Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

dont mean to piss in anyones' soup, but didn't they take the summer off last year? April or May to September with no updates..

They've not noticed it's now June, so everyone keep quiet!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Part three of Our Doubts Are Traitors should be up later tonight with any luck.

peatcass wrote: »
    dont mean to piss in anyones' soup, but didn't they take the summer off last year? April or May to September with no updates..

They've not noticed it's now June, so everyone keep quiet!:)

Was April last year. Was when they reached the end of chapter 12, wheich was the final chapter to be included in the cd version.

Think it is going to be the same this time in that the 12 episode of season 2 (chapter 24) is the cut off. So the 27th June will most likely be the season finale with the third part of chapter 24.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Part three of Our Doubts Are Traitors should be up later tonight with any luck.

It is up in 2 hours and 17 minutes from the time on this post. Just checked their main site and they have a countdown timer to the time it goes up

Anyone else listened to it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

So, it seams Saul got fed up with waiting, know how he feels, another two weeks till the next episode.

They found another chopper near at the hospital too, should be interesting, I pridict there will be a returne of the man in the pin-striped suit when they go to get that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

at first when libby was all gagging and vomiting, i was thinking she was pregnant!
    Still wouldnt rule it out though!
    Bit crazy of saul, he has nfc where she is, and he is still weak and on antibiotics...

I wonder will we come across that skittles guy again?

Very short episode again though :(

Not a great episode. Might be interesting to see what gets expanded upon with regards to ground zero.

I still think that Kalani is the traitor though. Little things that he says seem designed to sow seeds of discontent and he is always on hand with a comment to cast doubt on the abilities of one person or another.

Plus he seems to attach himself to whatever person is in charge and then almost discard them if a new person is in charge.

When Burt was in charge he was openly dismissive of Michael, and treated Burt like a super man, but now with Michael back in the saddle he seems to have no real use for Burt anymore.

The other chopper seems to be in a dangerous spot, my guess is that the mallers are waiting for for the Tower crew to get the choppers and will be waiting for them at the army base.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm new to the Zombie Survival forum, but have been lurking for a while... I saw the link to We're Alive a while back and got hooked, I didn't want to post until I'd listened to the whole thing! I'll probably find it annoying waiting for episodes to be released now though :(
    DakotaYoda wrote: »
    And where did this Lewis guy come from?? Don't remember him at all. To bring him in and not even mention Steven is a bit off. Lewis could have spilled a bit of gas on himself to stink and cover his tracks after he shot Pippen.
    I think the reason they mentioned him is because there were only four people who were unaccompanied when the alarm went off, and Steven wasn't one of them... Presumably he was with someone else. Although that brings in the possibility that there could be two of them in on it. I hope the traitor doesn't turn out to be a random character we haven't heard of before though, because that would be a bit of a cop out.
    I think Steven is being used as a red herring to throw people off. He just seems a bit too much like an obvious choice.
    Steven was the first person I thought of as well, since he has been nothing but a twat every time we've heard from him, also he was really insistent that he didn't want to go on guard duty while Pippin was there and whinged until he was given something else to do. It does seem a bit too obvious though.

Who can we definitely rule OUT as the traitor? Pippin definitely talked to Angel, Michael, Datu, Victor, Kelly, Tanya (not that she could be the original traitor anyway), who else?
    I'm thinking Kalani is the traitor. We only have his word that he came from the other tower, plus if we think back to when he was in the arena with Sarah and Datu, Sarah did not know who he was. He was just some guy on the floor. If he was from the other tower Sarah should have known him, especially if he is a distinctive guy due to his size/weight. But with Sarah dead there is no one to say he was not in the other tower as Hope is blind.

Plus it is only since he got to the tower that the Mallers arrived and had the right station for the CB.

I have a feeling that he is a Maller that got captured and taken to the arena and when he was rescued from there along with Datu he bided his time and passed on info to the Mallers.

Which led to the mallers attacking the tower, and if I am right, has led to the mallers leaving their mall just as Michael and the boys were about to attack it.

I also think that he has the Maller convoy enroute to either the fort or the Colony.
    This is an interesting idea! I don't remember Kalani and Pippin meeting face-to-face; Kalani was the one who originally saw him on the video monitors, and he was suspicious of him, he told the others to be careful because Pippin had a gun. I don't think Kalani actually went down to meet him at the gate with Angel and Datu though. If Steven really is a red herring, then it is probably also supposed to throw us off that Kalani and Datu went out on a mission just before the alarm went off; though the timing must have been incredibly close because when Michael was telling Angel to look for holes in people's stories, he specifically said to include Datu and Kalani in the grilling.
    Also, if he is a Maller then maybe that is why Skittles recognised him... Skittles had said that he thought Angel and Kalani were 'the bad people' before he rescued them, and Kalani brushed him off quite brusquely when Skittles asked if he knew him.

It could also be Riley, however; when Michael and Angel rushed downstairs to check on Hope, they bumped into her in the stairwell. They asked if she had seen anyone, and she said no. She was one of the people with no alibi. Maybe she got drunk to prepare herself for killing in cold blood? Michael and Angel don't seem to have considered her as an option, maybe because they are close to her and trust her? Wouldn't it make it all the more devastating if she turned out to be the traitor, though, rather than it being a random character we haven't met before? However, she has been in the story since the first episode, which means she couldn't have lived with the Mallers after the outbreak happened. Perhaps she was in jail with them before everything happened, and has some sort of loyalty to them. As DakotaYoda has already said, we don't know anything about her history.

• Advertisement

Fishie wrote: »
    I'm new to the Zombie Survival forum, but have been lurking for a while... I saw the link to We're Alive a while back and got hooked, I didn't want to post until I'd listened to the whole thing! I'll probably find it annoying waiting for episodes to be released now though :(

I think the reason they mentioned him is because there were only four people who were unaccompanied when the alarm went off, and Steven wasn't one of them... Presumably he was with someone else. Although that brings in the possibility that there could be two of them in on it. I hope the traitor doesn't turn out to be a random character we haven't heard of before though, because that would be a bit of a cop out.

Steven was the first person I thought of as well, since he has been nothing but a twat every time we've heard from him, also he was really insistent that he didn't want to go on guard duty while Pippin was there and whinged until he was given something else to do. It does seem a bit too obvious though.

Who can we definitely rule OUT as the traitor? Pippin definitely talked to Angel, Michael, Datu, Victor, Kelly, Tanya (not that she could be the original traitor anyway), who else?

This is an interesting idea! I don't remember Kalani and Pippin meeting face-to-face; Kalani was the one who originally saw him on the video monitors, and he was suspicious of him, he told the others to be careful because Pippin had a gun. I don't think Kalani actually went down to meet him at the gate with Angel and Datu though. If Steven really is a red herring, then it is probably also supposed to throw us off that Kalani and Datu went out on a mission just before the alarm went off; though the timing must have been incredibly close because when Michael was telling Angel to look for holes in people's stories, he specifically said to include Datu and Kalani in the grilling.
    Also, if he is a Maller then maybe that is why Skittles recognised him... Skittles had said that he thought Angel and Kalani were 'the bad people' before he rescued them, and Kalani brushed him off quite brusquely when Skittles asked if he knew him.

It could also be Riley, however; when Michael and Angel rushed downstairs to check on Hope, they bumped into her in the stairwell. They asked if she had seen anyone, and she said no. She was one of the people with no alibi. Maybe she got drunk to prepare herself for killing in cold blood? Michael and Angel don't seem to have considered her as an option, maybe because they are close to her and trust her? Wouldn't it make it all the more devastating if she turned out to be the traitor, though, rather than it being a random character we haven't met before? However, she has been in the story since the first episode, which means she couldn't have lived with the Mallers after the outbreak happened. Perhaps she was in jail with them before everything happened, and has some sort of loyalty to them. As DakotaYoda has already said, we don't know anything about her history.

Listen to the podcast again. Datu and Kalani had not left when the alarm went off. They were questioned about it before they left.

Yep Skittles also reacted badly to Kalani but calmed down once he saw Angel.

I think that the time in the arena is the most damning bit about Kalani. He was in that room with a person from each tower, and neither knew who he was.

But once Samantha was dead (don't know why I called her Sarah in my other post :)), he suddenly said he was from the tower Sam was from. But listen to what Samantha says when Datu asks her about Kalani when they are in the room. She says she does not know who he is and she has not seen her before.

Samantha's version is most likely the truth because we have Hope to back up who Sam was.

I think that Kalani may be a maller who was part of an earlier attempt to blow up the Arena but who failed and was captured.

This also makes sense as the Mallers used the tankers to blow up the tower and if we think back to when Burt, Saul etc first encountered the Mallers, that Scratch made some comment about needing the tankers and how the tankers were the property of the Mallers.

The Mallers being able to be gone from the Mall at the exact time Michael and the boys were attacking is another thing that points to Kalani ratting them out as he stayed behind in the tower when that attack was to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

FINALLY caught up on the last 2. Good stuff.

Stupid Saul... man. I can't believe he took off and left them.

Tanya - not turned but unconscious. What happened to her exactly? I hope she's ok!

Randy - who is he? He's a zombie now - but Michael mentioned him much earlier in the series, though I don't remember when exactly.

Randy - who is he? He's a zombie now - but Michael mentioned him much earlier in the series, though I don't remember when exactly.

When he was at the colony recovering from having his arm fixed, Hope said he'd been talking in his sleep and had said the name Randy. We weren't told how he knows him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Tanya - not turned but unconscious. What happened to her exactly? I hope she's ok!

looks like the Z's are catching survivors alive now to either use as food or experiment with to make Z's with different mutations ie fast Z's giant Z's etc
    it will be interesting to see what they witness at the hospital when the Z army and their captured survivors arrive
    i reckon its not going to be pretty, prob like the arena but more medical then just killing for sport

SUNGOD wrote: »
    looks like the Z's are catching survivors alive now to either use as food or experiment with to make Z's with different mutations ie fast Z's giant Z's etcit will be interesting to see what they witness at the hospital when the Z army and their captured survivors arrive
    i reckon its not going to be pretty, prob like the arena but more medical then just killing for sport

Their last stockpile of food was destroyed when their base in the arena was blown up, so I reckon that the Zeds have picked the huge hospital as their new base and were arriving enmasse to take it over and create and new giant pile of food (bodies) like the one Angel and Pegs hid in when they were at the arena.

Would also explain why the Zeds took Tanya alive, as they did the same with Samantha, Kalani, and Datu in the arena.

When he was at the colony recovering from having his arm fixed, Hope said he'd been talking in his sleep and had said the name Randy. We weren't told how he knows him though.

I reckon it is a family member or close friend.

• Advertisement

I think randy has something to do with when he disappeared and broke his arm. Maybe he met another survivor and had to kill them before they turned, or they helped him and maybe died in the progress

Has anyone listened to the episode that went up today? Need to discuss it!

Also, there is no episode next week because it's the 4th of July, so two weeks of waiting.... Arrgh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

sorry to make ruin the run of this thread,but I finally checked this out,i'm up to episode 10 and I just want to thank you for finding this it's amazing.

I'm so writing an rpg of this :pac:

Has anyone listened to the episode that went up today? Need to discuss it!

Also, there is no episode next week because it's the 4th of July, so two weeks of waiting.... Arrgh!

Ok listened to it this morning.

yeah great episode, so tense at the end with angel and burt trapped
    any thoughts on if or how they escape?
    maybe kalani gets the chopper going and drives by the wimdow matrix style:D

• Advertisement

SUNGOD wrote: »
    yeah great episode, so tense at the end with angel and burt trapped
    any thoughts on if or how they escape?
    maybe kalani gets the chopper going and drives by the wimdow matrix style:D

First thought was Kalani gets the chopper going, and then use the improvised rope to hang from the chopper for Burt and Angel to grab.

But I have a feeling it may turn out to be something less obvious than that.

Great episode! They have 2 sheets left i believe.
    They wanted to get to the roof several stories below, but since they don't have enough, how about just going one level down?
    Angel lowers bert out window using both sheets, angel kicks in window and enters floor below. Bert could then either add more sheets/material if available, or secure his end in the room, hold on and let angel swing on down into the room!
    Granted its dangerous, but hell its freeeakkkking zombies out there man!

Either that or bert mentioned the sheet tore because it was rubbing on the ledge. Wonder would the ledge allow them to go to adjoining rooms?

Also i was thinking riley was a lesbanian, who knew!

phill106 wrote: »
    Also i was thinking riley was a lesbanian, who knew!

She hasn't quite professed her love for Angel, although it felt as if she was about to...

What I really wanted to discuss about this episode - did anyone catch what the zombie said on Lizzy's recording? You hear her and the mallers getting into the truck and driving off, then some zombies near the recorder, and then it really sounds as if one of them said something... I couldn't quite make it out, first I thought he said "No" but then when I relistened it sounded more like "Mo"...

As for Angel and Burt, I have a horrible feeling one of them might die! We are nearing the end of the season after all.

Could be move....

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭shantolog

I honestly thought Riley would fire an arrow with the sheets attached ala Robin Hood, which she said she loved as a child... Any thoughts on that happening?

shantolog wrote: »
    I honestly thought Riley would fire an arrow with the sheets attached ala Robin Hood, which she said she loved as a child... Any thoughts on that happening?

think it would be too heavy, unless she managed to have thin long part of the blanket attatched first, long enough to make that shot which was in turn attatched to rest of blanket.

Im now thinking a diversionary explosion by riley using the c4 while other chap gets the chopper.
    Either that or bert and angel use the 2 blankets to abseil down to the room directly below, shoot in the window and continue on down the same way, or through the building. Actually that could tie in with the riley explosion idea too.
    Only issue is the door, do they need to keep someone holding the door so zombies wont get in...

Only other way i can think of is the blanket rope that fell, tied to the stuts of the chopper, and they dive out the window like a good old fashioned a-team/macgyver episode!

We don't have too long to wait in order to find out :)

Good episode.

We finally got to hear how Burt's little C4 project worked.

We had the guy/creature from the arena pop up at the hospital plus what sounded like the tattoo machine that puts the numbers on some of the creatures.

Still trying to figure out if the arrow hit the creature whilst he stood still in the hallway or if, as it came across to me, he caught the arrow in midflight.

Saul at the very end saying that he could offer the mallers somebody they wanted in exchange was interesting. A genuine offer by Saul or just a ploy?

And if genuine who is Saul going to offer? Could it be Pegs for killing the brother of Scratch or maybe Angel seeing as Scratch said she knew Angel from somewhere.

Good episode.

We finally got to hear how Burt's little C4 project worked.

We had the guy/creature from the arena pop up at the hospital plus what sounded like the tattoo machine that puts the numbers on some of the creatures.

Still trying to figure out if the arrow hit the creature whilst he stood still in the hallway or if, as it came across to me, he caught the arrow in midflight.

Saul at the very end saying that he could offer the mallers somebody they wanted in exchange was interesting. A genuine offer by Saul or just a ploy?

And if genuine who is Saul going to offer? Could it be Pegs for killing the brother of Scratch or maybe Angel seeing as Scratch said she knew Angel from somewhere.

Definitely sounded like inky caught the arrow in his hand.

FINALLY got to listen to it.

Yeah - he caught the arrow mid-flight. Scary stuff - just who is/was that guy? Bad news bears for sure... and I'm curious what the tatoos mean for exactly.

Saul - he can't be the mole can he? I don't think so. I believe this is just to get Blondie back. He can't be the mole.... the conversation w/ Scratch would have been different. BUT - what's Saul gonna do? He's proven to a bit unstable lately so who knows. Hopefully he'll tell the others and get a plan together.

Not sure who he'd offer up but I guess I'd vote for Pegs for the same reason you mentioned Kess. Could be Angel. Could be Michael or Bert for smaller reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

anyone listening live?

Yup!

IF Riley is the snitch, things could go downhill very quickly here!

Very little chat here about the season finale.

So who does everyone think is dead?

Did they really wipe out some many of the main characters in one episode or will there be some, as I think there will be, other survivors bar the injured person Scarface found at the end of the episode along with who can only be Burt.

We know that one of the people the mallers knew on the inside was a he and one is a she.

My theory that Kalani was the snitch seems to be gone along with him now. :D Although there may be something in what he asked Angel to get from Bill's room that points the finger in his direction again as the "him"

Then again Scarface saying she has found what she was looking for as they took the injured man away could mean that is the male person they knew on the inside. Have a feeling that was Angel and that his connection to Scarface is something to do with his past history of hotwiring cars.

Most have been a whole heap of characters inside the tower when it collapsed, unless of course next season starts with some of those who went to the motor pool as having gotten out before it came down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

keep listening after the credits

Holy hell... didn't get to listen to the entire thing until now. Wow. Need to listen to it again for sure.

Pippen WAS a maller spy! At least I think that's what I heard...

So - for sure they're minus Kalani and whoever was left inside the tower.

Kalani's journal should be interesting reading, but it's with Angel... W/ Kalani's comment about "sorry about the flat", etc - I think he was one of the traitors but sure don't know for sure.

Burt can't be dead.... or he'd better not be. A guy like that can't go out falling from a zip line. Scratch's comment about "put him with the old man" makes it sound like he's gone though. OR - perhaps he's alive too and so is the other person they found.

Same for Angel. No way... he's gotta live to bring back Kalani's journal as a plot device. He could be the other person the mallers found.

Lots of questions left.... really DO need to listen to it again.

HAHAHAHAHA

This turned up via facebook from the We're Alive group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt7JuskB2FQ

THAT is freakin' great.

Kalani's journal should be interesting reading, but it's with Angel... W/ Kalani's comment about "sorry about the flat", etc - I think he was one of the traitors but sure don't know for sure.

Well "the flat" could be the flat they had with the behemoth thing out near the army base

And they mention at the end that the one they found was alive,barely but alive so it may mean burt is too.
    From an outside point of view,it can't continue with just the characters in the chopper the three soldiers have been the main characters all the way.

I think there will be a tragedy in the Saul/Lizzy storyline,I hope it doesn't just end with the hummer crash

completely agree with ginja ninja

and lifted this from the youtube comments which soms up the whole kalani traitor debate

"Kalani was the mole, they had Hannah as a hostage and were forcing him to do what they wanted, when he found out they killed her at the golfcourse he sacrificed himself to save the tower. It is likely the notebooks he told angel to grab while he was apologising were his confession."

edit: just thinking was kalina in the tower when pippen was shot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

dont think he was think he was at the airfield or en route to it.

Ahhh. Very nice catch on Hannah, etc.

Kalani was w/ Datu at the airport w/ the helicopter I do believe when Pippen was shot. Not positive though.

Need to listen to the finale again. Hopefully tday... and that hitler youtube video still freakin' kills me. Laughin' again this morning at it!!

Mallers said they have two of there people

Seems to be three spies - Kalani i'm sure was one, Pippen was another but he was shot by another person whom we don't know about.

What about in the hospital firing the arrow and it being caught by the zombie no one seems to have mentioned that.

Yeah there is still one rat left I think. Someone that made it out on the chopper? Who knows.

And the zombie w/ the ninja reflexes is most certainly scary. The whole tatoo'ing of the Z's, etc. Lots of unanswered questions there too.

I was thinking more than likely medical experiments,

- Subject 1, 2, 3, 4 etc
    - This is ingrained into the zombies/mutants and the ones who have some form of intelligence do it
    - Could be even more sinister though.

allanb49 wrote: »
    dont think he was think he was at the airfield or en route to it.

Nope he was in the tower. It gets mentioned that he and Datu were questioned in the tower before Michael let them head to the airfield.

• Advertisement

Nope he was in the tower. It gets mentioned that he and Datu were questioned in the tower before Michael let them head to the airfield.

Yup. Nice catch Kess. Read through some old posts on the WA forum and they all mention that.

Hard to believe Kalani would kill a person in cold blood... but when the baddies are holding someone hostage I suppose a person would do a lot of things.

some questions i still have; if kalani was in the arena before the woman [sam?] why was she taken before him?

Is there anything to say Victor isn't the last mole?he dodged questions abut his past if I recall and is the tough type to be one of the maller's

Also,did michael dissappear for a while in the last episode?I've only listened once,but wasn't there a gap or something between him leaving and meeting up with Saul?

Any ideas about how he knew a zombie or how he escaped the large one at the water plant yet?

some questions i still have; if kalani was in the arena before the woman [sam?] why was she taken before him?

Is there anything to say Victor isn't the last mole?he dodged questions abut his past if I recall and is the tough type to be one of the maller's

Also,did michael dissappear for a while in the last episode?I've only listened once,but wasn't there a gap or something between him leaving and meeting up with Saul?

Any ideas about how he knew a zombie or how he escaped the large one at the water plant yet?

The bigger question is that if Kalani was from the second tower as he claimed he was, then why did Sam not know who he was? :D

The bigger question is that if Kalani was from the second tower as he claimed he was, then why did Sam not know who he was? :D

Well, the way I see it is that they could both have been taken around the same time, while the attack was ongoing at the other tower (Sam's), and then when Sam was taken instead of Kalani by the Z's it was just unlucky for her. It's unclear if Kalani was a prisoner or just caught up with them, but that would explain how they didn't know each other, but he knew about the tower. He could've been listening to Sam and Datu the whole time at the arena and just used her story as his own when he was being questioned after the rescue.

The third rat is a girl, Scratch mentioned her in the finale, so I'm sticking with Riley, and it would explain why the Mallers killed Hannah without further delaying Michael, Saul and the gang, since they'd know her as their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Did anyone ever think that the Rat might have been someone very unexpected? Like Michael?

Unlike some of the others such as Riley, Michael has been unaccounted for outside the tower a few times when he could have run into the mallers and made a deal with them. Like after the Water treatment plant. Maybe they helped him out then, and he owed them one.

Also, after his fall from grace, when Burt took over, he may have had a grudge to bear.

Just sayen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement