Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

lizt wrote: »
    First weigh in tomorrow night, getting nervous now!!

I know exactly how you feel, butterflys is not the word! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Why is a choc ice 8 points but a magnum is only 7? Is that right?:confused:

Although ww.co.uk says a choc ice is 8pp, I've pointed it previously and I'm pretty sure it's 5pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

It prob varies from brand to brand....multipack size Vs Standard size ect.

LOL lets not get too carried away debating the points of ice cream....the powers that be are watching LOL

First weigh in tomorrow night, getting nervous now!!

I'm sure you've done well! From the sounds of it you have :D i bet you will be over the moon. What time is your WI

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I'm sure you've done well! From the sounds of it you have :D i bet you will be over the moon. What time is your WI

Either 5.30 or 6.30. I'd prefer to have it in the morning because I think I'll be watching everything I'm eating tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Either 5.30 or 6.30. I'd prefer to have it in the morning because I think I'll be watching everything I'm eating tomorrow!

do eat....especially if your having sugar crashes. If you go to 5.30 meating....have your lunch around 2ish and give your self a few hours to digest your food before hopping on the scales...and try to follow the same routine every WI day food wise then...so you get fair result ever week. Have a few physically light foods incase you feel unwill....like a yoghurt only weighs about 30g....not going to throw the scales too much....or a boiled egg...again not going to influence the scales too much.

Talk to your leader about the dizzy spells....and if the don't pass in a few days, ask your pharmacist (cheaper than doctor) and they do have alot of knowledge, and they'll advise you if you need to see doctor...

HEALTH come first regardless of scales and points!

VERY INTERESTING SHOW ON CHANNEL FOUR ABOUT EMBARRASSING FAT BODIES, It is a medical show...its not mocking or taking the piss...its very honest and frank and...well kinda encouraging.....the mental, physical, physiological effects of weight on the body...from sex life, heart issues, saggy skin, ect...

http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

I did the mini marathon today and i am very surprised by the results.

I have walked home from work a million times (8k) and been fine, but i jogged today (most of it) and i am IN BITS!!!!! my legs are killing me already - what a difference a bit of jogging does, very surprised - will defo be jogging more in the future.

WELL DONE every one who did it, and well done to those who lost (or sts) this week.

Thanks lainy! I am definitely going to eat, but I won't be having any treats tomorrow.

My dad is a doctor and my mam is a nurse so they're keeping an eye on me!

Dee01 wrote: »
    I did the mini marathon today and i am very surprised by the results.

I have walked home from work a million times (8k) and been fine, but i jogged today (most of it) and i am IN BITS!!!!! my legs are killing me already - what a difference a bit of jogging does, very surprised - will defo be jogging more in the future.

WELL DONE every one who did it, and well done to those who lost (or sts) this week.

WELL DONE! really HOT HOT shower in the morning if you still have aches in the morning. The heat will help loosen things up. thats what my doctor told me

Thanks lainy! I am definitely going to eat, but I won't be having any treats tomorrow.

My dad is a doctor and my mam is a nurse so they're keeping an eye on me!

your in the safest hands so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    WELL DONE! really HOT HOT shower in the morning if you still have aches in the morning. The heat will help loosen things up. thats what my doctor told me

have a hosp appt in the morning (mole on back of my eye ball needs to be checked - gross:confused:) so need to be over at the hosp for 8 :eek: Sick, cos i took the day off work for after the mini marathon.

But will be putting the water on before i leave and have a nice long bath when i get home. then have the house to tidy - whoop (yeah right!!)

Dee01 wrote: »
    have a hosp appt in the morning (mole on back of my eye ball needs to be checked - gross:confused:) so need to be over at the hosp for 8 :eek: Sick, cos i took the day off work for after the mini marathon.

But will be putting the water on before i leave and have a nice long bath when i get home. then have the house to tidy - whoop (yeah right!!)

well thats VITAL to get checked. I know someone who had that on there eye. Ah sure you'll have a busy day....so you wont end up undoing your marathon :)

hmmm think i'll make tomorrow a potato day :)

Chicken Breast in Maggi sesoning in oven 4pp
    Home Made Wedges 8pp
    Frozen Peas & Corn 2pp

that's a massive plate of food for 14pp :D

Lainy can you use that Maggi seasoning for one chicken breast? It looks really nice! Also where do you get it?

Lainy can you use that Maggi seasoning for one chicken breast? It looks really nice! Also where do you get it?

Yeah but you only need to use like 1/4 of the sachet for a single chicken breast. You'll need to get extra oven bags from pound shop. cos the bag they give you isnt re-useable. and you need a new bag each time.

The maggi seasonings are 0pp which is AWSOME! :D

there on special in tesco at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

well done to all that done marathon!! great day out,iv'e done it 7or 8 times. will have to get back to the walking properly,i hardly done any lately. pps crazy the last couple of weeks,can't seem to stick to them! well done to all the losers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

so after doing soo well at the kiddies party on Saturday, my willpower went out the window on Sunday and Monday and boy did I fall off the wagon!!!! :o:o:o so mad at myself but I just couldn't stop eating.....cake, biscuits, peanut butter sandwiches.......you name it I ate it :eek::eek::eek:

I am back on the wagon today and will very sheepishly face the scales on Thursday (had a sneaky peek this morning and I am up 2 pounds :o already)

I know I have only myself to blame!!!!

congrats to all who did the mini-marathon yesterday!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Hi All,

Was good at the weekend! Went to Costa Coffee yesterday and the OH got me a Chocolate Tiffin Square. Had a mouthful of it, then gave the rest to him. Was so glad that I did because when I checked it was 12pp for one square :eek:

Was planning on making a lovely Chicken Tikka Massala for dinner last night but then got a call from my mam at 4pm - my niece was after scalding herself with boiling water :eek: so I had to drop everything, drive to my sister's, get her & the baby and drove like a loon into Drogheda Hospital! She's ok though, wasn't actually that bad cos my sis had put her under the cold shower straight away. It was more the shock than anything. Her poor little arm is blistered now though, but it's all wrapped up and the doc says she will be fine :D So after all that drama, it was 8pm before I got home, so we just got a takeaway - vegetable Chow Mein. I'd loads of points left though cos hadn't eaten hardly anything all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Oh your poor little niece :( so glad she is going to be ok though :)

ah shame shoe lover, your poor niece (and her mammy!!!), I hate it when my little people hurt themselves!!! Though with burns shoving them under cold water is the best thing.....stops the burn getting to bad!!! hope she is on the mend real soon!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Hi All and congrats to all the mini-marathoners! I had an absoloutley brutal week WW wise, have been down at my parents and wasn't even tracking. However I'm not going to beat myself up about it just going to get back on track today, drink my water and do loads of exercise (walking and zumba) so hopefully can limit some of the damage before heading to WI tomorrow evening. It looks like I will be facing my first gain since starting 8 weeks ago but not to worry, at least I know exactly what caused it and it's not going to be a regular thing.

Also just a quick warning to you all I picked up some of the Brennans Granary Bread for my lunch today and It works out as 7 points for two slices! Too late for me now but I definitley wont be buying it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Well had a great weekend, deep fried squid, 5 brandies and a cheese burger on the way home! Oh ... and almost forgot the pannacotta! :rolleyes:
    The only plus of the weekend was a 12 k walk on Sunday which was fantastic from Portmagee in South Kerry to the top of Bray head in Valentia Islan, my butt muscles are still feeling the effect of it!

Back at work today so back on the program and not a single deviation now for the rest of the week! Don't think I'll lose this week and would be perfectly happy to STS but sur we'll see.

Did have NSV ( non scales vistory) Sunday night. wore a white size 16 jeans going out that hasn't been worn since on hols in October 2009 - way hay!

Best of luck to everyone with their weigh in's this week!

Shoe Lover - so glad to hear your niece is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

weigh in later and im optomistic , well at the minute anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Flamelily don't be too harsh on yourself, went to a kids party myself on Sunday. Took my own advice and filled myself up but my god did i pick and pick and pick!!!!!! Kids parties should never be underestimated when it comes to tempatation!!
    Even when you have such good expectations.

I did the mini marathon yesterday, along with all the other fabulous women. Was very pleased with myself! Then after the girls decided to go to McDonalds! I was hungry but ended up proud that i didn't pig out on a meal etc, I just had a grilled chicken wrap and hoping it wasn't a bad choice. Old WW points was 6 so i was kinda thinking it was 12 points? Anyone know what the new points is?

Weigh in tomorrow and hoping so much that my snack attack at the party and McD wrap hasn't ruined my chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Hi Dublin25, the Eat Out guide dosen't have points for a grilled chicken wrap but the chicken tikka snack wrap is 7 and the chicken ranch snack wrap is 9. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Dont forget to send me your WI results for this week guys. Its Tue already and I've got none for this week yet.

thanks Dublin25.....the picking is always my downfall.....cause you can sort of pretend you didn't eat it!!! Sticking to points like glue for the rest of the week and am also hoping I STS but if I gain I will know why as well!!!

had a quick peep at the McD site as they list nutrional info on it, not sure which wrap you had, I pointed the 'Chicken Snack Wrap' which is 13pp on calculator and the 'Sweetchillichicken' one which was 12pp so hope that helps!!!

So far shaking things up this week food wise is really helping :D

took a sneak peak on scales....so far its the right direction!

just trying new recipes....adding things to meals to bulk them out....scheduling snacks and coffee breaks

This morning I added a can of drained pears to my readybrek.....no extra points....but I am comfortably stuffed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just back from WI & I was down 2lb:D:D:D. Quite shocked, but very pleased! I have now reached the weight I was wanting to get to, but my target weight is still 7lbs away - back to what I was in my 20s. Initially I didn't think I'd ever get back down to that again (in my 40s now), but I'm doing so well, that maybe I will. Going to Glasgow this weekend with a group of girls I went to school with (going to celebrate our 40ths 2 years late!!), so prob won't do too well this week & then next week we're getting a new kitchen, so won't be able to cook too much while the work is getting done. I just wish the rain would stop so I can get out for a few walks - I am a fair weather walker!

Good luck everyone with WI this week. Well done to all the mini-marathoners. Off now to PM GT so he can have some results for his table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Well i have had the worst few days WW wise, not eating too badly, just too much and too much drink! Oi! Feeln so bloated now today, i just cant seem to get the motivation back, or the willpower that i had at the start!
    Any tips????
    Going to do a big shop this eve after work and stock up, ill be making the dinners all week so at least ill have control that way. I just need a major kick up the ass! Going on hols to Scotland in July and will be climbing a mountain or two, so really need to get myself together and start the walks again! These bank hol wkends are a killer! Sorry for rant but im just stuck at the moment!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

Well done everyone this week on the losses!!!

I was down a whole 4lb at WI on thursday (no idea how) but after drinking and pizza on friday/saturday I'm thinking that im gonna be up for the first time this week :( . Gonna just try to be super good and hope that the overnight 2lb is just water or something (thats not pizza).

Did the mini-marathon, think I did it in around 1h 2mins, wanted under an hour but I got given the wrong colour at registration (was supposed to be with the runners/fast joggers) and couldn't get up with the other joggers in front of the walkers so that seriously slowed me down for about 2K. Thought it was fun but there were so many people I found it a little frustrating.

Time for tea then back to my thesis :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement