Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

--LOS-- wrote: »
    cant you check tescos ingredients on their site? anwyays im too lazy to log in :P
    smegmar is still knocking about? thought he was gone back to germany long ago.
    Well I was gonna wander around some other places too, but You go check their website instead:p:pac:

Aye he's here for August, then heading back over...wants to meet for food and/or drinks before he goes back, said it to me around 10 days ago on ze Google+:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

how very modern of you :P

Its 'mazing aint it!!? :p \o/ :pac:

no idea :P

Get with the times woman, luxury bubble has cut You off from the world :pac:

• Advertisement

Get with the times woman, luxury bubble has cut You off from the world :pac:

meh, I'm sure it runs fine without me
    it's not even that luxurious, in fact it stinks of paint :(

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

electro is coming to dub soon, next week, veggie foods must be had!

Hey all, sorry for my year of absence. I have been living in Zee Deutschland, and life has been good. Anyway I'm back now for the rest of August and need to make up for all the veggie shenanigans I've missed out on. Don't say their weren't any, Veggies are too horny, alcoholic and mischievous for there not to be.

So yeah Electro is back, which means Raah will be with her, I talked to Master of Nothing on Google+ (coz were too cool for facebook :cool::cool:). LOS seems up for it, so that means Tar will be too.

And I'm publically calling out all the n00bie veggies that I haven't seen since being away to join in the fun. Totally starting a new thread on this. Everyone tell me when and where we'll veg up (we veg because we don't meet.)

were somebodys ears burning :P

Not sure how I showed I was up for it....but I am! Ofc Tar will be, he's very yes mam, no mam.
    There's not long left in August now, you better get cracking on the plans!

meh, I'm sure it runs fine without me
    it's not even that luxurious, in fact it stinks of paint :(
    Ewww paint smell :(
    smegmar wrote: »
    Hey all, sorry for my year of absence. I have been living in Zee Deutschland, and life has been good. Anyway I'm back now for the rest of August and need to make up for all the veggie shenanigans I've missed out on. Don't say their weren't any, Veggies are too horny, alcoholic and mischievous for there not to be.

So yeah Electro is back, which means Raah will be with her, I talked to Master of Nothing on Google+ (coz were too cool for facebook :cool::cool:). LOS seems up for it, so that means Tar will be too.

And I'm publically calling out all the n00bie veggies that I haven't seen since being away to join in the fun. Totally starting a new thread on this. Everyone tell me when and where we'll veg up (we veg because we don't meet.)
    But but but...that year was a wonderful one!

Shenanigans are fun, just dont say it when watching Super Troopers :pac: Veggies = fun :D Ze veggies are gonna have fun it seems, and yeah, we'll all be up for it, I knows it and they knows it! Any veggies who've not gone out on a veg up before and would like to, this is a perfect chance to.
    were somebodys ears burning :P

Not sure how I showed I was up for it....but I am! Ofc Tar will be, he's very yes mam, no mam.
    There's not long left in August now, you better get cracking on the plans!
    Thats what happens when You listen to a match for too long :p

You'll show up, we know You will lol! August is half over, electro & raah should be here soon...its been aaaaaaages since we all got together for food anyway!

Oh I forgot to mention that I went to two Tesco shops today, and an Iceland looking for their pestos...not one I seen had a veggie friendly symbol. All were made with Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan cheese) of the Grana variety, and/or Pecorino Romano...both of those are made with calf rennet so definitely not veggie friendly.

Looks like pesto will have to be made by Your own hands if You want to guarantee it's veggie-ness!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Sorry for ruining pesto for everyone... When I posted that, I assumed it was one of those things (like Worcester sauce) that everyone except me knew wasn't veggie. I'm still quite new to this, so there may be other things I'm eating without realising I'm not supposed to.

On the plus side, I was complaining about it to my boss - and she brought this in for me today! She saw it in a cafe and thought of me. She's a legend :)

picture.php?albumid=1310&pictureid=10574

Fishie wrote: »
    Sorry for ruining pesto for everyone... When I posted that, I assumed it was one of those things (like Worcester sauce) that everyone except me knew wasn't veggie. I'm still quite new to this, so there may be other things I'm eating without realising I'm not supposed to.

On the plus side, I was complaining about it to my boss - and she brought this in for me today! She saw it in a cafe and thought of me. She's a legend :)

picture.php?albumid=1310&pictureid=10574

you ruined it :(:P Just like I accidentally ruined maxi twists for tar :pac:

And...like we've told you before there is plenty of options for vegan worcester sauce so dont miss out!
    I meant to post too that I saw a new product in tescos, it doesnt say 'pesto' on it but that's essentially what it is even though it's branded as a sun-dried tomato paste. It's their own brand and it's near the asian foods, I've bought it but yet to try it. Can'r remember the price but it was pretty cheap as far as I remember. I do prefer the 'green' pestos though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I don't even like pesto but now I want to try all these veggie ones just because they're veggie. So Fishie if anything you've vastly improved pesto for me at least :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

loves me pesto and it's only recentish too :(

GIVE ME BAACK MY MAXI TWISTS

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Whats a maxi twist?

im hungry :(

ya know these.....

Maxi%20Twist.JPG

icecream that has been around for years with the amazin lime bits ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

ya know these.....

Maxi%20Twist.JPG

icecream that has been around for years with the amazin lime bits ^_^

oooh HB bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Is it just me, or the vegetable inari pocket (whose rice filling is so tasty) from Yo! Sushi taste like some sort of very sweet brioche (a Spanish ensaimada, actually) when they're eaten with their weird fried soybean skin? :confused:

Is it just me, or the vegetable inari pocket (whose rice filling is so tasty) from Yo! Sushi taste like some sort of very sweet brioche (a Spanish ensaimada, actually) when they're eaten with their weird fried soybean skin? :confused:

random post is random lol!

never been to yo! sushi, would they even have much veggie options?

random post is random lol!

never been to yo! sushi, would they even have much veggie options?

This! http://veggieadvisor.com/eating-out/vegetarian-guide-yo-sushi/
    Izzy's pro tip: mix soy sauce with wasabi and use that as your dip for everything, or to pour over rice. So right...

• Advertisement

This! http://veggieadvisor.com/eating-out/vegetarian-guide-yo-sushi/
    Izzy's pro tip: mix soy sauce with wasabi and use that as your dip for everything, or to pour over rice. So right...

handy lil linky :) I haven't made sushi in ages, used to make it with avocados, peppers, cucumber, anybody I made it for never liked it though. Wasabi is a little scary :/

handy lil linky :) I haven't made sushi in ages, used to make it with avocados, peppers, cucumber, anybody I made it for never liked it though. Wasabi is a little scary :/
    My sister loves to eat the vegetarian sushi when we make sushi at home :( And then she eats the fish one.
    She mixes the wasabi into the soy sauce because that way it's easier to get exactly the right amount of flavour enhancing without getting occasional internal burns. I tried that today and I wish I'd known that before.
    Kids are cool. Leave them alone. I hope the one on the right is ok though...

Bah I'm really bored tonight, and hungry.

And I always linked sushi with fish...hence the avoidance of sushi bars/restaurants!! Wasabi is something I'd like to try sometime lol.
    My sister loves to eat the vegetarian sushi when we make sushi at home :( And then she eats the fish one.
    She mixes the wasabi into the soy sauce because that way it's easier to get exactly the right amount of flavour enhancing without getting occasional internal burns. I tried that today and I wish I'd known that before.

Kids are cool. Leave them alone. I hope the one on the right is ok though...

Bah I'm really bored tonight, and hungry.
    You should try get to that sushi before she does then...but that is a good tip about the wasabi, will make things easier for the first time I try it :)

Kids are annoying from 2-5 years old, then they are tolerable :pac:

You not finishing that project no? You've livened up my night so far with the sushi link! I'm being a big nerd playing games, have You got anything there that needs finishing/preparing? It could take away the boredom.

And I always linked sushi with fish...hence the avoidance of sushi bars/restaurants!! Wasabi is something I'd like to try sometime lol.

You should try get to that sushi before she does then...but that is a good tip about the wasabi, will make things easier for the first time I try it :)

Kids are annoying from 2-5 years old, then they are tolerable :pac:

You not finishing that project no? You've livened up my night so far with the sushi link! I'm being a big nerd playing games, have You got anything there that needs finishing/preparing? It could take away the boredom.

Ok, so this isn't about sushi, but it's Japanese anyway....: Yamamori has one of the tastiest tofu dishes ever. But then everything they make is tasty so... It's sad that I spend much more money on food than on anything else. Yeah, the point is, Japanese places tend to be very good for vegetarian food, more so than other Asian restaurants in my experience.

Kids are great.

Project is finished, or at least as finished as it's going to be for a while, as it kinda drained my energy a little and I'm too lazy for that. I might add pictures at some stage. Now I'm stuck with writing addresses on the envelopes for my sister's wedding invitations for tonight. Fun..

Ok, so this isn't about sushi, but it's Japanese anyway....: Yamamori has one of the tastiest tofu dishes ever. But then everything they make is tasty so... It's sad that I spend much more money on food than on anything else. Yeah, the point is, Japanese places tend to be very good for vegetarian food, more so than other Asian restaurants in my experience.

Kids are great.

Project is finished, or at least as finished as it's going to be for a while, as it kinda drained my energy a little and I'm too lazy for that. I might add pictures at some stage. Now I'm stuck with writing addresses on the envelopes for my sister's wedding invitations for tonight. Fun..
    I was in Yamamori last week, had the salted soya beans and yasai goza with a beer...tasty :) Someone with us there had the tofu steak...it's HUGE!! And had a mango sauce on it too. Well the Japanese love their veggies, it wouldnt surprise me one bit.

I'm the same about mine...well I'll get going again in a day or two once deliveries have arrived. Once Yours looks and feels right when finished, then thats good =] You do have a very intersting night ahead, if I could write some out for You, I gladly would.

Took me a while to know what you were talking about >_<
    Summer is over so you'd better finish that quickly!

*goes back to writing addresses*

Took me a while to know what you were talking about >_<
    Summer is over so you'd better finish that quickly!

*goes back to writing addresses*
    And we both know how happy You are that summer is over!

Have fun hehe:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement