Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Desktop

So it is just the graphics card? (or whatever you call it!)

Yeah it seems that's an Intel GMA (integrated chip on the motherboard). They're okay, as far as I know they use the CPU to help out with graphic tasks... But those integrated things just aren't ever up to running decent games.

You can get a fairly decent graphics card now for around 100euro. Spend more on it though if you plan on playing more games etc.,

You need to find out what type of cards your mobo takes. Most modern motherboards take PCI-Express, but if it was a manufactured PC you never know...

Is there a make (Dell, HP etc?) and a model no?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's a Packard Bell, don't know where to find the model name.

I might have my old GeForce 6200 somewhere, could that worth a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Gah! Credit card I have on play is expired or would have arrived today!
    :mad::mad::mad:
    <shakes fists of rage>

Now it'd be Tuesday at best, so may go on a hunt around London town....

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Are xtra vision going to be selling this.???

Gamestop are always more expensive that Xtra Vision

I was in an xtravision lastnight and they told me they wont have it, Gamestop exclusive, then i seen it on the smyths website :rolleyes:

http://www.toys.ie/Jonah-Lomu-Rugby-Challenge-X360-!115606-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=85658874-10d9-46fe-910c-f41de1d6c85e

€45 on gamestop website, or €55 on smyths!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

TheJims wrote: »
    €45 on gamestop website, or €55 on smyths!

Was €50 in Gamestop in Tallaght this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

Hmv have yet to get it in but it's ordered. Didn't get a price. I don't like spending 50 quid on. A game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

It's being sold at 54 at Game which imo is shocking considering what Madden 12 was priced at when it's released. Anyway it's a fun game and on the PC we are already in motion to getting a full roster update.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

Beyond disapointing not being able to move players to International Team. I cant spend the endless hours editing the teams from scratch. So its basically got no International teams for me. Such BS. Also its evident that Lomu hadnt heard of Healy/O Brien who have low stats. McFadden isnt even on Leinster. Game play is good but this is such a cluster ****

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

had a quick spin of it at lunch there, 5 minutes really played Leinster Connacht. The graphics are great but it's last year's squad's for both teams which is disappointing. Not that I care that much about jerseys but they could have uploaded a this season's squads to the game, especially given the delayed launch here.

Players look good, like real people but are not likenesses of the real players. Pretty much just height and hair colour match.

I rushed into a game after doing the tutorial and first impressions are that it doesn't play as smooth as RWC11 but that may be down to me trying to play it like it's RWC11, fair few passes going to deck, hard to pull of moves like the sidestep and fend.

Commentary is woeful, Justin Marshall and Grant Nesbitt barely keeping up with play and saying nothing of consequence.

I'll be able to give proper feedback after giving it a real test drive tonight but I'm optimistic, it definitely seems a lot less arcadey than RWC11 and all of the teams and comps give it a lot more depth, will see how it handles once I get the gameplay sorted in my head.

Beyond disapointing not being able to move players to International Team. I cant spend the endless hours editing the teams from scratch. So its basically got no International teams for me. Such BS. Also its evident that Lomu hadnt heard of Healy/O Brien who have low stats. McFadden isnt even on Leinster. Game play is good but this is such a cluster ****

Hang on, so you CANT edit players, only make new one? And even then you can't swap new for old???

AHHhhhhh sakes, every review / comment I've seen says they're editable!

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    It's being sold at 54 at Game which imo is shocking considering what Madden 12 was priced at when it's released. Anyway it's a fun game and on the PC we are already in motion to getting a full roster update.

Think I may forget PS3 and go laptop (steam) if the editing functions are that poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mdu

not sure if anyone here is in Canada and looking to buy this but I got this reply from Gamestop here today:

"The current release date for Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge is 10/20 in the US. At this time we have no information on a Canadian release. Keep in mind release dates are set by the manufacturer and are subject to change at anytime without notification. We recommend keeping a watch out on our website for any updates to the product."

Annoyed cos the distributor has been banging on about the 20th being the North American release date when maybe they should be saying "USA" .

so maybe a stupid question but will a game bought in Ireland and sent to Canada work on a Canadian xbox? (i expect it will...)

andrewdcs wrote: »
    Hang on, so you CANT edit players, only make new one? And even then you can't swap new for old???

AHHhhhhh sakes, every review / comment I've seen says they're editable!

No you can edit every player bar certain modeled players ala Carter/Nonu etc

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

mdu wrote: »
    not sure if anyone here is in Canada and looking to buy this but I got this reply from Gamestop here today:

"The current release date for Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge is 10/20 in the US. At this time we have no information on a Canadian release. Keep in mind release dates are set by the manufacturer and are subject to change at anytime without notification. We recommend keeping a watch out on our website for any updates to the product."

Annoyed cos the distributor has been banging on about the 20th being the North American release date when maybe they should be saying "USA" .

so maybe a stupid question but will a game bought in Ireland and sent to Canada work on a Canadian xbox? (i expect it will...)

i bought NCAA football for PS3 from a US site before and it worked fine on my console but I remember reading somewhere that this isn't the case for XBOX360. Why not order it from the states? cheaper shipping too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mdu

Canadian customs are pretty strict and anything ive ordered from US gets pinged for 13% customs and they add a handling charge of another $5 or so. plus the $15 shipping, the cost quickly goes up. At least from Ireland my brother can stick it in an envelope and write 'gift' on it and it'll pass right through!

thanks for the note though on the xbox.. he sent me games before and some worked, more didnt. strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

This game is delish. I'm finding the difficulty levels absolutely perfect too. Scraping wins against teams like Munster is definitely realistic.

The only bad thing is that if the opposition team are winning at 80 minutes they won't kick the ball out, they'll continue play. I've won 2 games like this now, scoring in the 90th or 100th minute from just picking and going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Just won my first online game after losing 3. Awww yeah.

Leinster 14 - Perpignan 0 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

177998.JPG

Teferi wrote: »
    The only bad thing is that if the opposition team are winning at 80 minutes they won't kick the ball out, they'll continue play.

Definitely a game made in NZ so! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'm having a better time of it when I offload rather then outright pass. Passing is a bit mad, the players run the strangest lines and there are so many dropped balls. I feel like Sonny Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Has anyone who's gotten this played the RWC game? What's the comparison?

Didn't think much of the RWC one tbh.

• Advertisement

Risteard wrote: »
    Has anyone who's gotten this played the RWC game? What's the comparison?

Didn't think much of the RWC one tbh.

Your not as constrained as you are in RWC. Your players run lines which can be bad or good. Passing is difficult to the extend you have to think about how you have your player lined up. I like it. It's not perfect but it's certainly the best game of rugby out there.

It also looks very nice during the replays just wish they had a playback feature.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978179782/screenshot/594699443253991899?tab=public

No you can edit every player bar certain modeled players ala Carter/Nonu etc

You can edit players that are on the Irish team for example. You would have to spend endless hours turning them into the players you want them to be. Stats, apperance, name etc.

You cannot go to edit squads and put Cian Healy from leinster onto the Ireland team! You have to go to the Ireland team, select one of the "made up" players who is completely different and change him to Healy. This would involve either writing down all Healys stats, appearance settings etc and then changing the Irish player. Or just winging it yourself.

Either way its alot of hassle and time consuming. It was not made clear on here imo either. I was under the impression that the irish team et all were fake players but you could simply change the roster and select the real players......you cant do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

anyone else finding the defence a bit iffy?
    letting alot of soft tries in because I cant tackle or select certain players or the FB...

also using the Ireland team really grinds my gears not knowing who is who....

too bad Mcfadden isn't in for Leinster either,
    otherwise pretty good! miles ahead of rwc !

You can edit players that are on the Irish team for example. You would have to spend endless hours turning them into the players you want them to be. Stats, apperance, name etc.

You cannot go to edit squads and put Cian Healy from leinster onto the Ireland team! You have to go to the Ireland team, select one of the "made up" players who is completely different and change him to Healy. This would involve either writing down all Healys stats, appearance settings etc and then changing the Irish player. Or just winging it yourself.

Either way its alot of hassle and time consuming. It was not made clear on here imo either. I was under the impression that the irish team et all were fake players but you could simply change the roster and select the real players......you cant do that.

Wrong again. Every player in the Irish squad is their real life counter part expect in name and in sometimes appearance. The Irish 13 is called O'Connor and is rated 90 something wonder who that could be.

Wrong again. Every player in the Irish squad is their real life counter part expect in name and in sometimes appearance. The Irish 13 is called O'Connor and is rated 90 something wonder who that could be.

So its literally just a change of name?

Ty was getting quite frustrated.

So its literally just a change of name?

Ty was getting quite frustrated.

Yup. Ill screenshot it if you want.

Yup. Ill screenshot it if you want.

Yeh please if you could struggling to figure out who is who given the way you edit players alphabetically

Yeh please if you could struggling to figure out who is who given the way you edit players alphabetically

http://tinypic.com/r/15mib91/7

Who could this be :p

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978179782/screenshot/595825477935356847

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Got my copy today. Used the Project Novo option file and it worked away grand, well for the international teams anyway as that's all I played so far :)

xbox 360 version or pc and is there a link to project novo option file
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Seanbass wrote: »
    letting alot of soft tries in because I cant tackle or select certain players or the FB...

You select the full back by pressing LB and RB at the same time. To select the defender closest to the attacker, press B.

Advertisement