Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Threatens World War Three If Anyone Attacks Iran 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

El Weirdo wrote: »
    anti-zionism ≠ anti-semitism.

Only when it suits some.
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    But then that doesn't work in your simplistic, everything-is-either-black-or-white view of the world, does it?

Better than rose-tinted.;):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Maybe someone can clear this up, but wasn't it Israel who came out a while ago stating that if it felt threatened of attack from Iran, that it would destroy the whole of Europe with the Jericho III warhead.

Why would Israel feeling threatened by Iran lead to them launching a nuclear strike against Europe???? Even by conspiracy theory logic this makes no sense whatsoever. I just cannot see any political or military strategy that makes even the tiniest bit of sense in this scenario. Why would they not just attack Iran?

Even if this was the plan surely France and the UK would launch counter strikes against them? MAD and all that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

Why would Israel feeling threatened by Iran lead to them launching a nuclear strike against Europe???? Even by conspiracy theory logic this makes no sense whatsoever. I just cannot see any political or military strategy that makes even the tiniest bit of sense in this scenario. Why would they not just attack Iran?

Even if this was the plan surely France and the UK would launch counter strikes against them? MAD and all that?

my theory is that there going to have to take care of syria first before they can do anything about iran. they'll need a land corridoor from the med if they are going to take out the iranian regime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I stumbled across this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

paky wrote: »
    my theory is that there going to have to take care of syria first before they can do anything about iran. they'll need a land corridoor from the med if they are going to take out the iranian regime

Syria does not share a border with Iran. Look it up. :rolleyes:

And taking out the Iranian regime may not be nearly as simple as some idiots think.:) Any attack on Iran will immediatey be resisted by most of those Iranians who are, rightly, highly critical of many of the illiberal policies of the present regime, but who remain patriotic Iranians who will defend their ancient country against any attack by the USA or its main satyr in the region, the abominable racist gang of thugs who are in control of the artificial terror entity that calls itself Israel and occupies the land of Palestine.:mad:

• Advertisement

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Syria does not share a border with Iran. Look it up. :rolleyes:

i never said it did :rolleyes:

however syria is an ally of iran, and syria shares its coastline a long the med making any potential future war with iran/syria dangerous to the west. how do you think hezbollah and hamas get their weapons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

david75 wrote: »
    Haven't the americans got nukes trained on every capital and large population centre in the world? Mutually Assured Destruction and all that?

Even their own NATO allies? I don't think so...

i never said it did :rolleyes:

however syria is an ally of iran, and syria shares its coastline a long the med making any potential future war with iran/syria dangerous to the west. how do you think hezbollah and hamas get their weapons?

Look at the map. What country lie between Iran and Syria? That's right, Iraq! Iran would need to transport weapons through Iraq or Turkey, both of whom are now either in NATO or US dominated. Any cooperation between Iran and Syria during any war would be very limited. Also, I don't really see how the fact that Syria has a coastline alone the Med being of any threat to the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Principal Skinner

JJJJNR wrote: »

I stumbled across this.

I'm sorry but anyone with a slight political/historical knowledge should realize how propestorous this article is. What it's saying is that if Israel goes down they're taking the entire world with them. Never mind the fact that I do not belive Israel would sink to the level of wishing to destroy another country (which they easily could have done I they wished) but why would they attack Europe when many countries are their allies and waste valuable time, money and military force which they could be using to attack their invaders?

The article is also very poorly written and only found on one website which is Russian who aren't exactly fans of Israel anyway. Can I have a reputable source please?

Look at the map. What country lie between Iran and Syria? That's right, Iraq! Iran would need to transport weapons through Iraq or Turkey, both of whom are now either in NATO or US dominated.

get real, if iran wanted to transport weapons or a dirty bomb through iraq im sure it wouldnt have a problem. iraq still has plenty of insurgents that would be more than willing to provide a path between iran and syria. its naive to think that iraq 'is now in NATO' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

This thread needs moving to conspiracy theories forum.

First of all, China has neither the capability nor the desire to take on the US.

They'd lose militarily and ultimately economically.

Iran hasn't the capability either (annual military spend USD 9 billion) and as for the desire why would it's rulers choose certain death for them and the ending of their rule.

They aren't stupid.

And as for the fantastical "oooh, I can't wait!... Someones gonna get those nasty yanks" nonsense... it's not gonna happen lads but be careful what you wish for anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

the chinese ok in my book mate not a bad thing to say about them just tucking into 1 right now watching toy show again on sky plus box with wife and kids hehe

get real, if iran wanted to transport weapons or a dirty bomb through iraq im sure it wouldnt have a problem. iraq still has plenty of insurgents that would be more than willing to provide a path between iran and syria. its naive to think that iraq 'is now in NATO' :rolleyes:

I think it's naive to assume that the US & coalition forces in Iraq wouldn't be aware of the transportation of these illusive "dirty bombs" from Iran traveling through Iraq. Seriously, I think it would be one of the top priorities of US & Coalition forces in Iraq to keep track of insurgents' movements and their collusion with Iran.

Besides, Syria is nearly in a state of civil war. It would be foolish of them to start any military planning with Iran before they settle their own domestic problems. I could see the Syrian regime capitulating in the next couple of months, just like Libya, at which point they will come under greater Western influence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I think it's naive to assume that the US & coalition forces in Iraq wouldn't be aware of the transportation of these illusive "dirty bombs" from Iran traveling through Iraq. Seriously, I think it would be one of the top priorities of US & Coalition forces in Iraq to keep track of insurgents' movements and their collusion with Iran.

Besides, Syria is nearly in a state of civil war. It would be foolish of them to start any military planning with Iran before they settle their own domestic problems. I could see the Syrian regime capitulating in the next couple of months, just like Libya, at which point they will come under greater Western influence.

What Paky is saying is that the Shia in Iraq(the extreme element like Muqtada al-Sadr) are allegedly sending fighters to aid Assad's regime in Syria as Assad's regime is dominated by a Shia related sect. Coupled with Iran and Hezbollah in Lebanon who are all Shia allies, there is a viable land corridor to smuggle weapons about.

If the present Assad regimes falls and is replaced by a Sunni dominated one, say goodbye to that land corridor which in fact could help the Israelis.

As for tracking 'dirty bombs' about, the US struggled to counter Sadr's uprising which was supported from Iran via weapons supplies, I wouldn't have much confidence in the present Iraq regime to have the ability to stop any dirty bombs passing through.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Whatever about aircraft carriers, all the chinese need is one submarine to surface, let off a salvo of icbms with nuclear warheads, dive, and the show is over.

gurramok wrote: »
    What Paky is saying is that the Shia in Iraq(the extreme element like Muqtada al-Sadr) are allegedly sending fighters to aid Assad's regime in Syria as Assad's regime is dominated by a Shia related sect. Coupled with Iran and Hezbollah in Lebanon who are all Shia allies, there is a viable land corridor to smuggle weapons about.

If the present Assad regimes falls and is replaced by a Sunni dominated one, say goodbye to that land corridor which in fact could help the Israelis.

As for tracking 'dirty bombs' about, the US struggled to counter Sadr's uprising which was supported from Iran via weapons supplies, I wouldn't have much confidence in the present Iraq regime to have the ability to stop any dirty bombs passing through.

I think that if there was a war between Iran and NATO, Iran would be utterly cut off from Syria (even if Assad was still in power). If such a war were to come about, you'd invariable see a ten fold increase in the amount of troops in Iraq, as it would be used (along with Afghanistan) as staging post for an invasion of Iran. In such a scenario, it would be NATO's top priority to cut any land corridor between Iran and her potential allies, such as Syria, insurgents or no insurgents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

-_- oh me soo chineee ima start reearry big wawr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I think that if there was a war between Iran and NATO, Iran would be utterly cut off from Syria (even if Assad was still in power). If such a war were to come about, you'd invariable see a ten fold increase in the amount of troops in Iraq, as it would be used (along with Afghanistan) as staging post for an invasion of Iran. In such a scenario, it would be NATO's top priority to cut any land corridor between Iran and her potential allies, such as Syria, insurgents or no insurgents.

I see where you're coming from. Would Iraq's govt allow US troops\weaponry on its soil in such a scenario? Its 50\50 imho, as Iraq's export of oil is very important to them but they do have a powerful Shia power bloc who could kick up a storm about any 'aggression' against Iran.

Though I do reckon the Afghans would allow a US build-up on its border as religion plays a very important role in that part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I think they should put Lithium in China's water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

great we need an ol war to decrease the population there's to many people in the world now yes sir bring it on id love an ol war

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Considering how much Chinese money is being used by the US to keep its economy running, if the Chinese wanted to strike at the yanks they'd just start raising interest rates......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Osama Bin Elmo

China is good to do this. Someone need to fight America imperialism and restore middle east to people and not America companies trying to take oil. America no right to destroy Middle East for greedy oil imperialism.

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Considering how much Chinese money is being used by the US to keep its economy running, if the Chinese wanted to strike at the yanks they'd just start raising interest rates......
    Yes, I'm very much of the opinion that the Chinese are already in an economic war with the west and have successfully wooed western "entrepreneurs" into investing in Chinese businesses, then stealing their ideas followed by full scale reproduction of products following by undercutting and bankrupting the original western manufacturer.

Just look at all the "Made in China" stickers.

The next phase in this war will be to float the Chinese currency and replace the "petrodollar" with the "PetroYuan" then it's game over without a shot being fired!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

considering the EC ....and us, indirectly are borrowing so much from China, that'll hit us as well.

They - the chinese - will in time, I guarantee it.

look on the bright side, your grandkids will be running after cars full of chinese tourists, begging for sweets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Doom wrote: »
    Will they wipe out the knobs on fade street?

OMG like!
    Shut up that's awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Jazzzman wrote: »
    why are China bothered about Iran of all places?

It's a ****hole.

Oil, Plus Iran supply alot of Groups in the Middle East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Great bunch of lads, we are well in there.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1202/athlone.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

And if they Did, America will pull all their Companys out of China, and lets see how China deals with No American, European Company in China. After all it was Europe and America who pumped money into China.. They can just move their Company's to Twain

or even more to Vietnam.

Remember if China do up their Rates America wont Stand for it. neither will Europe

Cork24 wrote: »
    And if they Did, America will pull all their Companys out of China, and lets see how China deals with No American, European Company in China. After all it was Europe and America who pumped money into China.. They can just move their Company's to Twain

or even more to Vietnam.

Remember if China do up their Rates America wont Stand for it. neither will Europe
    Just look at the "Made in China" stickers around you and think again, as for those "US Companies" in China, they'll just nationalize them, Game Over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Jazzzman wrote: »
    why are China bothered about Iran of all places?

It's a ****hole.

Despite the theocratic nature of the state and its execrable human rights record, its people are curious, friendly and hugely hospitable, its landscape encompasses lush forests, mountains, desert and bizarrely, some terrific skiing.

Its cultural and archaeological history is breathtaking, sites as impressive as Persepolis or the city of Esfahan are virtually tourist free and it is an incredibly inexpensive country in which to travel.

Advertisement