Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Threatens World War Three If Anyone Attacks Iran 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Freddie59 wrote: »
    ---

Ah, a Jew-hater I see.

In more than 600 posts to date, I have never criticised or disparaged Jews (or indeed any other ethnic group) in any way.:mad:

If you cannot counter my political arguments in a reasonable and logical way, do not try to silence me by flinging mud - especially that debased, worthless and utterly discredited kind. :cool:

I now put it up to you: Either substantiate your despicable claim or apologise (if you are man enough, which I doubt based on your posts) or forever hold your peace.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    In more than 600 posts to date, I have never criticised or disparaged Jews (or indeed any other ethnic group) in any way.:mad:

If you cannot counter my political arguments in a reasonable and logical way, do not try to silence me by flinging mud - especially that debased, worthless and utterly discredited kind. :cool:

I now put it up to you: Either substantiate your despicable claim or apologise (if you are man enough, which I doubt based on your posts) or forever hold your peace.:rolleyes:

Not a chance. This coming from somone who said:

the zionazi terror entity that calls itself Israel

Zionazis? Lovely.

And you look for an apology? In your dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Not a chance. This coming from somone who said:

the zionazi terror entity that calls itself Israel

Zionazis? Lovely.

And you look for an apology? In your dreams.
    anti-zionism ≠ anti-semitism.

But then that doesn't work in your simplistic, everything-is-either-black-or-white view of the world, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Won't happen,China doesn't want their fancy new aircraft carrier blown to bits by the USS Texas and her sister ships.
    What will probably happen is Israel blows the sh!t out of the reactor,silos and any other promising targets.
    Days/weeks later strait of Hormuz goes up in flames quite literally,Hesbollah launch offensive against Israel with open Iranian military backing,Israel busts out the white phosphurious and vicious war starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Travelling at light speed? How exactly? China are a good twenty years behind America in terms of technology and their power projection capabilities pale in comparison. Sure a land war in asia would be stupid and make the casualties of the Eastern Front look small. But that would be unnecessary. All China's major cities are beside the coast.

What you fear is their industrial capacity and their man power. When America entered WW2 they were not a superpower and now were near the power they became during the war.

Also they have 300 thermo nukes, They are snatching up ships, building bombers and they have an unlimited manpower, They are to be feared. No one will take them on and they are getting more and more aggressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Won't happen,China doesn't want their fancy new aircraft carrier blown to bits by the USS Texas and her sister ships.
    What will probably happen is Israel blows the sh!t out of the reactor,silos and any other promising targets.
    Days/weeks later strait of Hormuz goes up in flames quite literally,Hesbollah launch offensive against Israel with open Iranian military backing,Israel busts out the white phosphurious and vicious war starts.

think you might be a bit un informed geekness ,
    its far from a shiny new carrier - its a second hand russian ( soviet ) rust bucket they re fit and fecked that up , sea trails have shown up major issues
    everyone goes on about the might of china , well hate to break it toya boys but nato/usa alliance would kick their ass
    china has 1 carrier - nato and usa have 20+
    china has little or no long range air power - all short range
    only way china is going to protect iran is using nukes and in fairness they are not going to nuke their source of income
    the only other way the Chinese can protect iran is over land and they are not going to do that for a million obvious reasons

basically its some nutty general mouthing of as he was told to

other than nuke us all they can do **** all , and in that scenario no one wins - pointless

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

44leto wrote: »
    Also they have 300 thermo nukes, They are snatching up ships, building bombers and they have an unlimited manpower, They are to be feared. No one will take them on and they are getting more and more aggressive.

All pales in comparison to the US. The US has more aircraft carriers than the rest of the world combined. Them and Russia also have significantly more nukes. I'm skeptical that China will be able to reach the military strength of the US.

What you fear is their industrial capacity and their man power. When America entered WW2 they were not a superpower and now were near the power they became during the war.

Building bombers,haven't heard anything about that and they don't need them.
    But the more men you have the bigger your logistical problems are.Have you never heard:"Amatuers talk tactics,Veterens talk logistics?"
    They expanding outward from china,with the main interest being Taiwan.
    Once America exits Afghanistan and their economy recovers,they would be more than willing to take on China.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

NTDTV is a New York TV station, not a Chinese one. It is also founded by Falun Gong. So just a Sliiiight bias there. Second it is probably coming from media out of China which is for Chinese consumption.

If you have been to china (or any middle eastern country) you will see what is said on stations vs externally is very different. BBC World news is a bit of an eye opener in this regard.

That aside, China don't need to threaten war. There are much easier ways that don't require all out conflict.
    If the West decides to slap an embargo on Chinese goods then their economy could collapse.

Every electrical device in your house has a part that is traced back to China. If they go, everyone else will be going with them.

dj jarvis wrote: »
    think you might be a bit un informed geekness ,
    its far from a shiny new carrier - its a second hand russian ( soviet ) rust bucket they re fit and fecked that up , sea trails have shown up major issues
    everyone goes on about the might of china , well hate to break it toya boys but nato/usa alliance would kick their ass
    china has 1 carrier - nato and usa have 20+
    china has little or no long range air power - all short range
    only way china is going to protect iran is using nukes and in fairness they are not going to nuke their source of income
    the only other way the Chinese can protect iran is over land and they are not going to do that for a million obvious reasons

basically its some nutty general mouthing of as he was told to

other than nuke us all they can do **** all , and in that scenario no one wins - pointless

being sarcastic about the vayrag,they got that from Ukraine (not sure).
    Main naval defense weapons are DF-21ds which Iran would love to get their hands on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

mike65 wrote: »
    I think you'll find General Leopold Galtieri started that one with his invasion of the Falklands which was designed to unite the population against Britain rather than against his junta.

Obviously China is not going to blow up all its export markets.

Ah yeah, the ould war came in handy for the election though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

You have a few points alright, but bear in mind that China's "fancy new aircraft carrier" is actually an old Soviet-era bucket they bought from the Ukraine and did up a bit - for experimental and trial purposes with a view to, perhaps, designing and building a carrier fleet.:)

Just as the Japanese proved when they attacked Pearl Harbour and, three days later, sent two of Britain's most powerful battle cruisers unceremoniously to the bottom of the sea that the era of the "dreadnought" was over and that the name of the game in naval warfare was now carrier-based air power, I suspect that the Chinese now sense that a new era will soon dawn. That will be the era of missiles that can turn a multi-billion carrier into an incandescent cloud of vapour, and rumour has it that the Chinese have gone a hell of a long way towards perfecting such missiles. :cool:

They may still be playing around with developing carriers, and may even build a few, but that will only be hedging their bets and making provision for regional operations and, perhaps, limited police actions further afield.

As for the rest, I still suspect that the USA remains rational enough to prevent the zionazi terror entity from behaving too irrationally. It can also be only a matter of time before public opinion in the USA begins to question the wisdom of their country chaining so much of its future freedom of action to its blind support for the evil, racist abomination that the zionazi terror entity that calls itself Israel has become.:mad:

being sarcastic about the vayrag,they got that from Ukraine (not sure).
    Main naval defense weapons are DF-21ds which Iran would love to get their hands on.

correct it was ukraine - left behind after the ussr broke up

my point being they have big short rang capability - but very little long range other than nuke
    so they can shout all they want - they wont send the PLA anywhere to help Iran

sell weapons they might, but how will they get them to iran ?
    the nato / usa alliance would destroy them before they got NEAR Iranian hands

just look back to korea in the 50's , china waded in and they still fought each other to a stand still on the 38th parallel

if its going to kick off it will be israel doing what it done to Iraqis nuke power station in the late 70's early 80's
    bomb the sh!t out of it and see who comes at them

All pales in comparison to the US. The US has more aircraft carriers than the rest of the world combined. Them and Russia also have significantly more nukes. I'm skeptical that China will be able to reach the military strength of the US.

300 is more then enough and as for Aircraft carriers, they remind me of the main weapon of the inter worldwar years the Battleships, great for pageantry and minor flexing of muscles but they became useless at projecting power in the war and became more support vehicles. They were made defunct by advances in aircraft.

American carriers will become an expensive vulnerable weapon fighting any major power. Kind of like putting all your eggs in one basket. There are a lot of ways of destroying them. In a famous war game in the gulf, they lost 4 of them when the results were analysed. What destroyed them was suicide bombers.

Perhaps lessons were learned, but China are knocking out stealth bombers on a production line. Any war with them will be prolonged from their sheer industrial might and their numbers. No-one wants this to happen, there will be no winners.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=chins%20stealth%20bombers&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.environmentalgraffiti.com%2Fsciencetech%2Fchina-secret-fleet-stealth-fighters%2F18714&ei=blHaTtH2EYy4hAek9enZDw&usg=AFQjCNFPT_tpo1VZWU7QepDecy4aztLoOQ

dj jarvis wrote: »
    correct it was ukraine - left behind after the ussr broke up

my point being they have big short rang capability - but very little long range other than nuke
    so they can shout all they want - they wont send the PLA anywhere to help Iran

sell weapons they might, but how will they get them to iran ?
    the nato / usa alliance would destroy them before they got NEAR Iranian hands

just look back to korea in the 50's , china waded in and they still fought each other to a stand still on the 38th parallel

if its going to kick off it will be israel doing what it done to Iraqis nuke power station in the late 70's early 80's
    bomb the sh!t out of it and see who comes at them
    I said Iran would like to get their hands on them,not that it's set in stone or anything like that.Im fairly sure the Chinese want the DF-21D to be a solely chinese weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

:p I sure hope the CIA are reading this thread just in case there underestimating the chinese :p On another side portion issue will the chinese takeaways close if there motherland go to war :( Betya mcdonalds stay open :(

300 is more then enough and as for Aircraft carriers, they remind me of the main weapon of the inter worldwar years the Battleships, great for pageantry and minor flexing of muscles but they became useless at projecting power in the war and became more support vehicles. They were made defunct by advances in aircraft.

American carriers will become an expensive vulnerable weapon fighting any major power. Kind of like putting all your eggs in one basket. There are a lot of ways of destroying them. In a famous war game in the gulf, they lost 4 of them when the results were analysed. What destroyed them was suicide bombers.

Perhaps lessons were learned, but China are knocking out stealth bombers on a production line. Any war with them will be prolonged from their sheer industrial might and their numbers. No-one wants this to happen, there will be no winners.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=chins%20stealth%20bombers&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.environmentalgraffiti.com%2Fsciencetech%2Fchina-secret-fleet-stealth-fighters%2F18714&ei=blHaTtH2EYy4hAek9enZDw&usg=AFQjCNFPT_tpo1VZWU7QepDecy4aztLoOQ
    They have produced two J-20s.The link you provided shows a Chinese propaganda video,a MiG-1.42,SU-35 and a YF-23.
    In other words a waste of my time.
    You make valid points about carriers though,IMO.

anyway a lot of assumptions about the PLA and how it will fight and for who

legacy issues in China since the communist take over from the national government ( now Taiwan )

not everyone in China wants the ruling party to stay in power and that includes sections of the army
    it has been rumored that sections of the PLA would not fight against Taiwan
    because they are of the same stock - same peoples

heavy Chinese losses in any defense of iran could lead to a civilian up rising
    black and white it is not

They have produced two J-20s.The link you provided shows a Chinese propaganda video,a MiG-1.42,SU-35 and a YF-23.
    In other words a waste of my time.
    You make valid points about carriers though,IMO.

Apologies hear is one from the beeb about a public test flight of the new Chinese stealth bomber, an offensive weapon, not a defensive one.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=china%20test%20stealth%20fighter&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-asia-pacific-12159571&ei=01faTr_hOsuDhQf64pDgDg&usg=AFQjCNGBX48L63q6oT9HYHpMZuVaZrkzig

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=china%20test%20stealth%20fighter&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CB8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2011%2F01%2F12%2Fworld%2Fasia%2F12fighter.html&ei=01faTr_hOsuDhQf64pDgDg&usg=AFQjCNFTYlldToBtai5DvkRSO4groyWo5A

• Registered Users Posts: 24,012 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

realies wrote: »
    :p I sure hope the CIA are reading this thread just in case there underestimating the chinese :p On another side portion issue will the chinese takeaways close if there motherland go to war :( Betya mcdonalds stay open :(

What many people don't realise, is that every Chinese takeaway on the planet has a direct tunnel-link to Beijing in the cellar, out of which will emerge 50,000 Chinese troops at the drop of a coolie-hat.:eek:

• Advertisement

Apologies hear is one from the beeb about a public test flight of the new Chinese stealth bomber, an offensive weapon, not a defensive one.
    No link:confused::confused:

No link:confused::confused:

edited:(

That's a J-20.Supposed air dominance fighter but looks to big for that.
    Heavily copies F-22 design features.
    Not really a bomber,but IMO it is a long range strike fighter,designed to capture airspace above and around Taiwan as well as providing support to invading forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

And travelling at light speed catching up. Besides a NATO war with Chuna is unthinkable. Just hope it doesn't happen.

Very true , China for the last 20yrs have spend vast amount(second only to the US last year) upgrading its military. Give her another 20yrs China will be on parity with the US military. checkout this site www.sinodefenceforum.com

rob180 wrote: »
    Very true , China for the last 20yrs have spend vast amount(second only to the US last year) upgrading its military. Give her another 20yrs China will be on parity with the US military. checkout this site www.sinodefenceforum.com

True,but that's not like DARPA has grinded to a halt.so what you're saying is that despite high levels of investment in RnD by the U.S.,China will still overtake the U.S regardless of the technological gap by 2020.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Maybe someone can clear this up, but wasn't it Israel who came out a while ago stating that if it felt threatened of attack from Iran, that it would destroy the whole of Europe with the Jericho III warhead. Also and again I've a lack of knowledge in the area does it seem plausible that the US/UK is doing all this "peacekeeping" work to keep Israel happy and away from the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

At least there would be something worth watching on CNN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Sad that even if this happened, China would be held responsible for the war and not America.

What the hell is this supposed to mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Haven't the americans got nukes trained on every capital and large population centre in the world? Mutually Assured Destruction and all that?

• Advertisement

david75 wrote: »
    Haven't the americans got nukes trained on every capital and large population centre in the world? Mutually Assured Destruction and all that?
    No.
    M.A.D. is the idea that if you nuked a country with nuclear warheads then they'd nuke you back,causing an equal or greater amount of damage.This is why Nuclear warheads are some of the best peacekeeping weapons-as long as your the one with the warheads;).

Advertisement