Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Anyone know the name of the song at the start of this trailer for The Guard?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the song at the start of this trailer for The Guard?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

vix wrote: »
    Hi! I was wondering if anyone can help me? I was in a pub earlier and a song was on that I liked. I tried to write down as many of the lyrics as I could and google them but I'm not getting anywhere with that. I'm pretty sure that it was used as the intro music for The Last Splash on Today FM. I suspect that this is far too vague but I though I'd chance my arm and ask.

Could this be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vix

irish-stew wrote: »
    It's not, unfortunately. The last lines were definitely "been a long time coming". Thanks for looking though. I think I give up! I was sure that it was used as a radio intro but maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

teednab-el wrote: »
    Ok this is a long shot and more than likely nobody will know it but Il ask anyway. I keep hearing this song every day I go to the gym. It's a female artist who has a very high pitch voice but the music in the background accompanying the lyrics is dance. It's a song that you would gym or dance to.

The lyrics go something like "I should be great " I should be great" " Il suffer on". (May not be correct). There is a delay before the final chorus is sung by this artist and each chorus is greeted by the sound of a bass guitar/electric guitar which lasts for a second. The artist here sounds similiar to the lead singer of Evanscence or the lead singer of Within Tempetation. Similiar sounding but I cannot find the artist for this particular song. That's the best I can do, hopefully somebody gets it.

Found song its called nemo by nightwish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Exceptionally vague, but there was a piece of music used at the very end of tonight's Ross Kemp on Gangs in Belize, I was wondering if anybody caught it. Likely a stock track, it reminded me a little of the theme to Cold Case - dramatic build, with big dramatic drums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

There's a tune played at 29:30 in ep.6 of Fresh Meat (shown on Wednesday, available on 4od) ... Anyone know it? Long shot I know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Theres a song out at the min with battlefield in the lyrics.
    Anyone know it?
    a pop song

Anyone know it?
    a pop song

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Anyone know it?
    a pop song

this perhaps?

• Advertisement

No - not that one...
    Its a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 24 brianki

Guys I am well aware that this is going to sound ludicrous but a few years ago I heard a dance song remix on 2fm's weekend nights dance music shows and it has plagued me ever since that I can not find it and I didn't manage to catch the name or the date and time of the song which was fairly stupid of me.

Anyway the song as I said was a dance song and the only lyrics or recognisable thing that I can remember from it was a part of the chorus where the separate letters U N D E R G R U N D were sang by the female vocals (i think they were female anyway). Note that the word that is spelled is undergrund and not underground, this was to fit into the beat of the song and not just a typo on my behalf.

What is really strange is that I listen to lots of dance music and I have never heard this part being remixed into another song but maybe someone of you have heard this and can tell me what it is.

Hopefully this might just jog someone memory and they will e ale to put this frustrating part of my life behind me :p.

Cheers guys
    brianki

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Worztron

I remember this amazing music video. A boy is watching TV. The camera is looking from the TV point of view. All weird things start happening in the background. It must have been made in the 1980s.
    Can someone tell me the name of the song? Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Worztron wrote: »
    I remember this amazing music video. A boy is watching TV. The camera is looking from the TV point of view. All weird things start happening in the background. It must have been made in the 1980s.

Could be Queen's "Invisible Man" from around 1989?

It's probably up on YouTube (sorry I can't post a link from my current location).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,481 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very tenuous link to the TV forum.
    I'm going to move this to the music forum for merging with the "Name that tune" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,397 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Were you thinking of 'Hey Matthew' by Karel Fialka?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0LvdAuK9tA

If not, still a great song!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,397 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I heard this off the wall dance tune on Irish radio a couple of weeks ago, it went something like "Irish Mothers, Septembers here again, Shout for freedom" in a vocoder voice. Any takers?

That was from an item on Ryan Tubridy's show, a mother called in to talk about an app she'd found called Songify where you can turn your speech into a song with 'vocoder' vocals. She was 'singing' about the joy of her kids going back to school.

You could try Ryan's podcasts, but it was a few months ago now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Seriously wrecking my head this one, hour googling can't turn it up.

Music video yesterday on TG4, astronaut flying in a space shuttle type thing over what looked like Mars, dude has a beard, music is electronica/rock. Great song so any help would be appreciated before I go mad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

You know the scene in Pink Floyds The Wall where the young pink is watching TV in the desert and there a war happening around him,Is that it?

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Seriously wrecking my head this one, hour googling can't turn it up.

Music video yesterday on TG4, astronaut flying in a space shuttle type thing over what looked like Mars, dude has a beard, music is electronica/rock. Great song so any help would be appreciated before I go mad :)

Managed to track it down so ignore!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Managed to track it down so ignore!

Don't keep us in suspense?!? :D

Other Lives: For 12 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭decskelligs

D.anthony check out the link below for the fresh meat tracklisting

http://www.freshmeatmusic.co.uk/php/series1/episode6.php

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Anyone know the backing tracks at 0:21 , 1:45 and 4:02?

Cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

D.anthony check out the link below for the fresh meat tracklisting

http://www.freshmeatmusic.co.uk/php/series1/episode6.php

Yeah, tried that... It ain't listed there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

David086 wrote: »
    Anyone know the backing tracks at 0:21 , 1:45 and 4:02?

Cheers :D

No cool video though...think md deserves a chance..lets see what he can do..I would be interested to find out the music ...melodic guitar instrumentals? British sea power,doves someone like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

one I'm trying to find, I think this is pretty much the lyrics of the chorus:

Maybe they got it all wrong
    But won't take time to find out
    That what they heard all along
    Is a rumour
    Mayyyyy-be, it's a ruuuu-mour
    Mayyyyy-be, it's a ruuuu-mour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Hi! I was wondering if anyone can help me? I was in a pub earlier and a song was on that I liked. I tried to write down as many of the lyrics as I could and google them but I'm not getting anywhere with that. I'm pretty sure that it was used as the intro music for The Last Splash on Today FM. I suspect that this is far too vague but I though I'd chance my arm and ask.
    "How can you go home? " was one of the few sentences I heard. I should have said undecipherable random words that I could hear really in my post...
    You have the patience of a saint! :D
    The only other vaguely coherent sentence that I have is "been a long time coming" (repeated two or three times, I think) at the end of the song. That's pretty much all I have to go on.
    Genre- indie/rock and it was fast. There were two kind of beeping sounds at the start. I apologise now- I'm probably wrecking your head (and everybody elses). Unfortunately everybody around suddenly started talking loudly when I was trying to listen to the words to write them down.
    No unfortunately. I've really been racking my brains to think of who it is and who they sound like. I'm going to check again through the Breeders songs on youtube and see. They had an album called "The Last Splash" amd it'll turn out that it was them all along, knowing my luck.
    It's not, unfortunately. The last lines were definitely "been a long time coming". Thanks for looking though. I think I give up! I was sure that it was used as a radio intro but maybe I'm wrong.

Long Time Coming by Delays. One of my favourite songs. The lyrics are also "How can you grow old?" not "How can you go home?".

You're welcome ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Can anyone help me, Im looking for a video link with Duke Special and this strange looking man who has a sort of stick that has cymbols attached to it and as he hits the floor it plays...

Cant for life of me remember the song, I think it was on Other voices but the link is gone..

Thanks

Advertisement