Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Mmmm I'd love a Loop the Loop. Actually might get a Tangle Twister on the way home :D

Bargain at 60cent for 2pp. Cheered me right up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

A loop d loop is only 2pp!? Excellent!xx

Pembily wrote: »

Yep I actually think it is my most favourite thing in the world and has always been part of my hangover treatment so you can imagine my joy when I worked it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Alot of ice-creams are good value on pp. There are a good few that are 2 or 3pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Whoo hoo 2 pounds down biggrin.gif just found out I should be on extra points for feeding the baby its 14 extra so 43 over all eek.gif seems so much not really sure I need that many.

Think I may have to change WW class, the leader asked me to stay the last two weeks I couldn't as I had older kids with me, no way I would keep them quite, today I stayed and my daughter whom is two did great but in the last 5 minutes got a little restless she wasn't crying but said something funny which caught some peoples attention, the leader looked a little cross and said can every one ignore the child, rambled on some more then said now can people ignore the child redface.gif i was so embarrassed I wanted to leave so not to disrupt any more but would have if i tried! luckily the class was over don't think i will be staying again not really annoyed over it! bit embarrassed though.

Kay enjoy that meal and hope it works wonderssmile.gif good luck tomorrow

Monife I hate moving, we only moved just at Christmas, your right there is really bad places out there, we looked at dome real bad houses! hope you can find something soon

just in case some have missed it, the RTE guide had a good WW section this week I got it today for some recipe ideas for during the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

fluffball wrote: »
    My God Fionas046 thats fantastic and heres me thinking Im great 11.5 Lbs in 7 weeks....any tips last week and this week half pound only very dissappointed was so so good in my class after easter I was the only one who lost. I am finding it hard, im a very basic eater dont touch any dairy at all so my menu is so repetitious. Well done to everybody loosing, delighted I came across here yesterday.:)

11.5lb in 7weeks is great and don't let anyone tell you it isn't! We all lose weight at different rates because we're all different. It took me a long 2 years to loose this weight and it was tough at times but I used different incentives to keep me going. First off, I never missed a WI, secondly I always stayed to my meetings. Some were better than others but its surprising what tips you pick up there. Another thing I did was buy a box of paperclips, I took one for every pound I lost and hung them on a nail in my kitchen in full site. Its quite amazing how that string will grow and how much it incentivises you to keep going. Set yourself little goals, and make them realistic!
    As regards food, I would be quite a plain eater as well but with a very sweet tooth. So, instead of ignoring my tooth, I indulge it. I discovered that the small Cadburys caramel treat size bars are 2points. So every evening, I sit down with my cup of tea and my bar (which I nibble!) and I look forward to it all day. Sometimes I even stretch to 3 points and have a finger of fudge.
    I also discovered Butternut squash chips, my lifelong friend. I don't like pasta at all and while I do like potatoes, I don't love them. BNS chips are a staple in my diet.
    I know this is a long post but doesn't even scratch the surface but as I said earlier, positive attitude will get you where you want to go. At 11.5lb down you very close to people really noticing your loss and believe me there is no greater motivation than the compliments you will receive! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Supersplits are 2pp aswell - have a box of them in the freezer, really nice treat !

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

Joined weight watchers last year to lose weight for my sisters wedding, managed a few lbs but after i stopped going to meetings things just went back to the way they were:(. Am now back at the meeting and finding it tough to lose even a few pounds even though i'm counting, weight and writing everything, its so disheartening. Found out last thursday that i have an intollerence to wheat and dairy and need to follow a diet free from both of these. can you please help me with lunch and dinner suggestions as i'm lost. there is wheat in so much stuff. thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

boxoff wrote: »
    Supersplits are 2pp aswell - have a box of them in the freezer, really nice treat !

Love them...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Baby75 wrote: »

Think I may have to change WW class, the leader asked me to stay the last two weeks I couldn't as I had older kids with me, no way I would keep them quite, today I stayed and my daughter whom is two did great but in the last 5 minutes got a little restless she wasn't crying but said something funny which caught some peoples attention, the leader looked a little cross and said can every one ignore the child, rambled on some more then said now can people ignore the child redface.gif i was so embarrassed I wanted to leave so not to disrupt any more but would have if i tried! luckily the class was over don't think i will be staying again not really annoyed over it! bit embarrassed though.

why did she insist you stay for the classes? my wife goes in with our 14month old, steps on 'the weigh bridge' (as my OH calls it), and exists stage door left!

bit ignorant to insist you stay but make a point of showing up you and your kids!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Mmmm I'd love a Loop the Loop. Actually might get a Tangle Twister on the way home :D

Got a box of them on the way home :D love them!

Raging today, I had an exam at 12 so grabbed a tuna wrap on the way from college to the RDS. Had the NI info on the back...11pp :eek: was a small wrap, thats 4, so 7pp on tuna! there wasn't even that much mayo!!! I was raging!

I had 40g of porridge before I left this morning at 7 with 100ml skimmed milk, that was 5...leaving me with 14 left for my dinner...now because I ate so early I was starving again when I got home, so had 2 small potatoes for 5pp, small tin of tuna for 1 and 15g WW mayo for another 1...leaving me with 7 for dinner, which was grand, bit on the small side but I could manage.

I then proceeded to eat 3 WW mini rolls and a pear picking porky, using the last of my dailies :mad: I was looking at myself going STOP but I couldn't! Was so mad at myself :(

I now have to hit the weeklies for my dinner tonight, because my hand took over my body and wouldn't stop putting food in my mouth :p

I also bailed on walking again - must be the 17th time this week (sorry Chinafoot :() so have done zero exercise! Thank god theres no points in a cigarette cos I'm chain-smoking to beat the band at the mo (I do this at exam time).

Trying not to get too annoyed as my exams have to take priority but I can't help feeling disgusted at myself :(

Sorry for the long post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

misslt wrote: »
    Got a box of them on the way home :D love them!

Raging today, I had an exam at 12 so grabbed a tuna wrap on the way from college to the RDS. Had the NI info on the back...11pp :eek: was a small wrap, thats 4, so 7pp on tuna! there wasn't even that much mayo!!! I was raging!

I had 40g of porridge before I left this morning at 7 with 100ml skimmed milk, that was 5...leaving me with 14 left for my dinner...now because I ate so early I was starving again when I got home, so had 2 small potatoes for 5pp, small tin of tuna for 1 and 15g WW mayo for another 1...leaving me with 7 for dinner, which was grand, bit on the small side but I could manage.

I then proceeded to eat 3 WW mini rolls and a pear picking porky, using the last of my dailies :mad: I was looking at myself going STOP but I couldn't! Was so mad at myself :(

I now have to hit the weeklies for my dinner tonight, because my hand took over my body and wouldn't stop putting food in my mouth :p

I also bailed on walking again - must be the 17th time this week (sorry Chinafoot :() so have done zero exercise! Thank god theres no points in a cigarette cos I'm chain-smoking to beat the band at the mo (I do this at exam time).

Trying not to get too annoyed as my exams have to take priority but I can't help feeling disgusted at myself :(

Sorry for the long post!!

I've taken to stuffing my self with bowls of porridge in the evening to try and stop exam pressure binges....dont know if its working....but i figure porridge gotta be better than toast....

Porriage, skimmed milk, splenda, cinnamon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hey folks, was just out food shopping. After my popcorn craving yday, bought "Perri air popped popcorn" 8 pack - pointed each bag at 2pp each!

Its a small 15g bag but hey gona give em a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thanks for that. I'll try the pint of milk think it'll be way easier to point.
    I love lentils and anything with beans. Started adding them to salads makes a big difference. Gives a bit of bulk. For dinner ideas check out the bbc good food website. I buy the magazines and they've always loads of recipes for veggies. They give nutritional info at end of recipes making pointing that bit easier too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

I would be fuming with your leader!! The cheek of her saying to "ignore the child" :mad: especially if she asked you to stay!!! and you shouldn't be embarrassed at all girl!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 westerngirl

Hi all, i am a newbie on boards and am so delighted to have found this thread. Its great to have some support. I joined ww many times over the years but to no avail. I never managed to stick to it but i am determined to do it once and for all. Just finished my first full day, am a little hungry but not surprised as im used to eating wayyyy too much.
    Anyway heres hoping for success this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

hi all
    ive only recently rejoined ww and i really need support since i moved out finding a support system has proved difficult so any help would be appriciated.
    is anyone else having issues with the pro points im having a few its more down to my lack of weighing food. will have to get a scales.
    would love to lose 3 stone before my wedding.

good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

tantipie wrote: »
    i had weigh in this morn and stayed the same:D had to hand back my old card and collect my GOLD one next week:D:Dhope everyone is getting on ok with the exams and good luck and well done to everyone at wi's:)
    That's fantastic, congratulations to reaching your goal:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 westerngirl

I know what you mean. I have heard great things about the pro points plan so i would say give it a go. For most people portion sizes is one of the biggest initial obstacles to overcome so maybe a scales might be a good idea!!

Im not getting married myself but i have lots of weddings coming up, one in 6 weeks and more next year so they are my biggest motivation!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

thanks westerngrl. i thought the wedding would spur me on but in reality the stress is making me eat all round me thankfully im not getting married until 2012 so ive more than enough time. its just getting my ass back into the walking/exercising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

woop was down 1.5lbs, 3.5lbs left until my 5th silver 7

anyone looking for lunch idea l-f cottage cheese is 2 pp for 110g, very good value for cheese and really filling and 2 quorn sausages are only 3pp

And switched from eating my usual porridge this week, to having the oats and a banana with a ww yogurt poured over them, yummy for a 4pp brekkie

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

My god I took a feww days off the plan as we had some big celebrations last weekend, but i could not gat back on track as i knew i was going to be up so i kept eating 8 lbs in a week

8 pounds FFs thats criminal

Then I wnet to the doctor after WI as I thought i had an ear infection but wait for this I sprained a muscle in my neck and Jaw..... i cant eat anything that needs chewing for the week...even ice cream hurts the OH half reckons i hurt it because i ate so much........

Kildaresh..I got my GB out about 10 years ago and like Fofany I can eat anything but i dont miss the pain from the attacks

I am off to sleep now as I have taken my paracetmoal codine diffine and a valiun all give for the sprained Jaw/neck

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

carlyam2 wrote: »
    hi all
    ive only recently rejoined ww and i really need support since i moved out finding a support system has proved difficult so any help would be appriciated.
    is anyone else having issues with the pro points im having a few its more down to my lack of weighing food. will have to get a scales.

good luck everyone

i got this scale recently http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8426435/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen+and+laundry%7C14418476/Trail/searchtext%3ESALTER.htm and find it really makes a difference esp with cereal. My leader said you should weigh out pasta etc after cooking as you get better points value that way

took me a few weeks to get used to pp

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

aspie mum wrote: »
    My god I took a feww days off the plan as we had some big celebrations last weekend, but i could not gat back on track as i knew i was going to be up so i kept eating 8 lbs in a week

8 pounds FFs thats criminal

Then I wnet to the doctor after WI as I thought i had an ear infection but wait for this I sprained a muscle in my neck and Jaw..... i cant eat anything that needs chewing for the week...even ice cream hurts the OH half reckons i hurt it because i ate so much........

Kildaresh..I got my GB out about 10 years ago and like Fofany I can eat anything but i dont miss the pain from the attacks

I am off to sleep now as I have taken my paracetmoal codine diffine and a valiun all give for the sprained Jaw/neck

I put on 7 lbs over a week at Christmas, so, believe me, it can be done! Good news is, I lost 8lbs the first week in Jan. I find if I put it on quickly, I can lose it quickly too. Hopefully that still works next week when I'm trying to shift whatever I've put on during my week of not tracking at Disneyland Paris!

Hope the sprained muscle gets better soon, it sounds really sore.

I have never met anyone before who got their gall bladder out when they were young, like me. It's so strange to read on here about all the other people who did too. We must be the lucky ones who can eat anything now without any problems.

Up 1.5 tonight at WI and how I didnt burst into tears on the spot I do not know. I weighed myself and my scales showed a loss of 1. So devastated, it will take me 3 weeks to loose that cos my weight loss is never more than 1lb and thats if im lucky. This has just ruined my weekend now, I'm going away on Saturday night for a friends birthday and I am just dreading it.

Last week I was down 1.5 on a different leaders scales and it was my TOTM and then this week I'm up?? I just don't get it. I walked every day up until my accident on Tuesday and I was fairly good food wise. I really don't wanna go back, I just couldnt face another gain like that next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 slcb

Got through my first WW day, found the propoints a little difficult to work out but I think I'll get used to them. Was hungry late tonight and made a bowl of fruit salad, I'll have to work out what choices to make for dinners that leaves me with some points for late in the evenings, congrats to everyone who's lost weight this weeks - just reading the posts helps with my motivation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

misslt wrote: »

I've decided, the next time you say sorry for not walking you're getting a slap :P Exams take absolute priority and we'll be out pounding the pavement soon enough!
    carlyam2 wrote: »

I genuinely think WW is impossible without a scales. I was amazed at the portion sizes when I weighed out my food. I was eating far, far too much. Its great though because while it can look piddly at the beginning you get used to it very quickly. I find it takes a lot less food to fill me up now, which is great. I bought this kitchen scales and its brilliant.

Quick question for all those with the WW pedometers. Do you find its very sensitive?? I bought one on Tuesday at my WI and yesterday I racked up over 12,000 steps and today it was over 14,000. I had it on the all day, step counting mode and I earned what seems to be a lot of activity points! Given my weight I only need to do around 4,000 steps before I start earning but once I hit that the points seem to rack up very quickly. 6 yesterday and 7 today. Now I work in a busy enough library and I literally stand all day except for my lunch break but I was just really surprised at how many steps were appearing on that little screen! I don't intend to eat any of my activity points or anything, but I'd hate to think I spent €21 on something thats not shagging working properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

lil kc wrote: »
    Up 1.5 tonight at WI and how I didnt burst into tears on the spot I do not know. I weighed myself and my scales showed a loss of 1. So devastated, it will take me 3 weeks to loose that cos my weight loss is never more than 1lb and thats if im lucky. This has just ruined my weekend now, I'm going away on Saturday night for a friends birthday and I am just dreading it.

Last week I was down 1.5 on a different leaders scales and it was my TOTM and then this week I'm up?? I just don't get it. I walked every day up until my accident on Tuesday and I was fairly good food wise. I really don't wanna go back, I just couldnt face another gain like that next week.

Don't dwell on it. Our body reacts in different ways, your good week will probably show next week. I find TOTM can be different too. Like during it you can be down but I find after and before you can be up. Today is the start of new week, stay on track and i'm sure you will see good results next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 stanlea

Hi all,
    lost my first stone yesterday!Wahoo! Now hubby wants in on ww. Could anyone tell me about how many points a 6ft 30 yr old male weighing 13st should be on?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭harr

stanlea wrote: »
    Hi all,
    lost my first stone yesterday!Wahoo! Now hubby wants in on ww. Could anyone tell me about how many points a 6ft 30 yr old male weighing 13st should be on?
    thanks
    well done on your first stone:)
    your hubbys weight sounds fine, i wish i was 6ft and 13 stone instead on 5,7 and 15 stone :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement