Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭bnt

amacca wrote: »
    ah balls
    they are saying it was amazing on the commentary..did i really miss the best race of the season so far?
    This is the only one I've seen - but I think it is. Button had everything thrown at him, starting with Hamilton, safety cars, tyre problems, drive-thru penalty, red flag, Alonso, more safety cars ... and still won.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Was Vettel's DRS stuck open when he fcuked up or are people talking about something else?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Weepsie wrote: »
    Hamilton will not be pleased. Hamilton not being pleased, pleases me. My problem with him is that he always points the finger at someone else and I can never recall him accepting any fault unto himself

He seemed to be happy enough just then in the replay of his reaction just then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

amacachi wrote: »
    Was Vettel's DRS stuck open when he fcuked up or are people talking about something else?

dont think so think he just clipped the white line with his right front

• Advertisement

Grim. wrote: »
    yep would rather see passing done in the corners not by cars with a 20 kph speed advantage over a sitting duck

Might want to ask Webber why he kept fcuking it up so badly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Vettel would have never used the DRS in the race.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

robinph wrote: »
    He seemed to be happy enough just then in the replay of his reaction just then.

Rihanna, Kid Cudi et al are probably bringing him out later

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

thats more like it. More of those races please. One of the best in years.

What a fcuking drive from Button and hopefully he kicks on from here and puts pressure on Vettel in the title race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Might want to ask Webber why he kept fcuking it up so badly.

would say it was to do with him trying to brake off line in the damp

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

From Speed Tv forum.
    Victor
    I was one of thousands of fans who left after the race was red-flagged and boarded the subway back to Montreal.

Covered grandstands would have allowed us to wait out the heavy downpour. I don't think I will ever attend another Formula 1 race. My $260 tickets for me, my wife and son are worthless.

When will the FIA and circuit owners put fan comfort and accommodations above their profits?

And why wasn't the race allowed to continue? Surely, F1 drivers know how to drive in the rain.
    2 hours ago

nelson-muntz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Great drive from Schumacher, unlucky not to be on the podium. Hopefully it has went some way towards quietening the people critical of his comeback.

Vettel would have never used the DRS in the race.
    How often was it used against him?
    dont think so think he just clipped the white line with his right front
    I know, I'm being obtuse. Only one of Button's three passes at the end were down to DRS and Webber took what, 4 attempts to get past Schumi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

It's a damn shame Vettel didn't bin it while he was at it and give Schumacher a well deserved podium, best race from Michael since his return and of course JENSON YOU BEAUTY!!!!

How often was it used against him?
    Never, but if he'd stayed on the track for one corner more...

would say it was to do with him trying to brake off line in the damp

But sure Schumacher was a sitting duck. Sounds like his DRS isn't effective enough...

On another note I'd say Vettel must be delighted to gain 18 points on his only rival. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Bernie might be right about the rain....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

Amazing race, best this year so far....although I did miss Monaco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I had 10 euro each way on Schumacher at 66 to 1.

Still have a chance of winning if Button is penalised :D

Never, but if he'd stayed on the track for one corner more...

If he hadn't been lucky with two safety cars that gave him free pitstops when others were gaining, if the last safety car hadn't come out Button, Webber and Schumacher were gaining at 3 seconds a lap and probably would've gotten past more quickly than they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

God only knows what the marshals were at, when the safety car is out you can count them and then go out and be pretty sure of a "window" to clear the debris with brooms.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Shane732 wrote: »
    Nah it wasn't....

DRS ruined it IMO

Thats what i mean, DRS enabled the winner to win :)
    It helps overtaking which is great, i just feel its an slightly artificial means of overtaking to a degree.
    F1 had to do something , DRS was there answer which is a success in what it set out to do which is great.
    Im just from the old school,i want drivers to pass if they are the fastest and overtake without the use of what i see as a form of driving aid.
    70% of me is all for DRS as it helps entertain us the fans more than recent times which can only be good for the sport.
    Its the best they have come up with and things are a lot better than say 2 years ago but the other 30% of me longs to see drivers overtake on the basis of pure skill 100%.

Having said that Button was awesome today, it will go down in F1 history as one of the greatest wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

No F1 forum :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Are we having F1 forum???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

randomer wrote: »
    I had 10 euro each way on Schumacher at 66 to 1.

Still have a chance of winning if Button is penalised :D

Had him e/w as well but also had him on a top 6 finish.

Autosport wrote: »
    Are we having F1 forum???

Nope. Have they not been chatting for long enough already today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

First race I've properly enjoyed since probably Brazil last season. Epic finale, gutted Schui couldn't hold on a few more laps to make a podium. So happy for Button, that really was a champions drive put into perspective, & increasingly shows how a cool head can turn a race around.

Hamilton really looked in a lower class again today, Button showed himself to be a true professional. Webber did very well too.

Great race, welcome back F1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Nope. Have they not been chatting for long enough already today.

No they havent, i want to see them talk to the top 6 drivers or whoever is around :D

Advertisement