Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Damn this stuff sounds good, i get really tired by the end of my workout so i might get some.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,079 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Crikey, it's news to me... Fair enough!
    BSN also owned by Glenbia
    Might not suit but I find that IF there is a supplement shop nearby (bricks and mortar shop) then your best off going there. It might be a little bit dearer (its usually not) but each and every owner Ive ever dealt with was very appreciative of the business and discounted in the future, gave free shakers, gives me samples etc.

Nice to build a rapport with local businesses. Call me old school but you'll be better off long term.

Ditto, I but in Brick and Mortar unless there is a huge price difference

Man, reading about this on bodybuilding.com. The comedown sounds horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

AFAIK Jack3d contains the unnaproved DMAA, and therefore I would have thought that under the Psychoactive Substances Bill, the supplement stores could risk prosecution if they were unable to prove the substance is not being sold for human consumption.

Or is this law only applied to headshops de facto?

Pace2008 wrote: »
    AFAIK Jack3d contains the unnaproved DMAA, and therefore I would have thought that under the Psychoactive Substances Bill, the supplement stores could risk prosecution if they were unable to prove the substance is not being sold for human consumption.

Or is this law only applied to headshops de facto?

Yeah i thought nothing like that could be sold, i guess no-one really bothered to check. Makes a bit more sense why the store near me previously named "Amsterdam", is now called "The Muscle Shop".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

I have a stupidly high tolerance to pre-supps, i take jack3d once every 2 weeks and i get an effect, any more regular and i get nothing, guess ill just have to learn to work hard without it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nathansredarmy

Alri lads currently using maximuscle products that i hate the taste is dreadfull and im just getting constant stomach aches probaly from the fact i cant stand the taste,
    im on the look for new protein and was on universal nutrition and came across Kinetica sports whey protein.

Anyone used this? Has some decent reviews on the site but looking for a few more opinions before i get it ,is this a good muscle builder not looking to gain weight just lean muscle and tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nathansredarmy

Alri lads currently using maximuscle products that i hate the taste is dreadfull and im just getting constant stomach aches probaly from the fact i cant stand the taste,
    im on the look for new protein and was on universal nutrition and came across Kinetica sports whey protein.

Anyone used this? Has some decent reviews on the site but looking for a few more opinions before i get it ,is this a good muscle builder not looking to gain weight just lean muscle and tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

if taste bothers you then avoid. it tastes ****e and doesn't mix very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Mint for taste and quality.

It's very nice indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Kinetica is one of the best there is IMO. You can get cheaper but sometimes it taste disgusting and ends up in the bin or unused.
    Kinetica were giving away a lot of free samples, see if you can get a few to check the taste

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bruckey2345

I bought some recently , tasted nice and mixed well. I'd recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bruckey2345

I bought some whey recently just wondering when to take it after workout and in the morning or at night before bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

optimum nutrition chocolate or chocolate mint is like sex in your mouth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Mellor wrote: »
    BSN also owned by Glenbia

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Mint for taste and quality.

It's very nice indeed.
    optimum nutrition chocolate or chocolate mint is like sex in your mouth

Extreme Choc, didnt like choc mint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I have been thinking of buying some whey .
    I am trying to lose a little weight and tone up with weights machines.

There is so much reading in this one thread its hard to find.

My question is.

Instead of using whey shakes.

Could I not just drink a pint of low fat milk and get similar results in recovery?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,079 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hanley wrote: »
    :confused:
    Care to elaborate Hanley?
    Is it the fact that they own BSN or that I made a typo and spelt in Glenbia instead of Glanbia :pac:?

They bought BSN at the start of the year, for something like $150million

Mellor wrote: »
    Care to elaborate Hanley?
    Is it the fact that they own BSN or that I made a typo and spelt in Glenbia instead of Glanbia :pac:?

They bought BSN at the start of the year, for something like $150million

I knew they owned USN, had no idea they bought BSN too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Hanley wrote: »
    I knew they owned USN, had no idea they bought BSN too!!

Just had a quick look and the don't seem to have USN listed but do have BSN... http://www.glanbia.com/our-brands#

• Advertisement

Dubdude wrote: »
    Just had a quick look and the don't seem to have USN listed but do have BSN... http://www.glanbia.com/our-brands#

By "USN" I meant "ON" - so many accronyms. This is getting ridiculous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Didn't think they'd get BSN! Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Dathai wrote: »
    Didn't think they'd get BSN! Nice!

even less competition.Prices will be on the up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

drdeadlift wrote: »
    even less competition.Prices will be on the up

I like paying high prices im RICH ;)

Im just glad i bought 25kg of protein before the end of last year. Should see me out for this year and even some of next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭marathonic

What about 'best before' dates?

As far as I'm aware, most whey has dates of up to one year in the future - but it appears to be safe enough to use it up to a few months after these dates and the only thing that really deteriorates is the flavourings (by a little).

I've got about 8kg of Chocolate Smooth with a November date and 2.5kg of Strawberry Cream with a March 2012 date.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

i've been using it for months now.
    had the choc and it didn't taste great, have strawberry now and it's delish.
    it mixes fine with water, not so great with milk.
    it's also cheaper than ON Whey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

The Dublin team use Kinetica Protein and other Kinetica products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

LFC5Times wrote: »
    The Dublin team use Kinetica Protein and other Kinetica products.

If i was getting Kinectica for free i would use it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

cc87 wrote: »
    If i was getting Kinectica for free i would i use it as well

lol'd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

USN Strawberry is nice too.

Advertisement