Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUX 2 launch date ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

What's the story with mux 2 it's been fired up all week with nothing on it? Is RTE TWO HD expected to be moved over in the coming days?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

What's the story with mux 2 it's been fired up all week with nothing on it? Is RTE TWO HD expected to be moved over in the coming days?

Not until Mux 2 is rolled out at all sites I'd expect.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Fredd wrote: »
    mux 2 on channel 58 from 3 Rock seems to be at a much lower level than channel 54. Is it possible that 3 Rock is not transmitting the second mux and what I'm getting is from Kippure?

I can not get Kippure, so it is 3Rock and I get a lower signal as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Seems to be on 55 from Maghera ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

55 on Maghera, Casla is 43 I think and Tonabrocky is 23 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

How can you tell Ch55 is on from Maghera ? Is there signal but no channels or is there a duplicate of Mux1 i.e. 2nd set of 18 channels

I have 95% signal on Samsung TV for Maghera Ch48 but nothing coming in on Ch55 ?

How can you tell Ch55 is on from Maghera ? Is there signal but no channels or is there a duplicate of Mux1 i.e. 2nd set of 18 channels

On a retune the scan will pause for longer than normal on a frequency that has a carrier, searching for any content and then continue when it finds nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

Mux 2 on ch56 Suir Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

TSReader show Mux 2 is at 40mbps while previous was just 24mbps
    Sill nothing on it, just lots of low bandwidth activity,
    Don't know if it is noise or something but see the snapshot
    on first was a soild 100% spare, 0x1fff, now is lots of 0x????

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

40Mbps makes no sense unless higher QAM and no FEC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

Getting signal on Ch. 39 here in westest Wales. Was up to 100% signal and 70% quality but no channels on a Philips freeview box this morning. Signal has halfed over the course of the morning.

Has Mt. Leinster been fired up? No real improvement in analogue signals.

** EDIT: It's gone now, must have been atmospheric conditions earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Picking up second mux from Forth Mth (I think) on 56V no channels yet. Slightly lower signal than 52V.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Castletownbere muxes one and two confirmed here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72539852&postcount=5

TSReader show Mux 2 is back down to 24mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

I have Mux 2 coming in strong on channel 49 here in Cork (Spur Hill) but no channels on it. I get strength of 97% on Mux 1 (45) and 95% on Mux 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Did a quick scan today:

Mux 2 Letterkenny 57V
    Mux 2 Ballybofey 44V

• Registered Users Posts: 29 foxire

I am getting RTE signals from Cairn Hill and Truskmore. When I retune Channel 44 is blank as well as Channels 55 and 57.

Is Channel 44 coming from Cairn Hill and the other two Channels coming from Truskmore? My aerial for Brougher Mountain must be picking up the signal from Truskmore because the RTE aerial is directed towards Cairn Hill.

Are these blank channels for MUX 2?

foxire

foxire wrote: »
    I am getting RTE signals from Cairn Hill and Truskmore. When I retune Channel 44 is blank as well as Channels 55 and 57.

Is Channel 44 coming from Cairn Hill and the other two Channels coming from Truskmore? My aerial for Brougher Mountain must be picking up the signal from Truskmore because the RTE aerial is directed towards Cairn Hill.

Are these blank channels for MUX 2?

foxire
    Cairn Hill Mux 1 is 47. Mux 2 is 44
    Monaghan Mux 1 is 55
    Truskmore Mux 1 is 53, Mux 2 is 57

When I retune the channels, channel 53 comes in with the RTE and TV3 channels and then Channel 55 and 57 comes in blank. I don't know where the blank Channel 55 is coming from. It must be MUX 2.

foxire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Channel 55 is mux 1 from Monaghan (& Fanad too afaik).

Maybe it's too weak to show any services or maybe your receiver doesn't bother with duplicates?

• Advertisement

The first time Channel 55 appeared on the scan was at the same time that Channel 44 and Channel 57 appeared for the first time. My set top box scans Channel 47 and 53 but only shows one - either Channel 47 or 53.

This would mean that I am receiving signals from three different transmitters. The aerial that is directed towards Cairn Hill must be picking up Channel 55 although there are no TV channels picked up.

Mux 2 now testing with content as reported by Hibrasil earlier.

Posted this on the other thread
    The Cush wrote: »
    Mux 2 testing with content. Mullaghanish Ch. 24

RTÉ2 HD and RTÉjr/RTÉ1 +1 will occupy 3 of the slots and possibly a service or services that expressed an interest in the spare capacity on the PSB Muxes during the BAI consultation in March.

1080i HD video test loop running now on Future Service 2 (future RTÉ2 HD slot).
    RTÉ News Now on Future Service 5.
    Testcards on the other 5 TV channels and 10 duplicate RTÉ radio stations in the other slots

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Quite a big difference on power output. I am getting 22% vs 90% for mux 1. Both have the same quality level.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Both muxes are the same strenght and quality for me (99%) from Three Rock.

I am also receiving Mux2 from CH, both same strength and quality
    here is snapshot
    Bitrate is 24128kbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Much excitement!

Channel 12 has the Four Seasons in a Day HD promo playing.

36 channel frequencies in total I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

We could see a few radio stations popping up on DTT to then? I'm guessing Today FM/Newstalk might want carriage - especially newstalk as they are on Sky..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Apogee

698MHz/Ch49 up and running on Spur Hill

I have three different 'aerials' for Saorview and all of them have a lower signal strength on the second mux. [I get my Saorview from 3Rock].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

Mt. Leinster MUX2 on ch39:
    Future Service 1 Test card
    Future Service 2 HD promo playing
    Future Service 3 Test card
    Future Service 4 Test card
    Future Service 5 RTE NEWS NOW
    Future Service 6 Test card
    Future Service 7 Test card

Suir Valley MUX2 on ch56:
    Same as above