Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Lads, can't find it now but on this thread or some other thread, there was mention of G-Technik or something like that. It's used to restore black plastic trim.

What's the correct name for it and where can I get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Lads, can't find it now but on this thread or some other thread, there was mention of G-Technik or something like that. It's used to restore black plastic trim.

What's the correct name for it and where can I get it?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75726417&postcount=11

cleancar.ie maybe, deffo cyc.co.uk

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/gtechniq-c4-permanent-trim-restorer/prod_851.html

There's a tutorial on youtube for application. I recall surface prep being important. They used a solvent iirc.

vectra wrote: »
    I Love when a vag is close to the ground :P

Jack Russell? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

A fallen tree that has a lot of rings in its trunk is never a good idea :p

To be fair the amount of them that fall flat on their ar$es after a night on the town around here dont have many rings :D
    E39MSport wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75726417&postcount=11

cyc.co.uk

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/gtechniq-c4-permanent-trim-restorer/prod_851.html

There's a tutorial on youtube for application. I recall surface prep being important. They used a solvent iirc.

cyc.co.uk ;)
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Jack Russell? :confused:

Bad back lad.. Can't get down that low LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

In response to this abuse :p:

Autoglym Leather Cleaner - Toothbrush - Autoglym Leather Cream - 10mins - Buff - Grand Job

183203.JPG
    183204.JPG
    183209.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Good man :D

I think you're right about the light. Dark areas look as though they're dirty. Nonetheless, they are cool looking seats and a LOT better than the tartan ones. I hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Jesus they are nice seats.

Nice job.... What the smeg is that in the background in pic 1?

vectra wrote: »
    Jesus they are nice seats.
    I like them. Heated too so a nice job on the frosty mornings! They have 'GTI' embossed on the headrests which you can't really see in the pictures.

That carpet would drive you nuts though. Need to get some OEM black mats for her.

E39MSport wrote: »
    Nice job.... What the smeg is that in the background in pic 1?
    Clue here ;)

• Advertisement

oh yeah :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

ARRGH!

Today I failed miserably at doing something to my car. Six hours of work and nothing to show for it. First I tried swapping the thermostat but got stuck on getting the jubilee clips off - no screw/bolt mechanism on them to take them off. I practised on the donor thermostat first, thank fcuk I did or I'd have a car without any coolant for tomorrow.

Second, I tried to change the steering wheel. Straightforward until i got to taking the steering hub boss nut off. Impossible, couldn't get enough leverage to undo the 24mm nut. Zipped the car back up and I'm back where I started, but at least I didn't cause any damage. Very frustrating day.

Hate that man - helps appreciate the good days even more though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Confab wrote: »
    ARRGH!

Today I failed miserably at doing something to my car. Six hours of work and nothing to show for it. First I tried swapping the thermostat but got stuck on getting the jubilee clips off - no screw/bolt mechanism on them to take them off. I practised on the donor thermostat first, thank fcuk I did or I'd have a car without any coolant for tomorrow.

Second, I tried to change the steering wheel. Straightforward until i got to taking the steering hub boss nut off. Impossible, couldn't get enough leverage to undo the 24mm nut. Zipped the car back up and I'm back where I started, but at least I didn't cause any damage. Very frustrating day.

Even if you had got the nut off, getting the steering wheel off the column can be even harder!

Even if you had got the nut off, getting the steering wheel off the column can be even harder!

For sure. I found the nut very easy on the LS but couldn't get the wheel off without the ST so gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I drove from Crusheen in Clare, to my house (About 55kms) on the red light, at half 2 in the morning. The red light came on before I stopped.

Great craic I must say, just shows how mighty the car can be if I drive it at 60 mpg and tip along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

yip the ol daysul's are great, happened in the uk once think id did about 40miles. the miles to go showed 0 for quite some time!!

Fitted one of these a few days ago:
    http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/111/241/AVIC-F3210BT/index.html

fitted the gps receiver on the top left of the windscreen and the microphone from the overhead dome lights, wires nicely hidden.

Defo saved a few bob by not going the rns510, bluetooth module and iPod module route! :)

Think I'm going to have to bring it to you to get it off so :D There's a safety issue with the passenger seat rail I need to get fixed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

I drove from Crusheen in Clare, to my house (About 55kms) on the red light, at half 2 in the morning. The red light came on before I stopped.

Great craic I must say, just shows how mighty the car can be if I drive it at 60 mpg and tip along.

I drove from Ardee to Omagh and back with the fuel light on in the skyline.
    200kms in a 3.5L v6:eek: After the top gear episode where Clarkson drove the Audi to Scotland and me saying how economical the skyline could be if you drove it a certain way...the lads bet me I couldn't it.....I won a free tank of petrol:)
    Confab wrote: »
    Think I'm going to have to bring it to you to get it off so :D There's a safety issue with the passenger seat rail I need to get fixed too.

Any time....after next thursday, cos I won't be in work till then.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Filled my van with petrol in the middle of Blanch retail park using a funnel and jerry can :pac:

• Advertisement

Any time....after next thursday, cos I won't be in work till then.:P

Good to know, thanks.

Who needs coilover adjusters when you've got 15 concrete blocks :D

378793_10151000194075176_805400175_22075113_698640871_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Jesus that's low.

As an aside, I hope you have those rubbing strip holes plugged!!

EPM wrote: »
    Jesus that's low.

As an aside, I hope you have those rubbing strip holes plugged!!

Jesus no! That'd make sense :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Gwan, give us a view of that from behind... see what it looks like

Gwan, give us a view of that from behind... see what it looks like

I took out the bricks so it now just looks like a normal, dirty, low white estate :L

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

Today I serviced my own car for the first time, 1999 opel astra, before work today, oil, oil filter, pollen filter, air filter, drained coolent, front brake pad discs in good nic!, new wipers front and rear, have rear break shoes just wondering how to get the actual drum off, took the screw off.... pulled hammered, hammer and screwdriver but no look.....:mad:

Thanks in advance:)

Rich11 wrote: »
    Today I serviced my own car for the first time, 1999 opel astra, before work today, oil, oil filter, pollen filter, air filter, drained coolent, front brake pad discs in good nic!, new wipers front and rear, have rear break shoes just wondering how to get the actual drum off, took the screw off.... pulled hammered, hammer and screwdriver but no look.....:mad:

Keep turning, keep hammering :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Rich11 wrote: »

Have you tried shouting at it?

I'm having an intermittent problem with my fathers E200, cars belonging to ourselves always get shoved out the door to make way for paying customers so it hasn't really been looked at. When it does start throwing it's tantrum I shout at it until it runs properly

• Advertisement

I put a LIDL dehumidifier in my car that Chris gave me, came out of work expecting my windows to be littered in water and no, dry as whistle. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement