Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst TV show ever?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Francis Brennan's Grand Tour has got to be up there with the worst of em.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    All tv apart from the news and current affairs.

you're house must be so much fun in the evenings
    Talent shows, Married with children and Glee...

NO! just NO!

i'll weigh in with fade street, not only should they ban it they should sterilise the cast in case they ever figure out how to reproduce

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Prisoner cell block H !
    A programme about a women's prison .
    Not the kind us get in a brown paper bag on DVD either :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Prisoner cell block H !
    A programme about a women's prison .
    Not the kind us get in a brown paper bag on DVD either :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Brendog wrote: »
    Emerdale.

The second I hear the first few notes of the opening theme I die a little

Is that the programme about the Irish girl who makes it big in Yorkshire and has a village named after her?:confused:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

So much too choose from but i'll pop for anything on MTV

totally agree -didnt it used to be a music channel? wtf like!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I'll second the person who said "anything on MTV". They produce the most god awful utter **** anywhere on tv such as:

I'm 16, pregnant and obese
    I am a teenage father, who is a dick
    Spoiled brats who want big parties, and are dicks
    Italian Americans from Jersey get pissed, fight and have intercourse
    I'm 16, Italian American, pregnant and obese

Any whoever said "The Office" and "Blackadder"...shame on you, shame on you. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,970 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Noopti wrote: »
    I'll second the person who said "anything on MTV". They produce the most god awful utter **** anywhere on tv such as:
    I still don't know what the hell happened to MTV. The "M" used to stand for Music, and they basically invented Music Television. They fostered the whole idea of the music video as an art form, but I guess that doesn't seem to pay any more ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Two and a Half Men

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Talent shows, Married with children and Glee...

Oh dear...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

The daily show and Midday.

Listening to idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Loose Geebags.......oh my lord :rolleyes:

Old women sitting around talking about the menopause and their failed relationships!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Does anyone else find it sad that so many 'worst TV shows ever' have been made in the last couple of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Reality TV. Wtf is real about it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

John Doe1 wrote: »
    A few of the top of my head:
    Deal or no deal

Songs of praise

X-factor

I'm a celebrity

Deal or No Deal is good, especially towards the end when the contestant is about to open their box to reveal whether they've won £250,000 or a penny. Sometimes the tension is unbearable. I like watching it on channel 46 - Challenge - which is a gameshow channel which has the old British gameshows from yesteryear, such as Bullseye, Catchphrase and BlockBusters. Deal or No Deal started on Challenge a few weeks ago and it started from the very first episode of the show, from 2005 (the first ever contestant was a fellow Boltonian).

Songs of Praise is good, too. I like singing along to some of the sings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

anything with paddy o gorman in it is utter drivel. the apprentice is not much better, a programme about a group of fairly decent people trying to make a start in business life in the middle of a recession,gettin told off by a know all with dyed hair who's made a living out of selling the worst cars ever made, with fish lips on his left and herman munster on his right. the ultimate in put-down tv.

Scruffles wrote: »
    all soaps,am seriously fed up of hearing hollyoaks from the lounge tv as they then turn it to the next days hollyoaks which they show on another channel,then emmerdale, corination street,eastenders,urghhh.
    it is incredible just hearing people talk about them by name and as if they are real,bunch of soft gits.

all of those stupid reality tv shows.

all game shows.

eurovision-because the public who vote for the english entry are tone deaf and because of the silly bias countries have for each other.

chat shows like jeremy kyle.

last of the summer wine,dad has always got this on at the weekend,-fake,ridiculous and crap.

am done..for now.:cool:

Two points to make on this:

1) People cannot vote on the English entry in the Eurovision because England doesn't take part in it.

2) The UK song is usually the best - or one of the best - songs on every episode of Eurovision.

El Dorado was supposed to have been pretty bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭Alpish

Am I the only one that hates criminal minds?

Oh and Grey's Anatomy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Remember Keith Duffys THE BOX?!

What a pile of shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A good few crap ones have been mentioned already but I would add also, anything with Jordan in it.
    Batsy wrote: »
    El Dorado was supposed to have been pretty bad.
    It was.
    You knew it was going down hill from the start when one 45+ year old character ("Bunny") had a 15/16 year old girlfriend/wife from the get-go (who couldn't act to save her life by the way and was very slated for it in the press at the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DonegalBonz

That Streetmate show that a pasty-faced, denim and leather clad Davina McCall used to present, was on channel 4. She'd grab some student-type wandering around some grim looking UK city centre and try and sell this loser to random weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 spokes

Ireland AM.
    Four egits fake laughing among themselves. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Francis Brennan's Grand Tour has got to be up there with the worst of em.:o

You could actually pin point the moment RTE reached a point so low that their reputation is beyond recovery.

Last Sunday, primetime TV, Colin Byrne on his bike trip around...who cares....

He's sitting on the side of the road with his guide and they are comparing south Tayto against nordie Tayto.

Jesus f*cking wept!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Remember Keith Duffys THE BOX?!

What a pile of shíte.

Keith "Welcome back to *dramatic pause* the box. Next on *dramatic pause* the Box, Andrew will challenge *dramatic pause* the Box, and *dramatic pause* the Box will accept, next tonight on *dramatic pause* the Box"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Anything involving Katherine Lynch... I heard funnier things supervising a Junior Infants class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Most of the programmes people are talking about here are nowhere near being the 'worst ever'. Am I the only one old enough to remember Crossroads? Or what about Curry And Chips, with Spike Milligan acting as an Indian immigrant? I've never seen a full episode but I've seen a few clips of it and it was atrocious.

I'd say a lot of British comedies made in the seventies, when British comedy was mainly jokes about 'darkies', are ten times worse than anything being mentioned here.

Then there was Heil Honey I'm Home!, a nineties sitcom about Hitler not getting on with his Jewish neighbours. Only one episode was broadcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Most of the programmes people are talking about here are nowhere near being the 'worst ever'. Am I the only one old enough to remember Crossroads? Or what about Curry And Chips, with Spike Milligan acting as an Indian immigrant? I've never seen a full episode but I've seen a few clips of it and it was atrocious.

I'd say a lot of British comedies made in the seventies, when British comedy was mainly jokes about 'darkies', are ten times worse than anything being mentioned here.

Then there was Heil Honey I'm Home!, a nineties sitcom about Hitler not getting on with his Jewish neighbours. Only one episode was broadcast.

There is bad taste, and there is just plain bad. I stand by The Roaring Twenties being one of the very worst shows ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The Sky One Gladiators was pure shiiiite.
    Hmmm, actually most Sky One made shows are awful.
    Those **** shows that show people falling over in "hilarious" situations too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Alpish wrote: »
    Am I the only one that hates criminal minds?

Oh and Grey's Anatomy too.

no way criminal minds is a decent watch

Hate all the soaps, deal or no deal, glee, x factor and any reality ****e really

Advertisement