Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

I heard a song on the radio today where there was a man and a woman singing and the lyrics were "Hey ya or Hey Yeah" but it was not the Outcast song.

Anyway the girl said "machine gun" during the song. It was one of those R and B dance song types. I know it's vague but if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 diamond83

<snip>

Maybe you'd be better off starting a thread for your survery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Was looking back over the sarah and steve videos on youtube and can't get the intro song out of my head what's it called?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Anyome know the background song to RTEs tv commercial at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

This will probably be impossible:p

But im looking for an ident. It appeared on a DVD of Father Ted a few years back.

I call it the search light. cause its a load of light behind a wall of writing.
    I cant remember if its for sound or picture. but its in conjunction with channel 4

The dvd was a single from a newspaper. i pulled it up on youtube once before but no sign now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Ok, I need someone to tell me what the name of this song is. It's driving me fucking mental. If you click this link and click on "play" and fast-forward to about 25mins 15secs and it's the song playing in the background.

As an aside, even if you don't know what the song is, maybe you might click on the link, listen to the rest of the story and then be intrigued enough to subscribe to what is possibly the greatest podcast in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Ok, I need someone to tell me what the name of this song is. It's driving me fucking mental. If you click this link and click on "play" and fast-forward to about 12mins 15secs and it's the song playing in the background.

As an aside, even if you don't know what the song is, maybe you might click on the link, listen to the rest of the story and then be intrigued enough to subscribe to what is possibly the greatest podcast in the world.

Namaste, by Beastie Boys!

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    No that's not it. Although, I think they use that a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

Anyone recognise this piece of classical music? It gets a bit computer gamey in the middle, but the first 20 seconds or so are pretty epic, it sounds like a proper orchestral piece.

ANYBODY RECOGNISE IT?!?! PLEASSSSSSSSSSE TELL ME!!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭freesia1

The piece is the theme to (Pirates of the carribean) by Hans Zimmer.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

freesia1 wrote: »
    The piece is the theme to (Pirates of the carribean) by Hans Zimmer.:)

Hmmmm I just checked it on youtube, it sounds very similar!! But it's not the song. Check the first 10 seconds of this and compare it with my one.

You were close though! Good ear!

Broads.ie wrote: »
    Anyone recognise this piece of classical music? It gets a bit computer gamey in the middle, but the first 20 seconds or so are pretty epic, it sounds like a proper orchestral piece.

ANYBODY RECOGNISE IT?!?! PLEASSSSSSSSSSE TELL ME!!

Thanks.

Check out 0:27:
    Royalty Free Music: Rhapsody

Whatever it is, you'll probably find it here.

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Apologies, you were right considering the incorrect information I gave in my post!

I meant to type 25mins 15secs.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

What is the name of the song in this video, and who is performing it?
    Thanks to anybody who can tell me.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Great video,fab song,don't know what it is but no doubt someone on here will very soon,really miss the snow :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Worztron

Can somone tell me the name of the song in the background here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obh_q1f3C3Y

Thanks in advance.

Update: Got it. Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (1967)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Macken200

Have this song on an old blank cassette that's on it's last legs,I've tried the lyrics sites with no joy and going by the words in the song , title,'Sunday morning' on google to find who sang it.I'd say the era is early nineties or maybe earlier and more than likely an Irish or English band.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What is the name of the song in this video, and who is performing it?
    Thanks to anybody who can tell me.:)

The tune is 'Ar Éirinn, ní neosainn cé hí' - that might help.
    Mary Black did a version years ago, but that's not it.

I think it might be Maria McCool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Macken200

Found it on ytube... a band called The Fuze from Galway released 1981 'Its a Sunday Morning' is the name of the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

spurious wrote: »
    The tune is 'Ar Éirinn, ní neosainn cé hí' - that might help.
    Mary Black did a version years ago, but that's not it.

I think it might be Maria McCool.

Yes that's definitely the right singer and song. Thanks a million Spurious!:)
    I only heard it for the first time here on boards in the snow thread, and I absolutely love it. Thanks again! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

I heard a song on the radio today where there was a man and a woman singing and the lyrics were "Hey ya or Hey Yeah" but it was not the Outcast song.

Anyway the girl said "machine gun" during the song. It was one of those R and B dance song types. I know it's vague but if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

I found it. It was Laurent Wery feat. Swift K.I.D & Dev - Hey Hey Hey (Pop Another Bottle)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Anyone know what this song is.
    My shazam cant pick it up. :(

Is there an original song to this? Listen at about 1m30s into it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5UgHT-0KfQ

Did Coldplay copy this tune for their song 'Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall (2011)'?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kf_6BWcOOg

BTW, that music is from an episodes of Tales from the Crypt "The Trap (1991)".

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Worztron wrote: »
    Is there an original song to this? Listen at about 1m30s into it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5UgHT-0KfQ

Did Coldplay copy this tune for their song 'Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall (2011)'?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kf_6BWcOOg

BTW, that music is from an episodes of Tales from the Crypt "The Trap (1991)".

Rud wrote: »

Nice one!

Did Coldplay steal their tune or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ole112

hey just wondering did anyone watch Imeal on tg4 last night (4/12/11)

Who was the group at the end?? a dublin rapper with 2 guys on guitars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

there is a song that i keep hearing and no one knows what the name of it is!

is annoying me to bits at this stage

its a dance song and the only lyrics i can remember are

"sometimes i feel ill never never know..."
    "oooohhhhhh sometimes i feel the beat"

sorry its not much to go on! a woman sings it though! im pretty sure its a recent release though

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

there is a song that i keep hearing and no one knows what the name of it is!

is annoying me to bits at this stage

its a dance song and the only lyrics i can remember are

"sometimes i feel ill never never know..."
    "oooohhhhhh sometimes i feel the beat"

sorry its not much to go on! a woman sings it though! im pretty sure its a recent release though

This perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

One for the over 40's here but does anyone remember a tune by an Irish synth pop duo in the mid 80's the video was played on MTUSA all the time, it had a guy dressed as Marcel Marceau with some crappy chroma key/blue screen effects, its killing me trying to remember!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Chefburns wrote: »

you absolute legend! This is it exactly!

Thanks dude!! :D

Advertisement