Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet broadband

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fional88

arik11 wrote: »
    If you are lucky to get Fiber To home then you are a winner.Had it now for a year and its rocketing! No experience with anything else from Magnet
    I think that's what I have... I pay 30E a month for 25MB Fibre Broadband. I don't think I have a line rental charge including in there - not too sure how this actually works.

But I'm moving...it be nice to find another place that has magnet Fibre...is there an easier way to find out where than use that number yoke on their front page?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arik11

You will have this upgraded for free to 60Mb now.Look at their site . you can see there where you can get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Gary / Rory,

I notice you now provide a 'Magent Simply Broadband' 24meg package, which is €20 cheaper than the Force Max I'm currently on.

I do not use the phone service, nor do I require Web TV.

Would it be possible to switch to this package instead?

All I need is the 24mb BB (it's all I've ever used since getting Magnet over a year ago)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Hi,

Could you PM your details and I will try and find out what is happening with your order.

Thanks
    Any word on whats happening? Almost 4 weeks waiting now, this is getting a bit ridiculous

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Gary / Rory,

I notice you now provide a 'Magent Simply Broadband' 24meg package, which is €20 cheaper than the Force Max I'm currently on.

I do not use the phone service, nor do I require Web TV.

Would it be possible to switch to this package instead?

All I need is the 24mb BB (it's all I've ever used since getting Magnet over a year ago)

Hi,

It is possible to change to this package - simply call our sales team on 1800 819 999 and they will look after you

Thanks

• Advertisement

Any word on whats happening? Almost 4 weeks waiting now, this is getting a bit ridiculous

Hi

Did you send me your details?

I have now record of this.

If you can just PM your name and address I will have this checked out right away.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Do you have your own equipment in the Balbriggan exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

I've ordered the 24Mbit Unlimited Package. So could I potentially download 500GB or more in one month? Not that I would, just nice to know I can.

DarrenG wrote: »
    Do you have your own equipment in the Balbriggan exchange?

Hi,

Whilst we do not have our own equipment in the Balbriggan exchange we could still offe you a great broadband service with no download limit. If you could PM me your contact details I will glady ask one of our sales team to give you a call.

Thanks

I've ordered the 24Mbit Unlimited Package. So could I potentially download 500GB or more in one month? Not that I would, just nice to know I can.

Hi,

Magnet has no download limit so you can download as much as you like in any given month.

It's great isn't it icon7.gif

• Advertisement

Hi,

Magnet has no download limit so you can download as much as you like in any given month.

It's great isn't it icon7.gif

That's Great!

I just got my line installed by Eircom. Would it be possible to get the equipment sent to my work address rather than my home address? I've already signed up and got the line installed through Magnet.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Gary / Rory,I do not use the phone service, nor do I require Web Tv
    I thought web tv was free to any one with internet access?
    Any way these new upgrades that are being offered are interesting,seem to be offering big upgrades but fine print says something like"using magnet equipment requires signing a new contract"
    im with magnet since 2008(no choice)& signed on the silver package,BB is 2mb download &2mb upload,cant wait to see what upgrade im offered :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭DoubleBogey

con1982 wrote: »
    Has anyone had good/bad experience with magnet broadband?
    Their customer service is an absolute disgrace. you will constatly be told "I don't deal with that I'll get someone to call you back" and of course nobody ever does. That's assuming someone even bothers to answer the phone. Emails invariably go ignored. Ask yourself what is it that sets broadband providers apart? The infrastructure is the same for all (unless you can get FTTH), its their customer service that's important. Magnet fail on a monumental scale. I wouldn't even call it a customer service, its more of a fobbing off the customer department.

Their customer service is an absolute disgrace. you will constatly be told "I don't deal with that I'll get someone to call you back" and of course nobody ever does. That's assuming someone even bothers to answer the phone. Emails invariably go ignored. Ask yourself what is it that sets broadband providers apart? The infrastructure is the same for all (unless you can get FTTH), its their customer service that's important. Magnet fail on a monumental scale. I wouldn't even call it a customer service, its more of a fobbing off the customer department.

Hi,

Firstly let me apologise if you have had a poor experience with our Customer Services department - we take this sort of situation very seriously and if you could PM your contact details, I will be more than happy to contact you to discuss this issue.

Thanks

delw wrote: »
    I thought web tv was free to any one with internet access?
    Any way these new upgrades that are being offered are interesting,seem to be offering big upgrades but fine print says something like"using magnet equipment requires signing a new contract"
    im with magnet since 2008(no choice)& signed on the silver package,BB is 2mb download &2mb upload,cant wait to see what upgrade im offered :rolleyes:

Hi,

You are right WEB TV is indeed free to anyone with an internet connection, log in at the website www.magnetwebtv.ie and you will receive 11 TV channels totally free on your PC.

In regards to our FTTH upgrades, you would be entitled to increase your speed to a 30Mb service at no extra cost - simply call our sales team on 1800 819 999 and we will do the rest!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I know its always the same story - you only ever hear the bad experiences, not the good. So I'd like to post to be devils advocate.

I must say, I have always had a good customer experience with Magnet (there was one slight blip, but nothing major at all) and the service they have provided to me has always been rock solid.

I'm on Magnet Force Max (24mbit).

Sounds like I'll be getting my router and stuff tomorrow, and turns out I may be having a half day at work! Hopefully everything goes okay. I'll leave feedback once I get to try it out for a couple of days, but so far, I've found customer support to be nothing short of exemplary, far better than what I've experienced with both Eircom and UPC.

Rory, if I recieve my router tomorrow, when will my connection be active?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭DoubleBogey

Hi,

Firstly let me apologise if you have had a poor experience with our Customer Services department - we take this sort of situation very seriously and if you could PM your contact details, I will be more than happy to contact you to discuss this issue.

Thanks
    Too little too late. I've already served my notice (for which I'm waiting a call back on ironically). And you already have my details as I'm sure you well know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I shifted over from Magnet to UPC recently - for a couple of reasons:

1. Cost. The UPC 100meg package is just better value than the Magnet 24meg deal. More for less.

2. Quality of phone line / customer support. The quality of calls went south after a while - and varied between okay and bleeding awful - dropped audio/broken speech. Chasing customer support on it either resulted in no change, or no response.

After another customer support request - and waiting for the response 'within 72 hours' (!) I did what I swore I'd never do - consider going back to 'NTL' as a customer, after the lousy experience I had with cable telly years back. That's how frustrated I was. My experience of UPC so far has been grand - one hiccup on phone number transfer, but no biggie. I still wouldn't buy their cable telly, but the broadband and phone seem fine. Even allowing for contention issues, I'm getting better bandwidth than I had with Magnet.

Positives with Magnet - reliable broadband in the main, and consistent enough bandwidth. Just the tardy support and ****ty phone line quality to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

How much longer till wexford town is getting this?

• Advertisement

brijay wrote: »
    How much longer till wexford town is getting this?

Check out the website WWW.MAGNET.IE/Fibre and this will give you all the information that you need about the 150Mb broadband service being offered in Wexford..........

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Check out the website WWW.MAGNET.IE/Fibre and this will give you all the information that you need about the 150Mb broadband service being offered in Wexford..........

Ok thanks but do you have any dates on this when it will start

Sounds like I'll be getting my router and stuff tomorrow, and turns out I may be having a half day at work! Hopefully everything goes okay. I'll leave feedback once I get to try it out for a couple of days, but so far, I've found customer support to be nothing short of exemplary, far better than what I've experienced with both Eircom and UPC.

Rory, if I recieve my router tomorrow, when will my connection be active?

Thanks!

When you receive your router, plug it in to the Eircom point and services will be live in a couple of days.

Thanks

brijay wrote: »
    Ok thanks but do you have any dates on this when it will start

Magnet will be taking orders for our services as of the 26th September 2011 :-)

Hi,

You are right WEB TV is indeed free to anyone with an internet connection, log in at the website www.magnetwebtv.ie and you will receive 11 TV channels totally free on your PC.

In regards to our FTTH upgrades, you would be entitled to increase your speed to a 30Mb service at no extra cost - simply call our sales team on 1800 819 999 and we will do the rest!

Thanks
    Rory i have them channels on web tv but how come the types of rte jnr,rte news,rte +1 can be heard on my tv but cant be seen?

delw wrote: »
    Rory i have them channels on web tv but how come the types of rte jnr,rte news,rte +1 can be heard on my tv but cant be seen?

Hi,

I am having this checked out for you and will revert as soon as possible.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 10rooney10

@magnet rory, i would like to know if the magnet broadband reaches 24mb in the castletroy area in limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I got the 24mb line yesterday, got 14mb when I did a speedtest but now its hovering around 8mb, was downloading something last night and it was showing at 500kb, that average in the Dooradoyle area in Limerick?

Hi,

I am having this checked out for you and will revert as soon as possible.

Thanks

Thanks Rory,by the way i have the Amino box at the moment,what do i do to get a replacement?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sebastien

Hi guys,

Anyone experiencing packets loss with Magnet lately ? Since last thursday, I have some packets loss, which is not THAT bad on a daily basis, but is very frustrating when playing starcraft 2 for example, I keep having some bad lags, and not very cool for the players I play with.

Advertisement