Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options
1435436437438439441»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Mellor wrote: »
    Quick question about Quorn without startign a new thread.

Buying some quorn products, can people recomend which one taste like the meat version.
    I've had mince, and I can be deguised in a strong sauce.
    Sausages were different but still nice.

Don't want to buy packets of stuff if it ends up tasting like cardboard.

I think any of the chicken style ones are your best best. The closest things I had that others wouldnt be able to tell would be the quorn dippers and the quorn bites. Any of the chicken style pieces, fillets etc would be good also. The steak pieces will taste nothing like steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, I figured they'e be the best.
    Actually chicken dippers from the likes of birdseye aren't exactly real food either.

I think i'll be a quorn and mushroom bake

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

3 quorn priducts for 6e in tesco atm if you want to try some out.

also the quorn roasts are down from 6e to 1.94...i bought 4.

A new linda mccartney range is being introduced at low prices too. cheddar burger things look great.

6 sausage rolls for 1.24 in tesco too, and they are better than real sausage rolls imo.

Actually I had the quorn family roast thing for the fist time yesterday and thought it had kind of a pork type taste off it, maybe I'm alone on that, they'e also under 2euros in tesco at the moment!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh you got one too <_<

in other news

• Advertisement

ye even had to defrost the freezer to fit the amount of quorn stuff in :P

now on to more pressing matters..........

Josie often jumps up on your shoulder so you can walk around with her up there, but now she has taken it to new extremes, she just gets up there and lets her legs hang so you can stand up straight walking around with her :D

my dad was going around all morning like this...

b9HxW.jpg

LMAO at that pic, brilliant. josie so cute there. I likes your dads scarf, he a crazy cat lady.

does she do it for you ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Lol that cat pic is awesome! Josie is showing her smarts :)

And that vid....what were they thinking?? :pac:

Popping by to say hello, and here's a pic:

1318728895143.png

Funny because its true :p

LMAO at that pic, brilliant. josie so cute there. I likes your dads scarf, he a crazy cat lady.

does she do it for you ?

that's not important >_>

my back is too small anyways <_<
    Lol that cat pic is awesome! Josie is showing her smarts :)

And that vid....what were they thinking?? :pac:

Popping by to say hello, and here's a pic:

1318728895143.png

Funny because its true :p

I am well acquainted with that pic :D
    and hello to yourself!

I founds me a film to watch

hoole2010wsr1front800x6.jpg

they brought us happy feet :D

• Advertisement

alone

you found you a film to watch alone

:pac:

Btw Mellor, I had one of those quorn roasts over the weekend, all my family tasted it and said they could not tell that they weren't eating meat and that it kinda tasted like turkey, so that might be one to try.

don't make me moonblink you :mad:

That one really is one of the more meaty ones, no that i think that it tastes like any meat in particular. Mmm. I probably shouldn't offer special deals in ireland to somebody in australia!

Hello, I'm going to close this thread as the limit for threads on boards is now 10, 000 posts, down from 150, 000. I will open another thread to continue on the discussion and place a link to it in this post. This thread has more posts that the whole veggie forum had when it started, by a mile!

Part Deux.

I have placed the last page of posts onto the new thread, enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement