Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Threatens World War Three If Anyone Attacks Iran 2011

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Despite the theocratic nature of the state and its execrable human rights record, its people are curious, friendly and hugely hospitable, its landscape encompasses lush forests, mountains, desert and bizarrely, some terrific skiing.

Its cultural and archaeological history is breathtaking, sites as impressive as Persepolis or the city of Esfahan are virtually tourist free and it is an incredibly inexpensive country in which to travel.
    Which has a habit of kidnapping western tourists,accusing them of spying and imprisioning them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Which has a habit of kidnapping western tourists,accusing them of spying and imprisioning them.

Shameful stuff indeed (which I made reference to above) and absolutely unrepresentative of how the general populace interacts with visitors to the country. I'd be pretty confident that the vast majority of visitors to Iran would concur with that sentiment.

It's a judgement call as to whether one is comfortable visiting any State which has a track record of human rights violations, whether that be upon foreign visitors and / or their own citizens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

dolanbaker wrote: »
    Cork24 wrote: »
    And if they Did, America will pull all their Companys out of China, and lets see how China deals with No American, European Company in China. After all it was Europe and America who pumped money into China.. They can just move their Company's to Twain

or even more to Vietnam.

Remember if China do up their Rates America wont Stand for it. neither will Europe
    Just look at the "Made in China" stickers around you and think again, as for those "US Companies" in China, they'll just nationalize them, Game Over.

That's fine in saying china will nationalise the company's America felt behind but the question is who would buy made in china when America is after going to made in Vietnam or Tawin ? It's one thing saying nationalising a company and another in getting other country's to buy and import your goods

Cork24 wrote: »
    That's fine in saying china will nationalise the company's America felt behind but the question is who would buy made in china when America is after going to made in Vietnam or Tawin ? It's one thing saying nationalising a company and another in getting other country's to buy and import your goods
    China is actively trying to create its own consumer base right now as well as building up trade with other third world countries, they could sell to just these states and not be severely affected in the event of a western boycott.

As it is the west is dependent on China for so much stuff these days it's unlikely that such a thing could ever happen considering that most of the eggs are in a Chinese basket!

As for getting the stuff made in another cheap far eastern country, well, for starters it takes a long time to start a business from scratch, secondly China possesses many of the raw materials (rare earths) required and it's unlikely that they would allow a neighbouring country "steal" their trade.

Far better to start manufacturing at home, even if it is more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Man....I am still waiting for the Mother of all battles that was promised to me back in 1991!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 saintNsinnerr

dj jarvis wrote: »
    china has little or no long range air power - all short range
    only way china is going to protect iran is using nukes and in fairness they are not going to nuke their source of income
    heard of ICBM`s?
    go join some defence forum...:pac::pac::pac::pac:

heard of ICBM`s?
    go join some defence forum...:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Re-read post.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

I've posted this link before in other threads concerning Iran because it shows how different life was (especially for women) before the Islamic revolution.

Life in Iran before the Islamic revolution.

The_Thing wrote: »
    I've posted this link before in other threads concerning Iran because it shows how different life was (especially for women) before the Islamic revolution.

Fair play to post this,f###### ridiculous if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Despite the theocratic nature of the state and its execrable human rights record, its people are curious, friendly and hugely hospitable, its landscape encompasses lush forests, mountains, desert and bizarrely, some terrific skiing.

Its cultural and archaeological history is breathtaking, sites as impressive as Persepolis or the city of Esfahan are virtually tourist free and it is an incredibly inexpensive country in which to travel.

Have you been to Iran? Would love to visit the place myself someday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Life under the Shah was no great shakes either though to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Hilarious, a few picture showing some modern looking (clearly wealthy) Iranians from when the country was ruled by a dictator.

My mind has changed... BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

And how dare Israel invade the Gaza strip when there were thousands of rockets A DAY being fired into Israel from there.

I think you mean about 3 per day between 2001-2009. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

mike65 wrote: »
    China is just looking after its interests (Iranian oil).
    Yep, they want their oil...
    Their oil, and their WOMEN! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Life under the Shah was no great shakes either though to be fair.

but you see torture and systematic corruption are tolerable, provided a country is amenable to western interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

but you see torture and systematic corruption are tolerable, provided a country is amenable to western interests.

Way of the world sadly :(. At least the Chinese don't pretend to be something they're not.

Advertisement