Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I wont get on till tomorrow but I'm up for that GT is Raze them all. Will clear out some space on my friends list

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

The game will die off though if everyone just sits in their bedroom playing story mode.

Those of us who bought it on PS3 don't really have a choice!

That said however, a couple of my mates do come over to play this. Thats a kind of mini meet up right?

What we do is sit in my bedroom and play story mode :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I got it. Enjoying it. If there is a Mortal Kombat casuals or tourny coming up, count me in. Some Smoke/Ermac smackdown :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Going through the tower now and some challenges frustrate the hell out of me. I will get to the end slowly but surely.

Kirby wrote: »
    I got it. Enjoying it. If there is a Mortal Kombat casuals or tourny coming up, count me in. Some Smoke/Ermac smackdown :D
    I play smoke but playing both smoke and ermac is just cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Its great fun using Ermac's specials to chuck people around the stage. Some petty sick 45% combo's. To be fair though, all of Ermacs normals and combo's are very short range. I think that balances it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Heres a suggestion...how about we try to maintain a room for us boarsies so we can all meet up in the same area.

For example, if we have a room called "zzzboardszzz", it would be at the bottom of the screen so we know if it's there, it's a boardsie looking for games. Obviously we would need two in there from the start but it would be savage to have a dozen of us in there for a night of decapitation, evisceration and baby making (no I will not be making any babies in the usual sense)!

Good idea. Im only decent with Raiden at the min. Im sure most of ye will give me a good beating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I play smoke but playing both smoke and ermac is just cheap

Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Man I hate Ermac.
    The start up /invulerability on that chuck around move is just cheap ass easy mode:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

Stuck with no network on PS3 myself. Having a room for boardsies is a great idea though.

At the moment I'm trying to go through all the characters' fatalities. I'm trying to do Sub Zero's third Fatality (F, D, F, Triangle) but it won't allow me to. I've unlocked his alternate costume yet all guides say that this is DLC exclusive? If so, then how was I able to perform Scorpion's supposedly DLC exclusive fatality without the DLC? So confused.

• Advertisement

Stuck with no network on PS3 myself. Having a room for boardsies is a great idea though.

At the moment I'm trying to go through all the characters' fatalities. I'm trying to do Sub Zero's third Fatality (F, D, F, Triangle) but it won't allow me to. I've unlocked his alternate costume yet all guides say that this is DLC exclusive? If so, then how was I able to perform Scorpion's supposedly DLC exclusive fatality without the DLC? So confused.
    it's dlc it's his third costume not his alternate, it was a pre order bonus

Should be aroundfor a few games tonight if any ones interested in a room to beat me around in

Throwing up a room zzzboard.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

it's dlc it's his third costume not his alternate, it was a pre order bonus

That makes a bit more sense, as I haven't been able to do Reptile's one either, however every guide I've seen states that Scorpion's third fatality is a DLC bonus aswell yet I've been able to do that one, are the guides misguided? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Didnt have the net for about 4 weeks now only to get back online to see that PSN had been hacked :mad: All that time spent in the training mode for naught!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Just after completing the challenge tower without skipping.

Very happy with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

how in gods name do I beat Shao Khan with Raiden!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I'm at, like, challenge 241 or something but I've skipped two of them so far. Do I get the chance to go back and try them again or have I forfeited my achievement?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You can go back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

bryanjf wrote: »
    how in gods name do I beat Shao Khan with Raiden!!!!

Just keep away from him at all times and wait for him to do the hammer throw. when he does, instantly teleport behind him and hit him with a good combo. I think the one I used was the weak kick x2, heavy kick, torpedo. Thats a good one because you can wait for him to bounce off the ground to do the torpedo making the input less of a hassle.
    Never ever engage him up close. And when he does the spear throw don't crouch block just neutral crouch. If you crouch block it'll hit and you'll take block damage. For some reason the spear doesn't touch you if you neutral crouch whereas it does if you crouch block.

The air torpedo is great for creating distance and getting to the otherside of the screen if he gets too close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Depending on where you're fighting him there's a more boring but foolproof way of sorting him out with Raiden (this definitely works for the end of story, I don't know if the same scenario shows up in the tower where he's not quite as dumb).

As others have said, start defensive wait for him to go for a spear or hammer, teleport and... sweep.

Why sweep? It does **** damage... and leaves you right next to him... which is exactly what you want. At this range he'll try to hit you with a reversal on his wakeup EVERY GODDAMN TIME. Teleport and sweep over and over and he will very rarely break this cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Brilliant thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Creature wrote: »
    Just keep away from him at all times

I'll have to disagree with this. I found it much easier to let him come to me and then do the teleport when he does a close attack. It gives you that much more time. If you stay at distance and teleport around one of his projectiles, by the time you get over behind him he'll have recovered and hit you instantly or move his position a bit and your combo will whiff.

So my advice is stay close. As Scavenger says, when he's on the ground next to you he will always try a similar attack on wake up so you can just teleport and have all the time in the world to do the combo of your choice.

Oh, and obviously jump torpedo away if he gets you in the corner;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Rob2D wrote: »
    If you stay at distance and teleport around one of his projectiles, by the time you get over behind him he'll have recovered and hit you instantly or move his position a bit and your combo will whiff.

That is simply not true, well not for the hammer throw anyway. When he does it you should behind him before the hammer even leaves his hands as the startup is quite long on that move. Then you'll plenty of time to hit him with a good combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Can anyone confirm what levels are the pit/stage fatality levels?

EDIT:
    Finally found it:
    Chamber of the Flame
    Hell
    Subway
    The Dead Pool
    The Living Forest
    The Pit (Day)
    The Pit (Night)
    The Street

Anyone have anything different?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Every stage that has a stage fatality has a little red and black symbol on the picture for it when you go to stage selection in versus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Wonder if tag play or single play will take off in tournaments. I have not played tag yet. Does it add much to the game?

gave it a bash the other day and I was suprised
    I have to say it adds a lot to the game from my first impressions with the tag combos and fast tags.I think it will introduce a lot more combo possibilities and depth

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Is there any word on when we might see some MK tourneys? Me and chuey had a few good games and future guy has some sweet combos but i didnt get to play him:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Is there any word on when we might see some MK tourneys? Me and chuey had a few good games and future guy has some sweet combos but i didnt get to play him:(

Organise one.

Not being smart, if you like the game, it's your responsibilty to get the scene going.

Advertisement