Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 21, Stage 18: Pinerolo - Galibier Serre-Chevalier 189km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Did anyone notice the length of Voecklers' socks? :O

What do the rules have to say about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Great intro on TG4....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Contador doesnt need a Saxo bank rider in the break ... he's got two Euskatels up the road... whats the spanish for give me a tow and theres muchos moolah in it for you ... dont tell me Sachez wont be getting a brown envelope from AC if he goes onto win the tour, but say 27 secs
    I still cant warm to AC , he attacks when others have mishaps, I know its part of the game ...

cmon Roche... hes doing great stuff, now if only his team manger would let him ride the stage as he sees fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Nico had to get some mechanical help because he had some derailleur problems according to the TdF live ticker.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

AstraMonti wrote: »

He has the yellow jersey - he can do as he pleases!:p

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Nico had to get some mechanical help because he had some derailleur problems according to the TdF live ticker.
    who left Jean Gadret into the AG2R bike shed ....
    if Vockler keeps yellow today he will have held the yellow for 2 more days than AC has in his career... interesting stat.
    ps. I hope theres no serious crashes today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

AstraMonti wrote: »

6. The socks of the Euro Cyclist shall extend to within two (2) cm. of the main bulge of the calf muscle, and shall never extend further than one (1) cm. past said primary calf muscle bulge. All socks SHALL BE WHITE in colour with prominent logo placement.

unfortunately he's a pro and he's n the yellow jersey, he's french and he rides for a french team so effectively he writes the rules
    Contador doesnt need a Saxo bank rider in the break ... he's got two Euskatels up the road... whats the spanish for give me a tow and theres muchos moolah in it for you ... dont tell me Sachez wont be getting a brown envelope from AC if he goes onto win the tour, but say 27 secs.

errrr thats bike racing - always has been (esp if your team cant provide you with support)
    I still cant warm to AC , he attacks when others have mishaps, I know its part of the game ...

the schlecks seemed happy enough to go on the front after contadors accident on stage 1, andy schleck just complains more than anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

AC at the medical car...interesting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

At last with the breaks Roche getting some air time on TV. I wish him to do well today, a victory or a near victory will make this tour much better for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭LeoD

Is it possible to just listen to Eurosport anymore? Before you could listen to Eurosport audio on their website but that seems to have been removed now leaving Eurosport Player as the only option. I'm at work so can't have a video stream open but it was handy to listen to the stage and look at the live ticker every now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

just sat down for my extended lunch break :D... good to switch on and see nico getting some screen time. thats a good big breakaway. if they stick together and the suicidal individual breaks dont start to early they might have a chance of staying away.. that said, im sure the GC boys will be flying up the last climb so they'll need to hold a big gap til the bottom of the galibier

kmart6 wrote: »
    AC at the medical car...interesting!!!

he's just giving them a heads up on the damage he's going to cause today :D

LeoD wrote: »
    Is it possible to just listen to Eurosport anymore? Before you could listen to Eurosport audio on their website but that seems to have been removed now leaving Eurosport Player as the only option. I'm at work so can't have a video stream open but it was handy to listen to the stage and look at the live ticker every now and then.

Eurosport Live Audio Link :)

mahoo wrote: »
    he's just giving them a heads up on the damage he's going to cause today :D
    Can't repair the Schleck's broken dreams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The Animal that is "Hoogerland" is now at the front :D

Hoogerland_Image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

GILBERTS ON THE ATTACK

Does Sean Kelly have a cold?
    He sounds really weird :confused:

Does Sean Kelly have a cold?
    He sounds really weird :confused:
    He always sounds weird!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

Gilbert said on Eurosport he's riding a 36-27 today. What a wimp :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

DominoDub wrote: »

Got to feel quite sorry for Flecha, who came down nastier, if anything, in that incident (an unstitchable gash, anyone?) but who's been completely eclipsed by Hoogerland and his highly photogenic barbed wire...

• Advertisement

-K2- wrote: »
    Gilbert said on Eurosport he's riding a 36-27 today. What a wimp :rolleyes:

its nice to know he's human ;)...that is one relentless climb. the peleton is in serious trouble already. id say they're cursing that gilbert attack. its accelerated a lot since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

The break is losing time ...I really don't think Roche should have went for the break...breaks on days like today, whe their caught, they usually go ten minutes out the back. :D

John.Icy wrote: »
    The break is losing time ...I really don't think Roche should have went for the break...breaks on days like today, whe their caught, they usually go ten minutes out the back. :D

id say he's better off there at the moment. they seam to be going at a comfortable enough pace. he'd be out the back of the peleton already if he'd stayed put. . . dont think he'll be winning the stage though!

The break is losing time quickly, but alot of that is due to the breakaway riders being on the dericulously steep 2nd half of the climb whereas the main punch are on the "flatter" 1st half of the climb.
    If Roche does get caught, he will probably lose a massive amount of time, but that doesn't matter now. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

DominoDub wrote: »

Hoogerland_Image.png

WHERE CAN I GET THIS?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Is there anywhere doing online live audio commentary?.

It's O'Grady that's blown this to bits and catching the break!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

very true but then again I dont expect Roche will shoto his legs out like many do who delusinally give it everything thinking they will stay away :D:D

I still expect him to lose time but under 4 mins on the gc guys and to finish between 15th and 20th on the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

The break is losing time quickly, but alot of that is due to the breakaway riders being on the dericulously steep 2nd half of the climb whereas the main punch are on the "flatter" 1st half of the climb.

that makes no sense at all. Timing points are the same for both groups. :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

mahoo wrote: »
    he'd be out the back of the peleton already if he'd stayed put. . .

Ummm....Roche isn't that bad. :p

Advertisement