Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 SGS2 Modding Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Improbable wrote: »
    Can't tell you exactly because I don't know which network you're on.

Hi, 3 Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 aidog

Hmm. Have you gone into task manager and killed anything with "kies" in the name before opening up odin? It's not enough to just exit out of the Kies program, you have to actually go and kill all the processes via task manager or else it may odin from accessing the phone. Make sure you end all the kies processes BEFORE opening up odin. If that doesn't work, post here again and we can try something else.

thanks for replying,i have killed all in task manager and still nothing,i even plugged my phone into the computer without odin open and it wouldnt recognize it,it says one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Ghandee wrote: »
    Hi, 3 Ireland

If you want, you can download the KI8 firmware from 3 with all the associated carrier branding etc HERE.

You can download the stock kernel to go with that version HERE. The password for the 2nd one is intratech@XDA

aidog wrote: »
    thanks for replying,i have killed all in task manager and still nothing,i even plugged my phone into the computer without odin open and it wouldnt recognize it,it says one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it:o

Is there another computer that you can try it with? If you can, then do it. If it still doesn't work, there may be an issue with the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Someone else answered the rest so I'll just answer this bit. Yes, they mean the internal memory. You don't need an external card to do it. Just copy it to the phone memory and then follow the instructions as you posted them earlier.

done all that and installed

Now stuck at boot screen ???? how can I get it back working again do I have to remove or re install a rom?

done all that and installed

Now stuck at boot screen ???? how can I get it back working again do I have to remove or re install a rom?

If the boot screen is looping, follow the instructions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1108499

• Advertisement

Rooted it back to Stock Rom and then used Back up to restore it back

Now on Litening as this is the last back up I did

Looking at other ROMS now so any good ones that are good on battery power

Rooted it back to Stock Rom and then used Back up to restore it back

Now on Litening as this is the last back up I did

Looking at other ROMS now so any good ones that are good on battery power

TBH, I don't think battery power is as much of a concern as most people seem to think. The standby/poweroff drain was supposedly fixed in the KI1 firmware. Just turn off wifi/gps when you're not using them. If you really want to conserve battery power, you can get an app called Juice Defender which can automatically manage a lot of different battery saving tools.

Thanks have Juice Defender so using that already

Just that Litening Rom is more than likely dead as a Rom there has been no update since August. May go back to Ultra Toxic Rom but Litening is pretty decent

Just wanted to try another Rom as Ultra still in a state of development

Thanks have Juice Defender so using that already

Just that Litening Rom is more than likely dead as a Rom there has been no update since August. May go back to Ultra Toxic Rom but Litening is pretty decent

Just wanted to try another Rom as Ultra still in a state of development

Try Rarity or Omega XT. If you're feeling more adventurous, have a go at Cyanogen.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Just want to throw in the suggestion of MIUI too. It has everything I need.

Is it normal to be on around 30% at about 4pm after unplugging at 8am with data on but no sync? My iPhone would usually be on around 60%, and I thought the SII had better battery life? :confused:

• Advertisement

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Just want to throw in the suggestion of MIUI too. It has everything I need.

Is it normal to be on around 30% at about 4pm after unplugging at 8am with data on but no sync? My iPhone would usually be on around 60%, and I thought the SII had better battery life? :confused:

Depends on what you're doing with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

running with CheckROM 3.1.1 and Siyah V2.1.1 and very impressed with battery life getting almost full day with heavy usage and rock stability with the kernel and ROM

best combo I have ever used

the Ice Cream Sandwich 1.5 Domination skin works also very nicely with this combo

183179.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Hi all,

I'm going be getting a Samsung galaxy s2 today which is locked to another network anyone know were I can get the phone unlocked or if it can be done by myself?
    I have to say after playing around with my mates phone the other day I'm really impressed with it hence why I'm getting one today both himself and his brother were self confessed apple fan boys till they got there hands on the galaxy as for myself it looks like Nokia wont be getting anymore custom of me unless they manage to make a handset like the galaxy.

how long does it take to say flash lightning rom 2.0??mine starts then got stuck for ages and didnt move so i took the bat out:confused:

would you believe i forgot and now i cant turn on my phone,balls:(

ok so im usin another laptop now and its started

i have FACTORYFS in the top box is this normal?seems to be doing better than my own laptop anyway..time will tell...im crapping myself:eek:

edit;....im stuck on the loading screen were it has the S

ok so im usin another laptop now and its started

i have FACTORYFS in the top box is this normal?seems to be doing better than my own laptop anyway..time will tell...im crapping myself:eek:

edit;....im stuck on the loading screen were it has the S

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1108499

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Hi all,

I'm going be getting a Samsung galaxy s2 today which is locked to another network anyone know were I can get the phone unlocked or if it can be done by myself?
    I have to say after playing around with my mates phone the other day I'm really impressed with it hence why I'm getting one today both himself and his brother were self confessed apple fan boys till they got there hands on the galaxy as for myself it looks like Nokia wont be getting anymore custom of me unless they manage to make a handset like the galaxy.

There are various apps on the Market once you have root. I used one called Galaxy S unlocker, just because it saves your EFS if you'll ever need it again.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1108499

thanks again for the reply,i have it working now..i cleared all data and installed litening rom 1.5 instead of 2.0 and it worked perfectly!happy camper now

love the blue theme and settings,i cant say i notice it being much faster but anyway..just looking for a kernel for overclocking now,any recomendations?

thanks again for the help,much appreciated:cool:

thanks again for the reply,i have it working now..i cleared all data and installed litening rom 1.5 instead of 2.0 and it worked perfectly!happy camper now

love the blue theme and settings,i cant say i notice it being much faster but anyway..just looking for a kernel for overclocking now,any recomendations?

thanks again for the help,much appreciated:cool:

Ultratoxic runs the same themes as Litening Rom as far as I know. It's also based on a Siyah kernel which allows cpu modifications. Install that rom HERE, and then download an app called SetCpu. You can get it for free if you're an XDA member so just sign up on their site and download it HERE. I would be careful with it though. Setting it too high can damage your phone if you're not careful.

• Advertisement

Ultratoxic runs the same themes as Litening Rom as far as I know. It's also based on a Siyah kernel which allows cpu modifications. Install that rom HERE, and then download an app called SetCpu. You can get it for free if you're an XDA member so just sign up on their site and download it HERE. I would be careful with it though. Setting it too high can damage your phone if you're not careful.

strange ive just been looking at ultrasoxic just now,i have gone back to 2.3.3 when i loaded the 1.5rom..so was looking at this one.

i know it says flash stock rom before doing the ultratoxic rom,but do i have to if i backed up?

strange ive just been looking at ultrasoxic just now,i have gone back to 2.3.3 when i loaded the 1.5rom..so was looking at this one.

i know it says flash stock rom before doing the ultratoxic rom,but do i have to if i backed up?

You should always follow the instructions from the ROM developer. There's a lot less hassle that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anyone know where I can get the Stock 2.3.4 ROM Base - XXKI1 Kernel - I9100XXKI4 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

draffodx wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get the Stock 2.3.4 ROM Base - XXKI1 Kernel - I9100XXKI4 ?

Hi draffodx.

Try looking on samfirmware.com

On phone now, but if your around later, I will try posting a link. (you will need to register on the site to download though.)

draffodx wrote: »

This should be what you're looking for:

http://www.multiupload.com/GQXU786O28

PDA:XWKI4
    PHONE: XXKI1
    Android 2.3.4

The XXKI4 Kernel is here:

http://www.multiupload.com/2FF735VQD5

The password for the kernel file is: intratech@XDA

Few questions

Have [ROM][2.3.6][XWKK5] UltraToxic Rom v8.0 - Lite'ning Themed installed with Siyah Kernal 2.2
      Phone keeps on rebooting regularly. I have seen on Xda that it maybe due to Dolphin Browser. Anyone else have this issue and did they remove Dolphin? what other good browsers are there?
      I want to do a back up with titanium. I Click on Batch and then Back up all user apps +system data of which there are 203. It starts and then the phone reboots so no back up done.I would like to have a back up so that If I do move to another Rom I can always revert back to this one. Re booted in recovery and fixed permissions and then rebooted. Tried to back up go to about 3% & phone rebooted again no back up done.Tried backing them up separately and the same thing happens when I go to backup all the system data of which there are 164. The Back up of the user apps went ok? If I do a full wipe this would clear all the crap from the ROM and I would have to flash it again but have not back up correct? Any other way to back up a Rom?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Few questions

Have [ROM][2.3.6][XWKK5] UltraToxic Rom v8.0 - Lite'ning Themed installed with Siyah Kernal 2.2
      Phone keeps on rebooting regularly. I have seen on Xda that it maybe due to Dolphin Browser. Anyone else have this issue and did they remove Dolphin? what other good browsers are there?
      I want to do a back up with titanium. I Click on Batch and then Back up all user apps +system data of which there are 203. It starts and then the phone reboots so no back up done.I would like to have a back up so that If I do move to another Rom I can always revert back to this one. Re booted in recovery and fixed permissions and then rebooted. Tried to back up go to about 3% & phone rebooted again no back up done.Tried backing them up separately and the same thing happens when I go to backup all the system data of which there are 164. The Back up of the user apps went ok? If I do a full wipe this would clear all the crap from the ROM and I would have to flash it again but have not back up correct? Any other way to back up a Rom?

Thanks

You can't back up the ROM with Titanium, what you want is to either back up the entire ROM -which you should do through the recovery menu, or back up your apps and their data (Titanium). I do not back up system data with Titanium, as it should be in the new ROM that is flashed. I also back up texts separately with 'SMS backup and restore' and my contacts are on Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

Gonna try one of the ICS alpha builds for a few hours.

Will a Nandroid backup let me restore my phone exactly as it is now? I'm on CyanogenMod 7.2.0 RC0 nightly.

All apps, settings, homescreens, etc restored?

Or will I have to use Titanium Backup also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

seanp_25 wrote: »
    Gonna try one of the ICS alpha builds for a few hours.

Will a Nandroid backup let me restore my phone exactly as it is now? I'm on CyanogenMod 7.2.0 RC0 nightly.

All apps, settings, homescreens, etc restored?

Or will I have to use Titanium Backup also?

It should do, but have never actually had to use it, so can't confirm

• Advertisement

Zagato wrote: »
    You can't back up the ROM with Titanium, what you want is to either back up the entire ROM -which you should do through the recovery menu, or back up your apps and their data (Titanium). I do not back up system data with Titanium, as it should be in the new ROM that is flashed. I also back up texts separately with 'SMS backup and restore' and my contacts are on Google.

Went into Recovery and then tried to back up and it said that it 'Can't mount backup path'

I have used Titanium to restore my phone back to litening rom previously so not sure why cannot do it now?

Advertisement