Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

The meeting-y assessment thing went slighty better than expected. Not great, but better than expected. I got a lot to work on and I really gotta stop wasting time, but I think now I know what I have to do and I know my supervisor one is there if I need help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Skyrim completes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I had one of those moments last night where it hit me that after all my worry and stuff, I'm 100% sure I made the right decision and chose the right course. Everyone keeps telling me how good it is to have the old, happy me back. Even my mum can't get over it and keeps telling me how proud of me she is. As she said herself she hadn't realised how unhappy I was until I was happy again, it had been going on for almost 2 years but it's over now.

I was just sitting on the dart home last night thinking, I can't believe I'm actually being paid to cook and bake and to plate desserts. Last night I spent my shift making brownies, baileys mousse, lemon moss pudding, bread and soup. Like its actually so good.

I just can't believe it. It took me so long to get to this place but for the first time since I left school I'm completely content with life, I have a great boyfriend, amazing friends, I live college and I love my job. I feel so incredibly lucky. Like even the bad parts of work and college are good.

I also want to say thanks to everyone on this forum too, without you guys I probably never would have had the courage to talk to my parents and realise what I wanted to do. I know I never really responded to anyone's offers of pm's but the fact that the offers were there meant so much to me. I love you guys and I'm so glad I stumbled across this place <3

/rambling idiot

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

My 1D album was dispatched this morning and its not due to release until Monday.. Please arrive Friday, please god arrive Friday...

On hindsight, this isnt really a yay :confused: Close nuff tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Every cup of tea is like a brain massage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

deise_girl wrote: »
    My 1D album was dispatched this morning and its not due to release until Monday.. Please arrive Friday, please god arrive Friday...

On hindsight, this isnt really a yay :confused: Close nuff tho...

Anything One direction is an arrrghhhh tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

is it a clue about how clueless I am about modern music that i had no idea 1D was one direction?. couldn't figure out who what band was being discussed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've made myself two cups of tea to sit down with. Tea makes everything better.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    is it a clue about how clueless bout modern music that i had no idea 1D was one direction. couldn't figure out who what band was being discussed :pac:

I thought it was some form of guitar tuning I hadnt found out about yet :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I'm going to Iceland (the shop, not country <_<) tomorrow.. I'm sehr excited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Yupik wrote: »
    I'm going to Iceland (the shop, not country <_<) tomorrow.. I'm sehr excited!
    Does that shop actually exist? I thought the ads were just an expensive practical joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Davidius wrote: »
    Does that shop actually exist? I thought the ads were just an expensive practical joke.

Yeah! There's only like 5 in Ireland atm though..

AeYz0yHCEAA7jjK.jpg

LOL

I thought it was some form of guitar tuning I hadnt found out about yet :pac:

drop D: the next generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Yupik wrote: »
    Davidius wrote: »

Yeah! There's only like 5 in Ireland atm though..

AeYz0yHCEAA7jjK.jpg

LOL

I saw that sign :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

<3 the way in the survey they included Atari Jaguar in the 'Which of these do you own' question, made me lol a bit :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Pretty make up came for me in the post today <3 and nail varnish toooooo :)

And I had a chat with the head of my department and I think things might work out and be okay re: college. Feeling a lot more positive tonight than I have for a while. Although watching copious amounts of Arrested Development might have helped with that >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

<3 the way in the survey they included Atari Jaguar in the 'Which of these do you own' question, made me lol a bit :pac:

To which I answered :cool:
    20111116_193238.jpg

Finally home (soaked) after an incredibly long day. I'm now going to curl up in bed and watch masterchef Australia for the evening and drink hot chocolate and eat mini scones I made in college earlier. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Didnt realise I lost my phone until i got a facebook message from a friends saying "Your mam rang, someone rang her about your lost phone"... didnt even realise it was gone! Nice oul fella dropped it into the Students Union. Yay for honest people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

The joy of hearing about my sister's monumental fights with my mother, from the safety of Amsterdam, cannot be expressed in words.

• Advertisement

I've managed to stop my sister writing to me in "txt spk" on Facebook and putting x's in between every other word. Now to just stop her from posting those stupid chain-status' and the "lik dis f u creeeid" ones and I'll have succesfully trained a well adjusted human being.My fine tradition of excellence in english will be carried on through my old secondary school now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Finally home (soaked) after an incredibly long day. I'm now going to curl up in bed and watch masterchef Australia for the evening and drink hot chocolate and eat mini scones I made in college earlier. Lovely.
    Your course sounds so good, stop it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I don't get all this "atari jaguar" stuff:confused:

Yaaaaah: I went to bed at 8 for two and a half hours, then got up and had a hot shower, and now I'm back in bed for more sleepy time. And my room is lovely and warm <3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I don't get all this "atari jaguar" stuff:confused:
    It's a old boards in joke AFAIK. There was a poll ages ago for "Your favorite games console?" and someone asked why Atari Jaguar wasn't in the poll. The general joke made was that if you thought Atari Jaguar was the best console, you clearly don't care about video games at all. So as a joke, the "Don't care" option is often replaced with Atari Jaguar in polls. That's my understanding of it anyway. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

In work today we were asking the kids (3/4) what they wanted for Christmas. Once one says something they all copy so like 3 said they wanted ipods. We asked them what you do with an ipod and the answers included,

"You put it on your knee" (and what do you do then?) "You take it back off your knee again..."

and

"You bounce it up and down"

I love my kids <3

Yes, they're mine, all mine <.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I just went the centra to buy smokes, but I was a bit short. I had a 5 euro note, 1 euro coin, and a fifty cent piece, so I took my giant sock of change and gave it to the polish woman serving me. Never before have I laughed so hard, I was with my friend, we were in hysterics. She was pretty good natured about it too :P

I've been approved for the student assistance fund. Yaaaaay. I should have the money in about 10 days too. I can actually buy my college books then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Those lovely, talented John Blek & the Rats fellows are trying to raise a specific amount of money so they can publish a single, so I chipped in a tiny bit to push them over their halfway mark. They now have 1010.10 raised! A good deed done, and a nerdy binary figure to show for it. Yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

OMG guys I got a job in Schuh!!:eek: I cannot believe it..I'm so happy and shocked I'm actually shaking..things are actually finally starting to go my way! Sooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement

_meehan_ wrote: »
    OMG guys I got a job in Schuh!!:eek: I cannot believe it..I'm so happy and shocked I'm actually shaking..things are actually finally starting to go my way! Sooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!:D

Congrats _meehan_ :)

Advertisement