Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 21, Stage 18: Pinerolo - Galibier Serre-Chevalier 189km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

D3PO wrote: »
    that makes no sense at all. Timing points are the same for both groups. :confused::confused:

yeah sorry, blonde moment for me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

that makes no sense at all. Timing points are the same for both groups. :confused::confused:

I don't think they calculate the timing from fixed points on the road (except at things like sprint points or kom points), so it could be a factor -you often see times tumbling when a break is on a steep slope and the bunch are chasing (though I could be very wrong on this!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Contador is very far back...I hope he's not hurt, I really want some fireworks..and he's the man to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I don't think they calculate the timing from fixed points on the road (except at things like sprint points or kom points), so it could be a factor -you often see times tumbling when a break is on a steep slope and the bunch are chasing (though I could be very wrong on this!)

timing at fixed points is the only way you can time . id be interest in knowhing how else oyu could calculate a gap :D

• Advertisement

Roche looked quite strong in that quick glimse going over the top of the climb jsut there

Roche looked quite strong in that quick glimse going over the top of the climb jsut there

At the back of the group though. ;)

I wonder if Tommy will hold on...He just doesn't look like he's going to crack..yet.

John.Icy wrote: »
    At the back of the group though. ;)

god damn wheelsucker :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

timing at fixed points is the only way you can time . id be interest in knowhing how else oyu could calculate a gap :D

They could be using GPS on Moto1/Moto2 etc.

just like Dublin bus do :rolleyes: only properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

eeeerrrrr i wouldnt build your hopes up, seen too many epic stages just fizzle out

(but i hope it doesnt)

I'm enjoying it so far, and they're only over the first climb of the day. :D I have to say, this has been by far the most interesting Tour I can recall in years!

• Advertisement

Sky driving the peleton must be chasing down Jeannsson for Uran.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭obried26

Ah, what could have been for Wiggins eh? I think he would definitely have been in the mix today

lol that was class looked like that group were telling Jeannesson to f**k off back to the peleton. lol gotta lvoe the gesticulations :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Jeannsson pissing off his small group as he is the reason they are being caught, doesn't seem to be adding much to the effort.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anyone else having issues with the TG4beo player, nothing coming up for me :(

yeah that group hasn't a hope because of Jeannsson's presence.
    It happened the other day too when Jeannsson was in a breakaway.
    Roche said in his article that Sky chased down the breakaway and then stopped leading the peloton when Jeannsson was caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

CramCycle wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with the TG4beo player, nothing coming up for me :(

fine for me, but I can't access eurosport audio feed. Is that working for anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

itv 4 is gone on me, although with the amount of ads they have its off more than its on.

The break have passed through the feed zone, I hope Nico has stocked up on the fig-rolls!! :pac:

Go on TOMMY :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

G'wan Voeckler! :pac:

The break have passed through the feed zone, I hope Nico has stocked up on the fig-rolls!! :pac:

ITS TWO PIECES OF APPLE TART FOR THE MOUNTAIN STAGES DONT YOU KNOW ANYTHING :pac::pac::pac:

dub_skav wrote: »
    fine for me, but I can't access eurosport audio feed. Is that working for anybody?

Keeps saying it hasn't started yet and to come back later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭runsalot

im watching it fine on this link.
    http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-6.php

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

Is there anywhere doing online live audio commentary?.

http://www.sportscancer.com/

Channel 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Mosiki wrote: »

Thanks anyway but thats blocked at work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Aww poor frank schleck does like a camera pointing at him. Get over it for FFS Frank and cop on. Going to be a great stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

You could have a motorbike riding between the two groups at a known speed, and calculate that way, or take the current location of a rider in the break and in the bunch (using GPS), along with average speed and work it back that way.

...or use fixed points and ignore me totally :)

I found it ineresting when I found out Roches weight..on the ag2r website he's listed as 70kg, so he's gained a little from the Vuelta where he dipped under 70kg and he climbed much better than he ever has before. Compare to a climber such as John Gadret, who weighs 59kg. So Roche is abit heavy this tour to survive with the lighter guys up the mountains. This of course goes out the window if it's a case Ag2r haven't updated their profiles since a long time ago. :D

Roche looks comfy enough in the break.

• Advertisement

LOL does anyone know what the andys face looks like as all the camera in front of him can see is the back of his head.

Advertisement