Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUX 2 launch date ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Meanwhile in Wexico.....

Mt Leinsters Second Mux Frequency - Channel 39 (The much sought after frequency and loved mux) is booming in with 7 new stations all labelled Future Service #. All test cards bar Channel 2 which is a HD carrier and playing HD footage of parts of Ireland and Channel 5 which is the News Now Channel.

Same with Forth Mountains second Mux on CH 56.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I've done an auto scan on a few TVs and I notice that the channels on Mux 2 are allocated TV LCNs 11-17, Radio LCNs 211-220 (Mux 1 LCNs 1-8 & 201-209).

LCN 9 & 10 are skipped on the TV channels and 210 on the radio channels.

Mux|EPG #/LCN| Channel
    1|01|RTÉ 1
    1|02|RTÉ 2
    1|03|TV3
    1|04|TG4
    1|05|RTÉ News Now
    1|06|3e
    1|07|RTÉjr
    1|08|RTÉ 1 +1
    |09|
    |10|
    2|11|Future Service 1 Test card
    2|12|Future Service 2 1080i HD promo
    2|13|Future Service 3 Test card
    2|14|Future Service 4 Test card
    2|15|Future Service 5 RTÉ News Now
    2|16|Future Service 6 Test card
    2|17|Future Service 7 Test card
    ||
    1|200|RTÉ Radio 1
    1|201|RTÉ Radio 1 Extra
    1|202|RTÉ 2fm
    1|203|RTÉ Lyric FM
    1|204|RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta
    1|205|RTÉ Pulse
    1|206|RTÉ 2XM
    1|207|RTÉ Choice
    1|208|RTÉ Gold
    1|209|RTÉ Chill / RTÉ Junior
    |210|
    2|211|Future Service (RTÉ Radio 1)
    2|212|Future Service (RTÉ 2fm)
    2|213|Future Service (RTÉ Lyric FM)
    2|214|Future Service (RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta)
    2|215|Future Service (RTÉ Radio 1 Extra)
    2|216|Future Service (RTÉ Pulse)
    2|217|Future Service (RTÉ 2XM)
    2|218|Future Service (RTÉ Choice)
    2|219|Future Service (RTÉ Gold )
    2|220|Future Service (RTÉ Chill / RTÉ Junior)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Found nothing on Mux 2 either from Woodcock Hill and Maghera.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

I notice that when HD video is running on LCN 12, Future Service 2, the subtitles is also there but it link to RTE2

Souriau wrote: »
    I notice that when HD video is running on LCN 12, Future Service 2, the subtitles is also there but it link to RTE2

Future Service 2 will probably become RTÉ2 HD when it transfers to Mux 2 in due course, hence the subtitles. This could Saorview's first retune event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

The Cush wrote: »
    Future Service 2 will probably become RTÉ2 HD when it transfers to Mux 2 in due course, hence the subtitles. This could Saorview's first retune event.
    Interesting to know what will replace RTE2 HD slot on Mux 1,
    TG4?

Souriau wrote: »
    Interesting to know what will replace RTE2 HD slot on Mux 1,
    TG4?

Spare capacity for future services.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

RTE1 HD ??

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    RTE1 HD ??

?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

The Cush wrote: »
    ?

Why not? The Dept says that RTE 1 HD must be up & running before a specific date. From reading posts round here I have yet to see anything that prohibits them launching before the deadline.

• Advertisement

From reading posts round here I have yet to see anything that prohibits them launching before the deadline.

There is nothing that we know of that prevents them from going HD other than the Ministerial approval requirement. They have not indicated to date when RTÉ1 will go HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

I have three different 'aerials' for Saorview and all of them have a lower signal strength on the second mux. [I get my Saorview from 3Rock].
    3 Rock coming into S.Down 100%,and 1080i on Ch 58.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

reboot wrote: »
    3 Rock coming into S.Down 100%,and 1080i on Ch 58.

In S. Down, how do you know which transmitter you are getting it from as 3Rock is on a SFN with Kippure?

In S. Down, how do you know which transmitter you are getting it from as 3Rock is on a SFN with Kippure?
    Good question,don't know ,other than someone on boards suggested it as Mux 1 was on Ch 54,but I may stand corrected?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Just to confirm: Mux2 on same setup as above for Mt. Leinster on Truskmore and Castlebar. Both on about same power as Mux1.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

By doing a scan on the analogue channels you can find out which transmitter you are actually receiving. I found this very helpful and it details which frequencies the analogue channels are broadcast from 3 rock or kippure.
    As it happens all I get are the Kippure channels and as I verified earlier bot signal strength/quality are 58/100 for both DTT muxes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

reboot wrote: »
    Good question,don't know ,other than someone on boards suggested it as Mux 1 was on Ch 54,but I may stand corrected?

Both Kippure and 3Rock use 54 for mux1 and 58 for mux2. I cannot see Kippure from where I am, but you can see both Txs.

shinobi wrote: »
    By doing a scan on the analogue channels you can find out which transmitter you are actually receiving. I found this very helpful and it details which frequencies the analogue channels are broadcast from 3 rock or kippure.
    As it happens all I get are the Kippure channels and as I verified earlier both signal strength/quality are 58/100 for both DTT muxes.
    Thanks for the info,both Txs coming in on analogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

ch 25 for castlebar mux2

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Nothing on mux 2 from Maghera yet. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

John mac wrote: »
    ch 25 for castlebar mux2

Am getting no mux 2 from Ch 25. Just the 8 tv stns on mux 1.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

Am getting no mux 2 from Ch 25. Just the 8 tv stns on mux 1.:confused:

should be 17 channels on 22. (mux1)

on my usb tuner i am not getting any mux2 (but then the aerial is only a single type that came with the tuner,and is stuck onto the radiator). but on the tv (attic aerial) (mpeg2) i can get the future channels on ch 25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

My Walker Saorview set tob box has automatically tuned in the contents of Mux 2. At the time of posting I was watching the HD promo on Future channel 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

im picking up 17 future service channels at the moment:

future service 1 - 7 and then the rest are just as in another 10 are just labelled future service.

Future Service (No Numbers Allocated)

The 10 non numbered Future Service Channels are broadcasting Digital Audio Content aka radio
    Frequency: 618mhz - channel 39 I think

The Future Service 1-7:

1,3,4,6,7 have a rte nl broadcasting offline page (not sure what its proper name is - maybe test card)
    2 is a active viewing loop feed i think (maybe HD but ive no way in testing the bit rate in media centre)
    5 is a copy of rte news now with an accurate epg present

Frequency: 618mhz = ch 39

Looks like I can confirm as well as others earlier that the second mux in the mount leinster area is fully fired up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

Nothing on mux 2 from Maghera yet. :(

17 future services north kerry ch44

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

aren't they working on the new mast in Maghera at present, seems pointless turning mux 2 on until the gear is ready on the new mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    aren't they working on the new mast in Maghera at present, seems pointless turning mux 2 on until the gear is ready on the new mast.

Mux 2 on channel 55 from Maghera has been live for a while, signal & quality levels are on par & sometimes better than mux 1 on channel 48. Mux 2 still firing blanks though:( Any idea when the new mast works are due for completion?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Ch 25 for Mux 2 has the "Future services" at Holywell Hill too. Haven't checked the Letterkenny Mux 2 (ch 57) yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

I strongly suspect that Three Rock has no mux2 yet.

I'm three miles north of it, line of sight, and receiving mux1(ch54) at 80-85% on an old but serviceable Colour King (grid aerial) pointing directly at it. No sign at all of any signal from ch58.

Experimenting with the other aerial (another grid, with an amp), eventually found a signal from the east/northeast on ch58 - turned out to be a Winter Hill transmitter, thanks to the current weather conditions - it's normally not present.

A friend in Tallaght who can see both Three Rock and Kippure was receiving both muxes 54 and 58 on Wednesday, but that was before mux2 went active.

• Advertisement

Booms wrote: »
    I strongly suspect that Three Rock has no mux2 yet.

I'm three miles north of it, line of sight, and receiving mux1(ch54) at 80-85% on an old but serviceable Colour King (grid aerial) pointing directly at it. No sign at all of any signal from ch58.
    I think so too. I'm getting mux 1 with 85% strength and 100% quality whereas on mux 2 I'm only getting about 45-55% with a high number of errors. I think I'm getting it from Kippure rather than Three Rock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement