Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

musical.x wrote: »
    yeah i thought it would look great too but i heard the formula is a bit crap to say the least :p i love the ice cream purple one though! i hope they still sell it

I have it too and I really don't like it! Love the other Barry M ones I have though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Nails Inc will give fans 50% off full price products if they receive 50,000 Likes on Facebook by Friday 23rd December so get clicking!

fb-50000-likes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I just did my friends gels for xmas and got festive.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/184714.JPG

My own thumb is in the pic. it's sally hansen jumping jade with essence choose me on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Went out to ASU Nail and Beauty in Swords during the week there and picked up a few Nfu Oh polishes :)

#51 #37 and two others that I can't remember

Love love love them!!! I'll post some pics later :)

Your Christmas nails are gorgeous stargirl.gra!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Bought this:

OPI - Big Red Apple

http://img.makeupalley.com/9/2/1/6/1710496.JPG

Bought another one as well but not 100% sure of the name.

• Advertisement

ASOS made a mistake on my last order and as a result I have a spare bottle of Barry M Peach Melba. If anyone wants it PM me. I'll post it to anywhere in Ireland.

Bought this:

OPI - Big Red Apple

http://img.makeupalley.com/9/2/1/6/1710496.JPG

Bought another one as well but not 100% sure of the name.

this is my all time fave red!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Novella wrote: »
    Today I bought Barry M in Strawberry Icecream. I can't find any pics of it online that I think do it justice so when I paint my nails with it, I'll upload one.

Anyway, if you spend over 9 euro on Barry M in Boots, you get a really nice, glittery nail varnish free. That was my incentive for buying in the first place! I only went into Boots to pick up a prescription! :pac:
    i ended up buying the ice cream purple and the red glitter so i could get the free silver glitter :D if it went out of stock i would have been kicking myself and your post made me want it all the more :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

butter-LONDON-All-Hail-McQueen.jpg

Butter London's All Hail the Queen. This isn't my pic, and on me it isn't as sparkly as in this picture, but it is overcast today so maybe that is why I don't see it so much! Also, this one is call All Hail the Queen but I sometimes see it is also called All Hail the McQueen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

This was the other polish I purchased.

OPI - Russian Navy

3779695549_2bd4bee4f7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I ordered the Models Own Beetlejuice collection from their website ages ago, and it finally came today! It took like five weeks to come (xmas rush I suppose), so just a warning to anyone thinking of ordering from there. It did come in a lovely box though! I ordered the box set, which meant I got a free top/base coat.

I've the five polishes on at the minute - Emerald Black is GORGEOUS! Really like Pinky Brown, Aqua Violet, and Golden Green too, but I'm not that gone on Purple Blue tbh. It looks amazing in the bottle, but it's not really that nice on.

I tried to take a pic of my hand with my webcam, but it couldn't pick up the colours properly, so I'm going to post a link to this review from Vampy Varnish. Loads of pretty pictures there! A few too many for me to post though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My first time experimenting with any kind of nail art so I kept it extremely simple! Used a black Sally Hansen nail art pen for it

e344b623.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Estée Lauder Nail Lacquer: Metallic Sage & Ultra Violet

EsteLauderNailPolishes11.jpg
    Taken outside without flash

EsteLauderNailPolishes10.jpg
    Taken inside with flash

EsteLauderNailPolishes9.jpg
    Taken outside in the dark with flash

EsteLauderNailPolishes6.jpg

Taken inside without flash

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Gosh Nail Glitter 10 Blue Sapphire.
    The picture doesn't do this stuff justice, it's fabulously sparkly. Very easy to use, I love it. Though at €6.99, it is a bit steep....
    m5fYjs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I cannot find Models Own Disco Mix anywhere. I am going insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Novella wrote: »
    I cannot find Models Own Disco Mix anywhere. I am going insane!
    I've actually never seen any of the Models Own glitter polishes in any of the stands in shops! They usually only ever have the same colours.

I looked on asos to see if they had Disco Mix and they do - Link. It comes with one of the nail art pens free. Asos are usually really quick with sending out make up too, I've got things in two days from them before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Got these done in USA Nails in tallaght this evening. Very happy with them!

38321510150467909456484.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I've actually never seen any of the Models Own glitter polishes in any of the stands in shops! They usually only ever have the same colours.

I looked on asos to see if they had Disco Mix and they do - Link. It comes with one of the nail art pens free. Asos are usually really quick with sending out make up too, I've got things in two days from them before!

Aw, thanks! I placed an Asos order 2 days ago and it was sold out then!

I've started doing Biosculpture nails - LOVE THEM! These are my own nails in No 19 Pillar box Red.

6518543505_b32e02fe8b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

butter+LONDON+-+Knees+Up.JPG
    BL's Knees Up! Oh my gosh this color is so awesome. It's my perfect red. And it's great for Christmas! I can't stop looking at my nails. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I've started doing Biosculpture nails - LOVE THEM! These are my own nails in No 19 Pillar box ]

What are bio sculpture nails? They look fab :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I got a Deborah Lippmann nail polish in my Glossy Box.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/lippmanncollection_2184_586812

I love it - the colour is a pinkish red and it is maybe the nicest glitter I have ever tried. I never tried any of her polishes before but I am a fan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Gosh Nail Glitter 10 Blue Sapphire.
    The picture doesn't do this stuff justice, it's fabulously sparkly. Very easy to use, I love it. Though at €6.99, it is a bit steep....

I think it is worth it though - I have stopped buying Catrice and Essence in favour of Gosh. The Gosh polishes last longer on me - several days longer.

What are bio sculpture nails? They look fab :)

They're gel nails that you cure under a UV lamp but they can removed by soaking in acetone unlike traditional gels. I find them much easier to use than EZ Flow or CND gels.

I'd said I'd try this for the hands as Sally HAnsen products seem to be the business. My badger balm is more of a night hand thing as it's very oily. This is fantastic especially for something to have in your handbag. I wear rings all the time and in lanzarote and because of my wrist issues the rings on my right hand started to itch as my hands and wrists are constantly swollen. As a result I had this big nasty red water mark under the rings all cracked and broken and itchy. Well I bought this stuff 2 nights ago and the mark (which I've had at least three weeks now) is fully healed. My hands feel normal and soft it's fab!!! €7 something in tesco!

374222_10151072499520565_553875564_22548924_708679933_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I adore that cream :p

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

I went a bit crazy in the states last week - I'm a sucker for tonal colours! :o

chinchilly.png&w=300&h=300 Chincilly
    fiesta.png&w=300&h=300 Feista
    plumberry.png&w=300&h=300 Plumberry
    geranium.png&w=300&h=300 Geranium
    in_stitches.png&w=300&h=300 In Stitches
    angora_cardi.png&w=300&h=300 Angora Cardi
    merino_cool.png&w=300&h=300 Merino Cool

What colours are those Essie polishes? I'm liking the pinks and orange-ish colour.

• Advertisement

Just got this Illamasqua Nail Varnish in "Poke" on ASOS for £6.50:D

Illamasqua Nail Varnish - £6.50

img5470s.jpg

Advertisement