Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Fest - New Cinema Event for Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

event wrote: »
    oh jesus no
    I second this XD

Will the comic-con footage be the same stuff on both days? 'Cos I just know that the day I go, I'll miss Spiderman or something and end up getting Twilight XD

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

Will the comic-con footage be the same stuff on both days?

No, the footage, greetings and trailers will be completely different on both days. So far the line-up is looking something like this (it's subject to change but only slightly at this stage).

SATURDAY STUDIO FOOTAGE & TRAILERS
    Disney (Including Dreamworks, Pixar & Marvel).
    20th Century Fox
    Optimum/Element
    Universal Footage
    Momentum
    E1

SUNDAY FOOTAGE & TRAILERS
    Sony Pictures
    Paramount
    Eclipse Pictures/Icon
    Irish Film Board
    Artificial Eye
    Warner Bros

Also, just confirmed, everyone in the audience on Saturday will get a voucher for online film site Volta.ie, which gives them a free movie download.

The full screenings on each day are
    SATURDAY : Fright Night, The Change Up, Mystery Movie #1
    SUNDAY : 30 Minutes Or Less, Cowboys & Aliens, Mystery Movie #2

Hope this helps?

P.S
    The Amazing Spider-Man is being released by Sony Pictures, so that footage is on Sunday.
    The Avengers is being released by Disney/Marvel, the 3D trailer for that is on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

"tipped for Oscars",Final Destination 5 ("...a rollercoaster from start to finish") :pac:

Finally it's getting it's rewards, always thought they had some really imaginitive deaths that are oscar worthy.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Any words of the times for the films yet ?

Me and my mate just got tickets! :D

• Advertisement

Ste- wrote: »
    Any words of the times for the films yet ?

Here you go, a boards exclusive, this isn't up anywhere else yet.

SATURDAY - August 13th
    10am Doors Open (goody bags on seats)
    10.30am Fright Night – Full Screening

Short Break

12.30pm Studio Trailers & Footage
    Presentations from
    Disney (Including Pixar, Marvel & Dreamworks)
    20th Century Fox
    Optimum/Element Pictures
    Momentum Pictures
    Universal Pictures
    E1 Pictures

Break

2.45pm Mystery Film Screening
    Short Break
    4.40pm : The Change Up – Full Screening

SUNDAY - August 14th
    10am Doors Open

10.30am 30 Minutes Or Less – Full Screening
    followed directly by
    Sony Pictures presentation
    Goody bag collections after Sony footage.

Short Break

12.45pm Studio trailers & Footage
    Presentations from
    Paramount Pictures (including Dreamworks animation)
    Eclipse Pictures/Icon
    Irish Film Board
    Artificial Eye

Break

2.35 pm Warner Bros presentation
    Mystery Film
    Short Break
    4.30pm – Cowboys & Aliens – Full Screening

NOTE
    Times are approximate and are subject to change depending on how long the studio presentations run on for.
    The line-up is subject to change.
    Strict security in place on the day – no recording equipment allowed - Please co-operate fully with security over the weekend.

FOOD OPTIONS
    The Woolshed (next door to Cineworld) have designed an express menu especially for Movie Fest. They have been informed of our break times for both days and will start preparing their food just before the breaks and will aim to have you in and out really quickly.

Cineworld’s bar will be open from early morning to serve coffee & refreshments…
    Cineworld’s large Snack Bar is open all day
    Cineworld will also have a food trolley upstairs outside Screen 17 if you want a quick snack

There are many other food outlets within a 5 minute radius of Cineworld on Parnell Street, Capel Street and in The Ilac Centre.

Hope the above info helps.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

MovieFest wrote: »

FOOD OPTIONS
    The Woolshed (next door to Cineworld) have designed an express menu especially for Movie Fest. They have been informed of our break times for both days and will start preparing food in advance of the breaks and will aim to have you in and out really quickly. Click here to view their express menu.

Cineworld’s bar will be open from early morning to serve coffee & refreshments…
    Cineworld’s large Snack Bar is open all day
    Cineworld will also have a food trolley upstairs outside Screen 17 if you want a quick snack

There are many other food outlets within a 5 minute radius of Cineworld on Parnell Street, Capel Street and in The Ilac Centre.

Hope the above info helps.

Ooh I'm getting excited!
    None of the movies seem very long though! Probably a good thing though...

There's no link to the Woolshed menu btw!

None of the movies seem very long though! Probably a good thing though...

The two longest movies were kept for the end of the day.

The Change-Up is 1 hour 50 Minutes and runs from 4.40 to 6.30 on Saturday

Cowboys and Aliens is 1 hour 58 Minutes and runs from 4.30 to 6.30 on Sunday - with a recorded audience greeting from director Jon Favreau scheduled to run beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

"2.35 pm Warner Bros presentation
    Mystery Film"

So... It's a WB film, which rules out Conan...

It actually could be Final Destination 5, because it comes out on Friday in the US, but later this month here.
    Could be Contagion?
    Or if we're incredibly lucky, and it's ready, despite the December release date, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows? It would certainly match the description:
    "MYSTERY SCREENING - TWO Another mystery screening - this movie has one of the most exciting trailers we've seen this year and looks set to be a roller-coaster ride from start to finish."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Nah, I'd say it's almost definitely Final Destination, especially with the Rollercoaster reference. Which could be a good thing because it'll give me plenty of time to go get something to eat while I wait for something good to come on. :D

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get there on Sunday for the first movie. Is it possible to go in after it and see the Sony Presentation, or do I have to wait until the 12:45 session to get back in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Not sure if I'll stick around for The Change-Up on Saturday. It looks like re-hashed The Hangover crap.

Not sure if I'll stick around for The Change-Up on Saturday. It looks like re-hashed The Hangover crap.
    Looks more like an attempt at a modern Trading Places to me.

Looks more like an attempt at a modern Trading Places to me.

More Freaky Friday meets The Hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im really considering going to this on Saturday (cant do Sunday). Im baffled as to what the surprise movie could be though. I dont imagine it is going to be anything too high brow or arty (when you look at the other films on over the weekend) but the fact it is 'tipped for oscars' has me intrigued

ah i'll say the Change up will be solid enough,

Express menu link anyone?

The bbq wings in the woolshed are lovely, also the lamb shank, dammit allan going for food now :P

Food Link

Chicken Wings - 9.50
    Wings and Chips - 7.50

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

This sounds a whole lot like Film Days which was for the industry about ten years ago, went on for two or three days & everything was free (including being brought out for dinner & drinks at night).

Would love to go to it, but :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

allanb49 wrote: »
    Food Link

Chicken Wings - 9.50
    Wings and Chips - 7.50

???

€8.50 for a cheesburger and chips? Do these guys think we are back in Celtic Tiger days?

Fook dat. Just go across the road to McDonalds/Burger King.

gazzer wrote: »
    €8.50 for a cheesburger and chips? Do these guys think we are back in Celtic Tiger days?

It's decent food, not a chipper burger. What would you pay in Eddie Rockets for the same?

Anyway, the Saturday movie I'm thinking could be Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy... thoughts?

• Advertisement

It's decent food, not a chipper burger. What would you pay in Eddie Rockets for the same?

Anyway, the Saturday movie I'm thinking could be Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy... thoughts?

Aren't they playing trailers/scenes from it on one of the days?

Maybe, not sure! I know it's out the next weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I don't think 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' is out til mid-September.. so I'd say it's a no-go!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I thought taht as well but they're playing exclusive content from it so I highly they'd show the whole film as well afterwards!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If I thought Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was going to be screened at this I would take off work to see it. However, the film is getting its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival at the end of the month. There's no chance of it being screening anywhere before then.

for €12 you can get a lamb shank with mash gravy and carrots in the woolshed,
    They're huge portions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Why_So_Serious?

wwwwwwwooooooooo got my tickets today since i can only go the sunday means i'm gonna miss the Avengers on the saturday :( but on the plus side i still get my Spider-Man t-shirt and plus sunday seems like the better day apart from final destination if its true.....I cant wait.....

Is there any Q&A sessions that any1 knows about??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭event

can anyone tell me whats the handiest and cheapest place to park?

ill need it for the whole day

Why not just get a bus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭event

i live in louth

Advertisement