Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

145791022

Comments



  • touts wrote: »
    Are they still on a break this week?

    Yep.

    Next Monday is when they are back.




  • SUNGOD wrote: »
    i think the writers deffinitely have the Zs responsible for that ambush.
    they went into quite a bit of detail explaining why it was them and i dont think it is of any use to the plot if someone explains at this stage that they were wrong about something that happened so long ago and more importantly that has no bearing on current events.

    also i think the reason its easier to move around make noise and dont see as many Zs is because i have tha feeling the Zs are on the move or they are regrouping/organising into some kind of structured force


    on a different topic im guessing these Zs cant reproduce in the normal way so i wonder what kind of lifespan they have.
    if its the same as humans then as long as some humans survive and reproduce the whole Zombie outbreak is one big waiting game


    Listen to chapter 10, and Samantha mentions how their convoy was attacked first, and then their tower got hit. Had totally forgotten about that tower having a convoy that was hit, so that probably blows my earlier thoughts out of the water, and it has me now thinking that the woman Saul and Vic met may be from Samantha's tower as when she was talking to Datu in the arena she mentions how far ahead of Tower 1 they were in terms of figuring things out like the Zeds being attracted to sweat, in terms of growing food, and in terms of having the tower fortified.

    Will probably listen to Chapter 11 tonight so must listen carefully as to what esle she says about Kalani.




  • I think that the ease of movement that the characters are enjoying at the moment could be because of the attrition suffered by the Zombie Population in the locality of the tower.
    Several engadgments with the tower it self, at least on large battle with the Mallers, what seems like constant attrition around the clonony as well as having their stadium blown up, all of which must have taken their toll on a population that can no longer to any significant degree increase its numbers.

    As for those still around, I would imagin they are preparing to go after the Mallers for revenge.




  • I think that the ease of movement that the characters are enjoying at the moment could be because of the attrition suffered by the Zombie Population in the locality of the tower.
    Several engadgments with the tower it self, at least on large battle with the Mallers, what seems like constant attrition around the clonony as well as having their stadium blown up, all of which must have taken their toll on a population that can no longer to any significant degree increase its numbers.

    As for those still around, I would imagin they are preparing to go after the Mallers for revenge.


    I don't quite buy that because in the past even when Michael & co went a long distance from the towar (and from the arena etc) they always came across the creatures, and any kind of noise drew them in.

    If we think back to when Michael, Pegs, and Kelly went to the coast and stayed by the beach. They still came across creatures then, and there was even some kind of aquatic creatures at that point.

    The Colony is another area that was riddled with creatures and they were unable to keep the numbers down up to the point when Michael etc got there. And since then there was a bloody coup or at least an attempted coup at the colony so the human numbers there have to be down.

    Plus when Michael etc were flying to the army base they saw huge numbers of the creatures in the city before they got to the army base so it all points to there being plenty of the creatures, plus if most of the population either became a creature or food for them, then there would most likely be plenty of nests in the area as the city and surrounding area had a population that ran into the millions.

    Plus when after the tower came down Saul and Vic saw the gatherer creatures arrive to take away the bodies, so if they are still taking the bodies away, then they have to be still around and bringing them to another nest.

    Just seems odd that in season three so far there has been plenty of noise. The helicopter landing (then staying in the same place for hours), Saul/Vic in their big loud diesel truck, the clash with the behemoth which involved a heavy calibre gun blasting away, the gun shot when Saul, tackled the woman by the fruit garden etc. But there has been really nothing more than screams in the distance from the creatures save for the behemoth.

    I also don't get why there was never a behemoth attack on the tower as there have been a number of behemoths so far in the series, and even more odd is the fact the creatures never used the tiny version creatures to try and get into the tower. Those small things were fast, agile, and perfect for getting into small gaps in a defence.

    Every since Michael's broken arm and the way he resurfaced after that, I have wondered if there was someone he knew in creature form that offers him a little protection from the full fury of the creatures in terms of attacks.




  • Kess73 wrote: »
    I don't quite buy that because in the past even when Michael & co went a long distance from the towar (and from the arena etc) they always came across the creatures, and any kind of noise drew them in.

    If we think back to when Michael, Pegs, and Kelly went to the coast and stayed by the beach. They still came across creatures then, and there was even some kind of aquatic creatures at that point.

    The Colony is another area that was riddled with creatures and they were unable to keep the numbers down up to the point when Michael etc got there. And since then there was a bloody coup or at least an attempted coup at the colony so the human numbers there have to be down.

    Plus when Michael etc were flying to the army base they saw huge numbers of the creatures in the city before they got to the army base so it all points to there being plenty of the creatures, plus if most of the population either became a creature or food for them, then there would most likely be plenty of nests in the area as the city and surrounding area had a population that ran into the millions.

    Plus when after the tower came down Saul and Vic saw the gatherer creatures arrive to take away the bodies, so if they are still taking the bodies away, then they have to be still around and bringing them to another nest.

    Just seems odd that in season three so far there has been plenty of noise. The helicopter landing (then staying in the same place for hours), Saul/Vic in their big loud diesel truck, the clash with the behemoth which involved a heavy calibre gun blasting away, the gun shot when Saul, tackled the woman by the fruit garden etc. But there has been really nothing more than screams in the distance from the creatures save for the behemoth.

    I also don't get why there was never a behemoth attack on the tower as there have been a number of behemoths so far in the series, and even more odd is the fact the creatures never used the tiny version creatures to try and get into the tower. Those small things were fast, agile, and perfect for getting into small gaps in a defence.

    Every since Michael's broken arm and the way he resurfaced after that, I have wondered if there was someone he knew in creature form that offers him a little protection from the full fury of the creatures in terms of attacks.



    I think we have to consider that the numbers of specialised creatures were very limited from the start, it was mentioned by the crazy guy that he thought that the Jumpers were all gone, I think it could have been that there was an experiement to create a new weapon in the form of creatures with super strenghts, and that those specialised creatures were all created before the outbreak, and that only normal creatures have be produced since.
    Also, Despit the display of leadership and intelligence displayed at times, I think it is fair to assume that the Z's are still fairly disorganised, especially as you get further from the city. Comunication seems to be limited to a few forms of howls, so over long distance any effective organisation would be impossible.

    My earlier point was not that the Z population was broken in the city, but just depleated in the vacinity of the tower.


  • Advertisement


  • I think we have to consider that the numbers of specialised creatures were very limited from the start, it was mentioned by the crazy guy that he thought that the Jumpers were all gone, I think it could have been that there was an experiement to create a new weapon in the form of creatures with super strenghts, and that those specialised creatures were all created before the outbreak, and that only normal creatures have be produced since.
    Also, Despit the display of leadership and intelligence displayed at times, I think it is fair to assume that the Z's are still fairly disorganised, especially as you get further from the city. Comunication seems to be limited to a few forms of howls, so over long distance any effective organisation would be impossible.

    My earlier point was not that the Z population was broken in the city, but just depleated in the vacinity of the tower.


    Yeah but the vicinity of the tower is pretty much the only spot where there actually has been contacts in season three. The behemoth was near there, and the gatherer creatures were there.

    As for the specialized creatures only being created before the outbreak. We don't actually know that. The tiny creatures only surfaced in season two as did the aquatic creatures. The behemoths have been in all three seasons, and the hospital in season two seemed to be some kind of specialized creature creation spot, and of course the arrow catching creature was there, and he also popped up inside tower 1 and also inside the other tower.

    What Skittles said about the jumpers was that he had not seen them in a while.

    There is also the possibility that the creatures may mutate over time to become one of the other types. Maybe based on certain characteristics they had whilst still human. Maybe runners become super fast creatures as we had creatures clocked at 50mph in season 1. Maybe body builders/weight lifters etc eventually mutate into behemoths and so on. It is not an outlandish theory seeing as the survivors already suspect that the smarter you were as a human then that trait carries over to when you are a creature.

    To go back to the behemoths. We have seen them in the water works, the arena (more than one there it seems), back at the old army base when Angel returned there, and then after the tower fell.

    It is the one after the tower fell that caught my ear, because that showed that there was still at least one of them around before the tower fell, and as such could have been used to break in as the behemoths go through solid walls easily enough.

    Also the tower coming down, coupled with the noise of convoys (the mallers), helicopters and Saul/Vic in their truck should have been like a dinner bell ringing for creatures miles away. Every other gun battle/loud noise seemed to eventually draw in hordes of creatures. If the country/world has indeed fallen to the creatures, then there should be millions and millions of them (if not billions on a world scale) still around, and in a city as big as what the tower is in, there certainly would be millions so something should have been drawn to the noise imho.

    Am quite enjoying going through season 1 chapter by chapter again though as every now and then there is something I had forgotten about regarding one character or another.

    Oh yeah and on Kalani being a mole. I still think he was one and always have, but the arena parts of the story have planted a seed in my head that he may somehow be a creature mole of some sort. Four times Kalani had been in the same building at the same time as the arrow catching super creature. Four seperate locations, and each time he was present to see that creature. Just seems to be something in the storyline in that for me, otherwise why have that sort of link.




  • Skittles, if I remember right, says something about the smart ones being "smarter" for a reason and has something to do w/ their previous occupation. Something about a badge one of them has, like an ID badge? Maybe I made that part up - just can't remember. Guessing that Z would have been a scientist or the like.

    Anyway - if there is some kind of serum/drug that, in addition to it's other side affects like turning you undead, boosts already existing traits, like brains in a scientist, muscles in a weight lifter, speed in a runner, etc it would sure make sense.

    To have that targeted of results it sure seems like we're dealing with a man made mess for sure...

    Why noise isn't bringing them out - I don't know. Either they are planning something organized and BIG or they've just been lucky in terms of where the Z's where while they were making noise.




  • DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Skittles, if I remember right, says something about the smart ones being "smarter" for a reason and has something to do w/ their previous occupation. Something about a badge one of them has, like an ID badge? Maybe I made that part up - just can't remember. Guessing that Z would have been a scientist or the like.

    Anyway - if there is some kind of serum/drug that, in addition to it's other side affects like turning you undead, boosts already existing traits, like brains in a scientist, muscles in a weight lifter, speed in a runner, etc it would sure make sense.

    To have that targeted of results it sure seems like we're dealing with a man made mess for sure...

    Why noise isn't bringing them out - I don't know. Either they are planning something organized and BIG or they've just been lucky in terms of where the Z's where while they were making noise.


    It was Burt who said about the id badge on one of the smart ones. He said it just after Saul and Angel rescued him in his gun shop.




  • There was something earlier on, possibly skittels again, about the standard Z's not really mixing with the Behemoths.




  • There was something earlier on, possibly skittels again, about the standard Z's not really mixing with the Behemoths.



    Yep that was said during the visit to the army base by Angel and Kalani. Think it was when you see a behemoth that the other creatures stay away. Have not started relistening to season 2 yet but I defo remember Skittles saying something like that alright when they were all hiding in the water tower.

    But that then flies in the face of the water works attack which had a behemoth and ordinary Zeds present, plus the arena had both mixing on the arena floor, and after Saul/Burt/michael arrived at the arena a behemoth came out and joined in the attack along with regular zeds.


  • Advertisement


  • I think the Behemoths see the other creatures as lunch, after all, if you are the biggest etc?

    When they were marching to the hospital did the creatures have the behemoths on chains I love the idea of the Little Ones, so creepy. Wouldn't mind hearing from Skittles again but don't think it will happen.

    The one who caught areas, isn't he the fella with the tattoos who came from the mental portion of the hospital?

    It would be interesting to know the organisation of these creatures in other areas where they may not a tattoo/striped figure.




  • I think the Behemoths see the other creatures as lunch, after all, if you are the biggest etc?

    When they were marching to the hospital did the creatures have the behemoths on chains I love the idea of the Little Ones, so creepy. Wouldn't mind hearing from Skittles again but don't think it will happen.

    The one who caught areas, isn't he the fella with the tattoos who came from the mental portion of the hospital?
    It would be interesting to know the organisation of these creatures in other areas where they may not a tattoo/striped figure.



    Yep he is the same one that was on top of the building watching Burt/Saul/Lizzie when they were near Easter Bay Prison, the same one that was in the arena, the one who got inside both towers, and the fecker can speak and use things like the keycode on the door of the tower.




  • I wounder how they will get Saul back together with the rest of the group? I would imagin they will have to eventually, I don't see it staying as two separate story lines till the end.




  • I wounder how they will get Saul back together with the rest of the group? I would imagin they will have to eventually, I don't see it staying as two separate story lines till the end.



    What I had forgotten about in the first season was many of the storylines had one of the characters talking about events in the past tense.

    Michael says things like "if I had known then what was to come I would never have done X" and many of the other characters say similar things about other events.

    It comes across very much like they were talking about things long after they happened, maybe even after everything was done and dusted.




  • Kess73 wrote: »
    What I had forgotten about in the first season was many of the storylines had one of the characters talking about events in the past tense.

    Michael says things like "if I had known then what was to come I would never have done X" and many of the other characters say similar things about other events.

    It comes across very much like they were talking about things long after they happened, maybe even after everything was done and dusted.


    Thats true actually, I wounder did any of the characters who have been killed off do that?




  • Thats true actually, I wounder did any of the characters who have been killed off do that?



    Started chapter 12: The War last night as part of my relistening to the entire first season , and up to that point the characters who have spoken about incidents in the past tense are Saul, Michael, Riley, Burt, and Pegs. Might give season two a re-listen soon to see if that pattern continued.




  • Kess73 wrote: »
    Started chapter 12: The War last night as part of my relistening to the entire first season , and up to that point the characters who have spoken about incidents in the past tense are Saul, Michael, Riley, Burt, and Pegs. Might give season two a re-listen soon to see if that pattern continued.


    Actually I think the past tense narating stuff was them reading what they were writing into their Diary after the event to keep a record of what was going on.




  • Actually I think the past tense narating stuff was them reading what they were writing into their Diary after the event to keep a record of what was going on.



    Don't think so as it would have to mean that they are reading it after events in season two, as there were comments made that hinted at things that happened in season two, one such comment hinted at the end of the tower. So if they were passing comment as if reading from their diaries then it suggests that they are doing so at a date that would be after where/when they are in season 3 atm.




  • New episode day. :D:D:D




  • It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up.It's up. :D


  • Advertisement


  • So what did everyone think? Ansered some things but not all. Michael is a moody fecker and Pegs (stupid name) makes it worse. Great to get some background on Chinwe. Love the part at the end.

    'Have a wonderful life with your cats'

    Love that line.




  • Well I think that pretty much means my comment months back about the woman being killed by the Mallers being someone close to Kalani and that he was working for the Mallers.


    The Michael/Pegs bit was a total waste of time tbh and ate up almost half the episode run time.


    Seven episodes into season three already and it is dragging. Have a feeling they are going to milk the Kalani back story over the next two episodes.

    What did catch my eye though was the artwork for this chapter. Looks like the hand of the tattooed creature. Maybe we will find out a bit more about him.




  • I thought the first 5 minutes of more of Michael playing the guitar and chatting to Pegs was a real low point in the series. Badly acted and nothing happened. It's slow pace actually reminded me of Harbour Hotel back in the 80s just before Lunch on RTE radio 1 (other than the hint of pre-marital sex which would never have happened in holy catholic Harbour Hotel, other than that is was mind numbing boring pointless conversation)

    The rest of the ep was good though. It is interesting that both parties are hearing the same back story at the same time. I bet one of them will get critical info that the others don't meaning the others are in danger. Perhaps that the Mallers have been working with with the people at the military base and that's where they are heading. That way Saul and Victor will head for the base to continue their search for Saul's girl (forgot her name it's been so long since she was actually in it) and down the line willl therefore be able to link up with Michael's group.

    And we finally got some Z action and combat even if it was in a flashback.




  • The maller convoy heading for the military base is something I voiced a while back, have a feeling that Durai will surface and we will discover what his miliatry background was, and of course there was one other thing in yesterday's episode that tied in with something that happened in the tower.

    Pippin. Now we know for sure that he did know who Kalani was.




  • Wow... finally got to listen to it. Things are starting to come together, story-wise but still a lot of questions to be answered.

    Yeah the opening was lame - but I think it did a decent job at showing how the main group's life has changed since they got to the base. They are actually BORED now. That is a huge change from what they were dealing with previously...

    I really liked the way they brought in Scratch and Latch at the end as Kilani's saviors. And Pippen - I liked him more previously. :)

    Good stuff overall!




  • DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Wow... finally got to listen to it. Things are starting to come together, story-wise but still a lot of questions to be answered.

    Yeah the opening was lame - but I think it did a decent job at showing how the main group's life has changed since they got to the base. They are actually BORED now. That is a huge change from what they were dealing with previously...

    I really liked the way they brought in Scratch and Latch at the end as Kilani's saviors. And Pippen - I liked him more previously. :)

    Good stuff overall!


    I think the opening segment was to show that Michael was content to have the routine and lack of personal freedom that is coming with the curfey and seems to be just accepting it and not questioning anything about it, but the others seem to be struggling with it and staying suspicious of their surroundings .

    Am convinced that when the base leader finally surfaces that it will turn out to be Durai. Now whether it will be Durai as Durai or him using a different name is another thing. Burt seemed to think that Durai was a similar level of marksman to what Burt was/is, so that defo suggests that he could be highly trained and highly skilled. Also Scratch/Latch commented on how Burt's shooting might be as good as Durai's.

    Of course we are assuming that the soldiers at the base are actually active soldiers as well and not convicts from the prison who had military backgrounds and as such would know how to pass as active soldiers.

    No way did the Mallers just leave their own base and travel in a full convoy without having somewhere lined up to go. I think we can rule out tower two as a destination for the Mallers because that is not very far from Tower one given that Saul commented that CJ saw the smoke when Tower 1 went down.

    Plus since the mallers had sent a team to blow up the arena whilst the main convoy was heading elsewhere, I think they were trying to prptect their rear from an attack as they left the city.

    Another thing just came to me, the arena blew up, but it could not have taken the majority of the creatures for one simple reason. There was an army of them (with different types of creatures) converging on the hospital when Burt/Angel/Reily/Kalani were getting the helicopter from the hospital. So that army of creatures along with the inked up creature were not in the arena when it blew up. So the lack of creatures in the city now is even more puzzling.




  • Still going througth the old episodes. Listened to Mark Of The Beast last night.

    Kalani knew the exact location of the army base before his daughter was killed. He gets Michael to give him the name of the base, the exact distance from the tower and where it is on a map.

    He was also on watch duty and radio duty before Michael/Burt/Angel/Reily/Saul geared up to attack the maller's stripmall.

    The maller convoy before it was attacked also had a mention over their radios of the direction they were going and it matched what Michael told Kalani so Maller have to be enroute to the base.

    Another thing I had forgotten was that before the mallers got to the arena their main convoy was attacked and that attack also had the other types of creatures in it, and the tattooed creature was at that attack as well. Which makes me think that the army of creatures that arrive at the hospital were those from the arena that had left it before the mallers arrived with their tankers.

    But it also brings me back to the question I posed earlier about the other types of creatures. They should still be about if they were able to attack the maller's convoy and be part of the creature army that entered the hospital, plus the creature numbers should be high due to that huge army of creature that was entering the hospital and the fact that the creatures were still turning ordinary humans into creatures right up to the time of the attack on the maller convoy.




  • Kess73 wrote: »
    Still going througth the old episodes. Listened to Mark Of The Beast last night.

    Kalani knew the exact location of the army base before his daughter was killed. He gets Michael to give him the name of the base, the exact distance from the tower and where it is on a map.

    He was also on watch duty and radio duty before Michael/Burt/Angel/Reily/Saul geared up to attack the maller's stripmall.

    The maller convoy before it was attacked also had a mention over their radios of the direction they were going and it matched what Michael told Kalani so Maller have to be enroute to the base.

    Another thing I had forgotten was that before the mallers got to the arena their main convoy was attacked and that attack also had the other types of creatures in it, and the tattooed creature was at that attack as well. Which makes me think that the army of creatures that arrive at the hospital were those from the arena that had left it before the mallers arrived with their tankers.

    But it also brings me back to the question I posed earlier about the other types of creatures. They should still be about if they were able to attack the maller's convoy and be part of the creature army that entered the hospital, plus the creature numbers should be high due to that huge army of creature that was entering the hospital and the fact that the creatures were still turning ordinary humans into creatures right up to the time of the attack on the maller convoy.


    I guess the lack of them in the city means they are going after the maller convoy? Maybe for a big showdown at the army base(With Saul/Victor showing up from the rear in the nick of time to save the day maybe?)




  • I guess the lack of them in the city means they are going after the maller convoy? Maybe for a big showdown at the army base(With Saul/Victor showing up from the rear in the nick of time to save the day maybe?)


    I don't think so. The convoy was gone a few days by the time we had the creature army arriving at the hospital which is in the opposite to the army base. Tattoo creature was at the maller convoy attack, but he was at the hospital at a later date when he caught the arrow that was shot at him.

    Tattoo guy is some kind of super human (super creature :D) as he proved too fast at least twice when Burt tried to shoot him, and the third time burt went to shoot him he only got his hand. Plus he has reflexes that are capable of allowing him to catch an arrow fired from fairly close range not to mention the optical ability to track that arrow in flight. Plus the time Burt shot him in the hand, that was after the creature had jumped from either the second or third floor of the tower and landed with no injuries, in fact he was able to start running at an extreme pace upon landing.

    I am wondering if the hospital is where the tatooed creature takes suitable candidates to be turned into the non regular type of creatures after all Kalani and Reily saw all sorts of wierd stuff on the floor where they came across him.


  • Advertisement


  • Yeah I like that idea Kess, that tattoo is collecting suitable candidates. I need to go back and listen to the old ones again too... I remember most of this stuff but it's a little fuzzy.

    So - could the hospital be their "base" for upgrades/conversion? And, if so, then what was the arena? Just food storage?


Advertisement