Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Esel wrote: »
    Anyone experienced any allergic reactions?
    Samba wrote: »
    Esel - no not personally but I've seen on a fair few forums that people have a tendency to have allergic reactions to PG more so than VG.
    Thanks for that. Seems that PG may be the culprit. I've e-mailed my supplier to asked whether the juices I bought have PG, and whether they sell any VG-only liquids.

I did a bit of googling, and apparently an allergic reaction to PG is not uncommon when vaping. My symptoms: big hive-type swelling on the side of my head (still there, but reduced in size) and swelling in the larynx area of my throat - very painful when swallowing food (this is gone now).

I hope it is a PG issue, as I want to keep vaping!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Thanks for that. Seems that PG may be the culprit. I've e-mailed my supplier to asked whether the juices I bought have PG, and whether they sell any VG-only liquids.

I did a bit of googling, and apparently an allergic reaction to PG is not uncommon when vaping. My symptoms: big hive-type swelling on the side of my head (still there, but reduced in size) and swelling in the larynx area of my throat - very painful when swallowing food (this is gone now).

Hmm, you can try VG or PEG and see if it's a difference. Other than that, over the counter antihystamines should bring some relief right away hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I've a spare bottle of Capuccino /Camal VG if you want to test it out?

Pm me and I can pop it in the post for you, it's no hassle, as I make daily runs down to the post office.

Samba wrote: »
    I've a spare bottle of Capuccino /Camal VG if you want to test it out?

Pm me and I can pop it in the post for you, it's no hassle, as I make daily runs down to the post office.
    That's very decent of you to offer, and I may yet take you up on that! I've just ordered some VG and some cartridges, so hopefully that will arrive before the weekend. In the meantime, back to the old ways.... :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Elevelyn wrote: »
    Also got some clearomizers.... 4 of them are broken!! one of the tubing is too wide and leaked everywhere and 3 of them have cracks at the bottom :(:( have emailed the suppliers and waiting to hear back

The bestshop clearo's appear to be a generic brand. They genuines are made by Royalsmoker as far as i know...they were in Royalsmoker branded packaging when I've bought them from other vendors...just got a pack from bestshop...haven't tried any yet, hopefully they'll be ok....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Gryzor wrote: »
    The bestshop clearo's appear to be a generic brand. They genuines are made by Royalsmoker as far as i know...they were in Royalsmoker branded packaging when I've bought them from other vendors...just got a pack from bestshop...haven't tried any yet, hopefully they'll be ok....

You should check them, if you look through the packaging you can see if there are cracks in them. When I emailed them about it they told me that they were getting on to their supplier as they are having alot of problems with their stock. They get back to you straight away are are very helpful.

P.S

Love your sig, Roland rules

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

So explain me why photo on the right side (and top left of website) here http://www.royalsmokers.com/Clearomizer.html looks exactly the same as this one ?
    Clearomizer%202.jpg

Opit wrote: »
    So explain me why photo on the right side (and top left of website) here http://www.royalsmokers.com/Clearomizer.html looks exactly the same as this one ?

Maybe i'm wrong, just my observation. Packaging is different than others I've bought. Filler needle is different...also found it strange that a manufacturer wouldn't put it's name on it's product??

Maybe i'm wrong, just my observation. Packaging is different than others I've bought. Filler needle is different...also found it strange that a manufacturer wouldn't put it's name on it's product??

Is nothing strange in this believe me. You can buy OEM product (no brand on the box), with manufacturer name or even with your own name.
    Next example Joyetech, no logo, no manufacturer name on thier products.

These are not the clearos i'm used to. All were ok, no cracks, but the tube is alot thicker than usual. The way I use them is on an ego, with the cone fitted for support. The cone won't fit over these ones. :(
    Usually I stick it in my pocket, can't do that now without the cone...too much of a risk of the tube breaking off....

not the end of the world, they do for arry tank innards...

• Advertisement

Can you buy a spare cone separately?

Not your ornery onager

Can you buy a spare cone separately?

For the ego, yep..

These are not the clearos i'm used to. All were ok, no cracks, but the tube is alot thicker than usual. The way I use them is on an ego, with the cone fitted for support. The cone won't fit over these ones. :(
    Usually I stick it in my pocket, can't do that now without the cone...too much of a risk of the tube breaking off....

not the end of the world, they do for arry tank innards...
    I tried edition 3,4 and now 5, none of them fits with ego cone. Only way is cut down the top part of the cone with angle grinder ;)
    Can't use the cone with Boge cartomizers, cleromizers, dual coil cartomizers - not big deal.

BTW CE3 is just behind the corner :)

I tried edition 3,4 and now 5, none of them fits with ego cone. Only way is cut down the top part of the cone with angle grinder ;)
    Can't use the cone with Boge cartomizers, cleromizers, dual coil cartomizers - not big deal.

My cone bought at vapourstore.ie works with all the above. First ones it won't fit are the bestshop clearos. These appear to be newer clearos...plastic tube is thicker on them....probably due to the earlier ones cracking around the base so easily...

CE3...any major changes??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surferdwb

I received clearomizers and a cone from thebestshop yesterday and the cone fits over the clearomizers no problem. Had some cracked clearomizers in the order I received, fired off an email to bestshop and received replacements this morning along with 3 dual coil cartomizers F.O.C., Now thats customer service!!

surferdwb wrote: »
    I received clearomizers and a cone from thebestshop yesterday and the cone fits over the clearomizers no problem. Had some cracked clearomizers in the order I received, fired off an email to bestshop and received replacements this morning along with 3 dual coil cartomizers F.O.C., Now thats customer service!!
    How's the air flow with the cone?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surferdwb

How's the air flow with the cone?

Air flow is a little muted compared to without the cone but I quite like it, it stiffens the draw a little but not too much, and feels a bit more solid and secure.

That's very decent of you to offer, and I may yet take you up on that! I've just ordered some VG and some cartridges, so hopefully that will arrive before the weekend. In the meantime, back to the old ways.... :D

No problem,

VG is a thicker liquid so try diluting it slightly with distilled water if you have any problems vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

I've been told Tesco are doing electronic cigarettes now?

Have to say never seen them in Tesco but hey very possible as ecigs are really becoming more and more popular (five of me friends are using them already:P). Actually me neighbour down the road is opening an ecig online shop. Am over the moon as won't be stuck from now on.She's only around da corner from me :D

I'm put off by the capacity of the clearos but I've found my answer.

Will look completely OTT but I don't care as long as i'm not smoking analogs.

Any cone that will fit around this? :D

http://www.uk-eliquid.co.uk/pages/arry-tank-tutorial

The attys have performed adequately for me but I've noticed they tend to be inconsistent, oddly enough I've found them more reliable when I don't fill my carts past the half way mark (on both mega and standard).

2nd one now in 4 weeks to develop a bad taste, probably easily remedied if i took it apart and gave it a good cleaning seems like more hassle than it's worth especially if there's better alternatives such as the Clearo, cleaning looks like a much easier job too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

I invested in the arry carto tank, brilliant device as the carto is always kept wet and I usually get 8-10 days out of the carto. Only downside is filling is a pain in the arse as is replacing the carto inside. Still I get more than a days vaping out of one tank.

Im liking the dual coil cartos at the minute and Im tempted to get the dcc arry tank!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

have 10ml bottles of tobacco and watermelon...any1 want to swap for menthol ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cassiopee24

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of e-cigs and I'm wondering about "vaping" in public places.
    Theoretically it's allowed but is it really tolerated? I know Ryan Air sells them so it should be OK with them but how about trains, pubs, restaurants?
    Would you care to share your experience with me?
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of e-cigs and I'm wondering about "vaping" in public places.
    Theoretically it's allowed but is it really tolerated? I know Ryan Air sells them so it should be OK with them but how about trains, pubs, restaurants?
    Would you care to share your experience with me?
    Many thanks.

I use it everywhere, even on the bus and I haven't had any trouble, but I don't really show it off, just blow the vapour downwards and nobody notices. Have had a few bouncers ask me about it out of interest on nights out but have never had any problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I've had a week to vape them now and I cannot reccomend irishvapers tofee caremel chocolate and coffee cream juices enough.. by god they're so tasty.

they're a bit sweet for an all day vape, but by god are they tasty.

I've had a week to vape them now and I cannot reccomend irishvapers tofee caremel chocolate and coffee cream juices enough.. by god they're so tasty.

they're a bit sweet for an all day vape, but by god are they tasty.

I cant see these flavours on the website, did you get samples?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.irishvapers.ie/green-europe/68-green-witch.html

oh, i got coffee creame chocolate not coffee cream

http://www.irishvapers.ie/green-europe/68-green-witch.html

oh, i got coffee creame chocolate not coffee cream

Thanks, think ill try these out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I've just realised I don't like menthol anymore ,I was never a fan of tobacco liquids, but I've got a terrible "GOO" on me for some tobacco liquid.Menthol has been my all day vape for over a year now. I rekon I'll try RY-4 and some standard stuff ,and I'll get some Joye tobacco liquid. What do you think people?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well Ry4 is the marmite of tobacco liquids so no harm in finding out what side of the fence you will end up on.

I notice Irish Vapers have the Joye liquid - http://www.irishvapers.ie/joeytech-e-liquid/84-30-ml-joyetech-e-liquid.html - I assume it is the same stuff anyway.

Only a Euro cheaper than vapourstore but they do have it in 24mg which could make it more value for money if you diluted it down to 18mg.

Advertisement