Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

yeeesss finally someone beat Vettel!! Thanks Button super well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

What a fooking great race!!! Well done Button, race of his career there. Amazing! Great result

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Just amazing race of Jenson.

Awful to see Schumacher getting robbed by DRS twice though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I had money on Hamilton and i'd give twice it to see this!

****ING AMAZING DRIVE!!!!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That was an excellent 5hrs worth of telly, OK the best bits were all in the last half hour, but still.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wife had a heart attack as I screamed my mouth off at the pass. :pac: What an amazing drive by Button!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Button driver of the race without a doubt :D From 21st to 1st :D i wont stop smiling for a long time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

TheChrisD wrote: »
    About time Vettel fúcks up.

In fairness I'd say Button would've gotten him down the straight at the end anyway.

Happiest I've been in a long time watching sport. That ought to shut up the people who underrate Button. I'd say the beers was brilliant when Button got past. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭amacca

ah balls

fcukin bbc coverage switching to bbc2.....have recorded all of the stoppage and nothing from midway into the first lap after the restart

just seen the last lap

why cant sky or bbc have something that recognizes when you have set something to record and ensure the recording follows the event to the other channel if they must switch

wonderful piece of tek-nol-o-gee my arse hook.

they are saying it was amazing on the commentary..did i really miss the best race of the season so far?

balls..all the suspense etc is gone out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Brilliant result - what a last few laps...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

great race spoilt abit again by drs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Unbefúckingliveable scenes!!! What a fúcking finish! Please stewards don't punish him for causing the Hamilton and Alonso crashes!!

I've had my doubts about Button but that drive will go down in the book of legendary drives! This race will become F1 lore I've no doubt about it.

That's fúcking Formula 1 baby!!!

Lol @ Brundle as Jense walked passed the sexy clapping girls on the way to the podium..."Life's a wonderful thing":D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Havent watched a race in years, not since schuey was in a ferrari seat with barrichello, but that was a great bit of tv on a damp Sunday. Whats that drs stuff all about? Is it to make races more exciting and have more passing?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's like that bit in Rocky IV when he cuts Ivan Drago
    He's not a machine, he's a man, he's a man

Grim. wrote: »
    great race spoilt abit again by drs

Ya think? I think the last safety car ruined it more, without it Button would've won by a dozen or so seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

He only ****ed up cause of the pressure from button. Kind of a 'forced error' rather than an unforced one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Autosport wrote: »
    Button driver of the race without a doubt :D From 21st to 1st :D i wont stop smiling for a long time :D
    I robbed that and put it on Facebook.:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

amacachi wrote: »
    In fairness I'd say Button would've gotten him down the straight at the end anyway.

But he'd then of missed the final chicane and got a time penalty.

We got a great finish that we were denied in Monaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Best race ive seen since Brazil 2008. Well done Jenson and hard luck to the legendary Schumacher.

• Advertisement

Why the boo's for Vettle on the podium?

Sitec wrote: »
    I robbed that and put it on Facebook.:pac:

Goodstuff :D I'll be putting it on mine too :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great finish, superb by button.
    Never a big schumi fan but i was roaring him on for a podium :)
    The real winner yet again was DRS imo.

robinph wrote: »
    But he'd then of missed the final chicane and got a time penalty.

That's Webber you're thinkin of.

I wonder will Lewis congratulate Jensen :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Hamilton will not be pleased. Hamilton not being pleased, pleases me. My problem with him is that he always points the finger at someone else and I can never recall him accepting any fault unto himself

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Dcully wrote: »
    Great finish, superb by button.
    Never a big schumi fan but i was roaring him on for a podium :)
    The real winner yet again was DRS imo.

Nah it wasn't....

DRS ruined it IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Did I hear Buttons team in the radio saying we can't win this race about 3 laps from the end? Or did they say we can win this race ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Did I hear Buttons team in the radio saying we can't win this race about 3 laps from the end? Or did they say we can win this race ?

Im sure they said we can win this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

amacachi wrote: »
    Ya think? I think the last safety car ruined it more, without it Button would've won by a dozen or so seconds.

yep would rather see passing done in the corners not by cars with a 20 kph speed advantage over a sitting duck

Advertisement