Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst TV show ever?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The Flintstones.

Rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

RichieC wrote: »
    I was going to post "ib4 someone says the office" absolutely outragious..its a fantastic show

BTW I think The Office was brilliant! It was just RTE trying to copy it and falling flat on their face!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Davestator

BIG BROTHER.

As a comedian once said. 'a load of people sitting around watching a load of people sitting around'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

X Factor by a mile. Chewing gum for the eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

GTFO!!

Have to agree with that. I hate the UK Office mainly because of Ricky Gervais being in it, but the US is much better to watch.

Madness its one of best shows of the last 10 years. The USA one has its moments but like every show in America they milk it for everything its worth then run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Mrs. Brown's Boys. Broken glass and shite rubbed in the eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭JohnnyTodd

Republic of telly. Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Fair City is fairly shi*y

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I haven't seen every program ever made, so I can't answer this one definitively. I've never sat down and watched one of those reality or talent shows, for example, though I have seen bits at times.

One thing that really annoys me is when shows are obviously "constructed" to appeal to certain demographics. I know that's almost always how they're made, but good shows are more than the sum of their parts. I don't want to see the seams stretching as I watch. There was a new sitcom called "Accidentally On Purpose" (with Jenna Elfman) that was so jerry-rigged that I didn't make it past the ad break in the first episode.

Another was the recent "Terra Nova", which displayed its right-wing "family values" USA politics so blatantly that I was almost gagging - and that was before the cardboard characters, schmaltzy relationships, and cheap CGI. Example: it opens 40 years in the future, with the dystopian USA beset by hyper-inflation, but guess whose picture is on the worthless currency? Hint: he was the first black President. At least you can tell it wasn't made by "Hollywood Liberals". :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

seanybiker wrote: »
    Blackadder, Jesus its brutal.

there is something very very wrong with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

I think perhaps it would be easier to list the programmes I do enjoy as 90% of whats on TV these days is utter muck!

Any Reality tv is shíte.
    Singing & Dancing tv shows = for women and ****e.
    Most cooking shows like come dine with me = ****e.
    Any fashion shows = ****e

The stand out programme for me in the last couple of months has to be
    David Attenborough's Frozen Planet, absolutely brilliant.

I like some of the discovery's programming but a lot of it has gone down hill in recent years like Bear Grills, fúck off your a poor man's Ray Mears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

The news.

depressing shíte

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Terra Nova

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Tristram wrote: »
    Terra Nova

The dinosaurs in Jurassic Park are better. Yes 1993, thats almost 19 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

No thanks Jerry.

The Roaring Twenties, anyone?

/end thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭massiveattack

Why do people feel the need to employ mairead farrell in the media as if it was some sort of IMF obligation to keep her in a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

The Late Late Toy Show when Pat Kenny used to do it, that man has kids of his own yet you would think he never saw a kid before let alone ever spoke to one!

Why do people feel the need to employ mairead farrell in the media as if it was some sort of IMF obligation to keep her in a job?

And craig doyle for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

The Late Late Toy Show when Pat Kenny used to do it, that man has kids of his own yet you would think he never saw a kid before let alone ever spoke to one!

My mate said that pat kenny once asked samantha mumba "did she feel irish" but i cant find any reference to it anywhere so im guessing its not true?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Jersey shore

I HATE IT

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

The Late Late Show. ( Tubridy):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The Late Late Show. ( Kenny.):mad::mad::mad::mad:

Give it up RTE. This ol' horse is flogged to death!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Emerdale.

The second I hear the first few notes of the opening theme I die a little

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

X factor gets the vote for me. Mainly cos you hear about it so much if you don't follow it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Those Titanic documentaries... they're just so predictable!

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Mythbusters. So frecking boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

It's because they have covered every demographic .
    They've a geek in a wheelchair for gods sake ?
    If u don't love it your a racist / homophobe / nazi ... Lol

But it has....like....no intelligence, at all. Lets say Friends for example- I always thought it was very overrated, but it gives the odd chuckle and if people love it, fair enough. Same for Two and a Half Men- I like my comedy a bit more sharp and witty but if people like it, whatever. But Glee has awful acting, stock characters, mimed cheesy singing....all in all its a miracle it gets one good review let alone a ton of awards.

Having said all that I only ever watched one episode, and Lea Michele dressed in the Britney Spears uniform.....fap-tastic

Ohh don't get me wrong
    I hate it too .
    Sure the geek in the wheelchair can really walk !!!!!!!

smash wrote: »
    Those Titanic documentaries... they're just so predictable!

:P

FFS I sky plus,ed that !
    Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

seanybiker wrote: »
    The office is a pile of shyte. American office is ok though.

Hollyoaks
    Podge and rodge
    I used to be a celebrity get me back on tv.
    Top gear, used to love it but can't watch it anymore. Same shyte jokes and clarkson and Hammond are extremely annoying.
    Blackadder, Jesus its brutal.
    Augwiederswen pet or whatever ya called it was a load of cack aswell.

:eek: say what?

• Advertisement

You can't steal land from children !

Advertisement