Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WHAT ABOUT MAH LEGS, CHARLIE MURPHY??!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

howtomake wrote: »
    Just nosing around here.

Be careful!

Clean and jerk (reps on clean)
    60x3
    70x3
    75x3
    80x2
    85x1
    80x6x2
    No problemo, everything was reasonable

power snatch, 55kg
    2x3 ->massive lat stretch-> 2x3

HSDLW8SPAK
    100kgx3
    more weight next time.

front squat:
    60x3
    70x3
    75x3
    80x2
    85x1
    80x6x2
    Grand.

Didn't bother with anything else. Knee is still behaving. Strange that it's fine on front squats and cleans but flares up on back squats considering I hurt it doing a light clean :confused:. Will do some assistance later.

Managed to avoid the usual weekend cycling silliness. Pressed today...

60kg again
    3-5-5-6
    50kgx10
    fairly reasonable, no failin'

Snatchin' tomorrow hopefully.

Snatched up to 76 for a single, did 5 doubles at 68. ****e, misses all over the place. No power from the floor, no pop from the hips and soft as a bag o warm ****e on the receipt. should've had some patience and left the presses till this evenin too.

cleans:
    65x4x3

HCDLW8SPAK 115kgx3
    easy, did the last hold just below the knee.

Planks:
    65kgx3x30s
    easy.

pendlays 70x5
    easy, I like these.

Cannons:
    KURLOV-40kgx3x7

Left out the back squats.

Edit: vid of some 68 lifts:

Knackered. Pulling teeth today!

clean and jerked up to 90, had to take it 4 times before I got the jerk. Kept going soft on the dip and just heaving the thing, which was actually embarrassing. Summoned a few demons on the last attempt and it went up ok. The usual 5 doubles at 80 followed.

Power snatch: same as last time. switchin these out for sn balances soon

HSDLW8SPAK: 105kgx3, ok, some eyeball bulging

front squats: same as C&J only without the failage. Knee is still ok, maxing next week and I'll try to up it to three days a week next cycle and see if it remains intact.

Edit: cycled 52km yesterday between commuting and other crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Dead Ed wrote: »
    HSDLW8SPAK: 105kgx3, ok, some eyeball bulging

What witchery is this?

'Tis a paused deadlift around the knees. I can't write a four page large-word containing essay as to why I do them though, they seem to make me a bit stronger at takeoff. Also, they increase my modal domains by 3.4%

Also, Tommy told me to do them and he invented gravity.

snatched up to 80, missed 84 around ten times, tried 86, not even close, missed 84 twice again. So bloody close on it, just left it out front a tiny bit, got a bit psyched too.

back squat: wandered up to 110 for a single

snatched up to 80, missed 84 around ten times, tried 86, not even close, missed 84 twice again. So bloody close on it, just left it out front a tiny bit, got a bit psyched too.

I take it you don't believe in the 3-strike rule then?

token wrote: »
    I take it you don't believe in the 3-strike rule then?

There was nobody to tell me to stop being silly. I took full advantage of the situation.

• Advertisement

Caught AIDS or something during the week and I'm down to 83 odd kg (boo!) as a result. Woke up this morning feeling like at least fifteen dollars...

Clean and jerk:
    got 95 on the second attempt, failed the first clean at 100 (left it out front and caved), smoked the second one but actually properly wussed out of the jerk. 95 flew up on the second attempt so I thought 100+ was on the cards. Need to arrange for someone to throw me a few slaps before maxing in future. Was told to leave it there anyway.

Front squat:
    95-100-105(f)-105(pb)-108(f)

still ****e, although I can now FS more than I've cleaned :P.

More stuff later if I don't get lazy.

Need to start pushing very hard for PBs next cycle or that ginny little ****er will be overtaking me soon :P

Need to start pushing very hard for PBs next cycle or that ginny little ****er will be overtaking me soon :P

:pac:

:pac:

If needs be, I'll spike your gin with water.

Back to 80%, today :(, 6 doubles on the snatch at 68kg, all ok but gettin a little ropey towards the end when I got tired. Might talk to the director of programming about the volume.

Jerk target practice: 70kg, 4 triples

HCDLW8SPAK: 3x115kg

Back squat: more testing of the water, lumbered up to 110 for a single. Think I can add this back in, not arsed running %ages for a while with the back squat as I've no idea where it is, thinkin of wingin' it (bye bye acl :P).

Did some damage in mcdonalds afterwards. Need to sort out some sugar or something before training, energy levels crash a bit towards the end of the snatches, might be rest periods either.

****in hell, warm today!
    clean+2 jerks, 80kg, 6 sets

snatch balanced up to 65 for a couple doubles, then 70 for a single or two. very slow on these, need to get down faster.

front squatted 85kg for 6 doubles, just did a quick triple on the back squat at 100

HSDLW8SPAK 105kgx3

snatch dead, just a single at 130.

Cycled about 25km today, up howth hill again, did it in 12.59 sutton side but was carryin' about 10kg of shoppin' which is my excuse for being about 1.40 slower than the last time (also, there was a headwind, me legs were sore, I was hungover etc etc! :P). Hit 62km/h on the descent which seemed to cause a terrifying level of physics to occur (not to be trusted), didn't go faster as I wasn't down with the idea of being mopped up into a bucket if the **** hit the fan.

Snatched 72 for a single then 68 for 5 doubles
    Took longer rests between sets, sorted out the fatigue issue. No misses here.

jerked 80 for 5 doubles then up to 100 for a single. Missed 105, chest caved and I properly wussed out. 100 was piss though. Had an eye on 110. Might try it next week before the volume sets.

back squat:
    wandered up to 115 for a single then down to 105 for 5 doubles. Nothin crazy here.

Didn't bother with the pulls.

Edit: more stuff
    did a couple sets of 8 single leg deads with 22kg,
    TGU situps with same weight (I like these|) 1x5, 1x10
    600g sirloin steak in one sitting

Right,
    clean and jerked 85, 2cl+1j 80 for 5 doubles, jerk not so good but all legal.
    snatch balanced 70 for 3 doubles. Good and secure here, took the grip in so index fingers are about 1cm from rings, gonna stay there too, much less sore on shoulders.
    Front sq: 90 single, 85 5 doubles.
    Hang power snatched 60 for a double (bored)

Edit: RDLs, 8s at 50-70-80-90-90

Tried some swiss ball leg curls but they're a bit fruity for my tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Tried some swiss ball leg curls but they're a bit fruity for my tastes.

Did you use one of those numerous pink ones in Hercs?:p

howtomake wrote: »
    Did you use one of those numerous pink ones in Hercs?:p
    No, used the pink one in me apartment!

Yesterday:
    snatch:
    60x3, 64x3, 68x2, 72x1, 76x1, 68x2x4, 1
    Knee got pissed off on at the bottom of the 2nd last snatch, same thing I think, hurts in the same place with the same movements and flared up in the same position.

took 80kg for the first warmup back squat, did a single and racked it. Balls.

rack jerk, 5 doubles 80kg

RDL: up to 120x3.

FUUUUU!

• Advertisement

Yesterday:
    Rack jerked up to 95, missed the 100 twice (despite use of nose tork).
    Clean and jerk: failed 90, doubles at 80 were rough. Cleans ok, jerks crap.
    snatch balance: 2 doubles at 70, onw double at 72, dropped it too far back on the neck, which was smart. No damage though
    Front squats: went back to the office in a huff!

Knackered. cycling up to about 35km a day on for the last week and until next thursday so lifting was always gonna get raped. Wasn't expecting to miss 90 though! Gonna try to sandbag the cycling a bit more. Hopefully there will be massive supercompensation when I get back to normal!

right, got my food on and kept the mileage down a bit since last session.
    Snatch:

68X2, 72X1, 76X1, 80 on third attempt, 83 on 5th or or 6th. Missed 86 3 times, had it locked out but forward. Need to hang on a bit before diving down. Missing about 2 inches of hip extension. Will do some hang snatches and pulls from blocks maybe? Happy enough, 83 is a bit of a local maximum and better than I've been doin lately.

Back squatted up to 125 for a single. Got out of position and had to dump 130 over me head. Left it there..

Edit, moar stuffs:
    Getups , 5x16kg a side, 5x24kg a side, single each side with the 32kg stalinball. Stopped doing these about a year ago for no reason. Think these are easier with dumbbells, possibly because Krazyballs piss me off.

Pressed the 24kg for 5 reps a side. Bah!

Maxin clean and jerk and FS next session hopefully. Want another shot at a snatch max next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

Great work was done today. Much faster than before! :)

messed around with some elevated split squats with a 16kg madball in the goblet position, 12-10-10 per leg. Hams and hind-quarters not happy (bastarding things deserve it for skiving off lately :P)

Another sensible session...

Clean and jerk: got up to 90 but failed 95 about three times on the jerk. No aggression. The clean was ok though. that's better than last week and has been elevated from shameful to just plain ****e!

Front squat:
    up to 100, failed 105 twice (WTF??)

rack jerk: 95 on 3rd attempt, shoulder was screwing with my head and missed 100.

Back to front squats:
    nailed 100, failed 105, got pissed off, smoked 105 easy, failed 108.

Rack jerk, got to 95 again I think.

Also, stripped the bar to 90 whenever I missed something and power cleaned it to the rack.

Still not great, happier than last week anyway and I'm not gimped so **** it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Also, stripped the bar to 90 whenever I missed something and power cleaned it to the rack.

I do this too, and try to progress it, i've moved onto stripping to 110. It's probably a terrible idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

What's a back to front squat?

I do this too, and try to progress it, i've moved onto stripping to 110. It's probably a terrible idea!

I had Wayne powerclean up my dumped jerks tonight, pretty handy. You could probably convince Clarence to do the same for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I had Wayne powerclean up my dumped jerks tonight, pretty handy. You could probably convince Clarence to do the same for you.

*snatch

• Advertisement

Molly wrote: »
    What's a back to front squat?

You basically place the bar on your back and rotate your head 180 degrees...

...I should've said "I then returned to front squats to avenge failure"!

Advertisement