovely dark green (like Racing Green) with a nice glossy finish

love it! super jealous :D

christmas nails :) havent posted pictures here for a while :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

04 Cotton Candy
    Never been a fan of glitter, but love this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I've managed to collect more than a few polishes over the last month and got loads as christmas pressies too :) Pic heavy!

Need to get a bit creative though like the rest of you ladies and get into some nail art - just don't seem to have the patience althought there are some really pretty tutorials I came across here that might start me off ...

Wearing Inglot 112 today
    IMAG0799.jpg

Just ordered these 3 off amazon today ... (Photos from Scrangie.com)
    Amazon.JPG
    Zoya Kissy, Petra and Orly Fowl Play

Got these as a Christmas Present from my mum and aunt
    IMAG0790%252520%252528Large%252529.jpg
    IsaDora Holiday Gift Pack and Monsoon Neutral Nail Varnish Set

Think I posted 2 of these already ... a present from me to me :)
    IMAG0788%252520%252528Large%252529.jpg
    Nfu Oh 099, 565, 51 and 38

The Inglot were from mum as well and the others from another aunty :)
    IMAG0791%252520%252528Large%252529.jpg
    Inglot 650 and 112, Rimmel Ultra Violet, Show Off and Misty Jade, NYC Gramery Glitz

I bought the first 2 half price in a nail salon and the third was a pressie from himself
    IMAG0787%252520%252528Large%252529.jpg
    OPI - 20 Candles on My Cake, Ginger Bells, Meep Meep Meep

OPI Best of the Best collection on 10 minis
    IMAG0795.jpg

W7 Collection from TK Maxx - Not great but the colours are awesome :)
    IMAG0793.jpg

Putting on O.P.I The One That Got Away now. Such a pretty colour :)

opitheonethatgotaway.jpg

Photo from Nails By Catharina Blog

Counted my polishes tonight, I have 85 and I am eyeing up more on eBay :( I have a problem.

Received these in the post today from a very kind friend, thank you :)

Avon Nail Experts Lavender Cuticle Oil

prod_1115144.jpg

Avon nail wear pro - Coral Reef - beautiful colour, esp for the summer.

coralreef1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Orlee wrote: »
    I've managed to collect more than a few polishes over the last month and got loads as christmas pressies too :) Pic heavy!

Need to get a bit creative though like the rest of you ladies and get into some nail art - just don't seem to have the patience althought there are some really pretty tutorials I came across here that might start me off ...

Wearing Inglot 112 today

Just ordered these 3 off amazon today ... (Photos from Scrangie.com)

Zoya Kissy, Petra and Orly Fowl Play

Got these as a Christmas Present from my mum and aunt

IsaDora Holiday Gift Pack and Monsoon Neutral Nail Varnish Set

Think I posted 2 of these already ... a present from me to me :)

Nfu Oh 099, 565, 51 and 38

The Inglot were from mum as well and the others from another aunty :)

Inglot 650 and 112, Rimmel Ultra Violet, Show Off and Misty Jade, NYC Gramery Glitz

I bought the first 2 half price in a nail salon and the third was a pressie from himself

OPI - 20 Candles on My Cake, Ginger Bells, Meep Meep Meep

OPI Best of the Best collection on 10 minis

W7 Collection from TK Maxx - Not great but the colours are awesome :)

Such pretty colours!!! Where did you get the Nfu-ohs?

essence-choose-me1-copy.jpg

Essence - Choose Me

I think it looks like a mermaid :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

KourtIsReadyForAPedi.JPG

Wearing Nicole by OPI Kourt Is Red-y For Her Pedi from the Kardashian Kolors collection at the minute. I'm no fan of the Kardashians, but this collection actually has some really nice colours. Got this on ASOS.

Picture is from Blushing Noir blog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Audrey_L wrote: »
    Such pretty colours!!! Where did you get the Nfu-ohs?

Thanks Audrey_L -Got the NfuOh here http://www.asunailandbeauty.ie/
    The have a shop out in Swords but you can buy online too :)

Orlee wrote: »
    Thanks Audrey_L -Got the NfuOh here http://www.asunailandbeauty.ie/
    The have a shop out in Swords but you can buy online too :)
    Ohh fab will definitely be buying some of these! Never owned a Nfu-oh before :D

Wearing Nicole by OPI Kourt Is Red-y For Her Pedi from the Kardashian Kolors collection at the minute. I'm no fan of the Kardashians, but this collection actually has some really nice colours. Got this on ASOS.

Picture is from Blushing Noir blog.
    I love the Kardashian Kolors! Really want wear something spar kylie and Kendall on the Katwalk.

The red is lovely! Looks like a good formula :D

Picked up these today, finally found somewhere in Mullingar that has Catrice polishes.:D

Catrice - Marilyn And Me

IMG_8916.jpg

Essence - Choose Me (I had to get it after seeing Twee's post :P)

essence-choose-me2-copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I bought the nail varnishes from the essence circus collection I was not expecting much for the price but am so impressed I've the black and gold and the pink I have got loads of compliments on it

The photo doesn't do justice my stupid iPhone camera won't focus up close anymore it's driving me mad as I can't post pics any ore of my nails they are all blurry :(

62882d1a.jpg

I bought the nail varnishes from the essence circus collection I was not expecting much for the price but am so impressed I've the black and gold and the pink I have got loads of compliments on it

The photo doesn't do justice my stupid iPhone camera won't focus up close anymore it's driving me mad as I can't post pics any ore of my nails they are all blurry :(
    Ohhh where did you get them, have been looking all over for them!

Not sure if this is any help to you but Penneys and Dunnes Stores in Mullingar have the Essence Circus products in. They have been available here since around Xmas.

Not sure if this is any help to you but Penneys and Dunnes Stores in Mullingar have the Essence Circus products in. They have been available here since around Xmas.
    Aww no don't think ill be in Mullingar anytime soon. only found them in one place in Dublin so far and they were gone already.... I'll continue the search :) thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Hi Audrey L i got them in court pharmacy in kill. Mccabes in citywest in Dublin also sell essence but didnt have the polishes in the stands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Audrey L, they have the collection in Brady's on Dorset St, near Black Tie and also in the pharmacy beside Tesco Clearwater, in Finglas. (If that helps!)

I HAVE to have "Essence Choose Me" now, from your posts. It's only fabulous!

I am wearing today, China Glaze Senorita Bonita, with ELF mattifying top coat over it :) Can't get pics to work dammit

[IMG][/img]senoritabonita.jpg

Advertisement