Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

About time they announced it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I got so frustrated with having no release date that I cancelled my order with Zavvi and instead ordered it on MightyApe. That was yesterday.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

happy enough that they will prepatch the new games. That was big for me as my xbox can no longer go on live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Uriel. wrote: »
    Rugby Challenge release date for Europe has been announced: 14th October

http://rugbychallengegame.com/

The game will come with the latest patch "built in" - for those who imported, it appears the big patch will be released before the game releases in Europe. Possibly in the next week.

Can't wait for this game!!!

The waiting game begins...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

glad i pre ordered mine about a month and a half ago from gamestop, have almost no interest in this now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

too late, so many other quality games to spend my money on before then....

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

Can't wait rugby challenge is out on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Brendan97 wrote: »
    Can't wait rugby challenge is out on Friday!
    got it from NZ a while back, the new patch makes it great

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Whats the online play like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

will have next week,looking forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

will have next week,looking forward

and i am certainly looking forward to more northern hemisphere players to play against so the games wont be laggy

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Really looking forward to it. Surprised there isn't a PSN demo.

Has anyone played the Pro12 teams yet? Any let downs in that department (likenesses etc.)?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Northern hemisphere players wouldn't look as good as the Australian & New Zealand teams now, but you can recognise them easily. The new patch has really improved it, the frame rate is a lot better on the 360 now and some off the enhancements are great.

the new patch is awesome, really helps the offload issues

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Shweet.

Would be nice if a DLC comes available to update the new pro12 jerseys etc. It's the little things that count. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    the new patch is awesome, really helps the offload issues

In what sense?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

They have added overall team sliders that include offload frequency, high tackle's etc. Just turn down offloads and its grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Is there a demo of Rugby Challenge on Xbox live?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Will RC be available on PC over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

BDJW wrote: »
    Is there a demo of Rugby Challenge on Xbox live?

No demo, but it's a decent rugby game so if you're interested in one I'd recommend it. It's streets ahead of the RWC game.

Will RC be available on PC over here?

From what I've heard its available on Steam....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

Its a shame that less informed people will buy the rwc game so rwc 2011 will get more sales even though it isnt even close to rugby challenge

Brendan97 wrote: »
    Its a shame that less informed people will buy the rwc game so rwc 2011 will get more sales even though it isnt even close to rugby challenge

Not sure that's true, RC is outselling rwc by 10 to 1 anywhere its been out.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

RC is amazing! been playing it everyday since i got it a few days ago.. been pl;aying on easy cause im a noob and finally decided to have a go at normal :) its deadly to play with the leinster team :P

20% off on Steam if you preorder RC before the release date (Friday I think)

If I buy a game on Steam, will I able to install it on a second computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

20% off on Steam if you preorder RC before the release date (Friday I think)

If I buy a game on Steam, will I able to install it on a second computer?

Yeah you will.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Yeah you will.

Class, I might be going abroad come January so I'll need to put it on my laptop. I'm thinking of preordering now.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

20% off? hmm i was goin to get it on xbox, but no harm in saving a few euro..

Is RC going to have actual players, or will be be the real players stats wit knock-off names??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

TheJims wrote: »
    20% off? hmm i was goin to get it on xbox, but no harm in saving a few euro..

Is RC going to have actual players, or will be be the real players stats wit knock-off names??

It's the real players for the domestic cups (excluding South African teams) and made-up ones for most international teams (they have the NZ, Aussie, US and Romanian teams only I think). But you can customise your team to include players from the different leagues so creating the actual Irish team from the Pro12 is very easy. They didn't get the HEC license either, but they do have a European Cup and all the European teams so it's the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Not sure that's true, RC is outselling rwc by 10 to 1 anywhere its been out.

Did they ever say why Europe and North america were delayed?

Still looking forward to it (kind of sick of Fallout III.... though just when I think I'm out, they drag me back in) but massive ball drop not to have it out as early as they could have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Class, I might be going abroad come January so I'll need to put it on my laptop. I'm thinking of preordering now.

NB you can use Ps3 controllers on laptops with bluetooth. I found using laptop for sports games a nightmare until I discovered this.

Advertisement