Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

kashmir wrote: »
    Don't worry, just keep doing what ur doing, it happens like that took me 5/6 weeks to lose that last few lb to goal and then lost 3.5 one week out of the blue. Then you will find it very easy to maintain, just wait and see, you'll be chuffed...

Thanks Kashmir, I really think I'll be ok at maintaining once I get there but I've been up and down (only by a lb or so) for over 3 months now. Feeling very tired as I've lost 9st and just want it over. My leader has offered to up my goal by the 3lb but I just think I'd feel like I cheated my way there and mentally i really have to finish the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

kildareash wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    had a bit of a health scare last night, but as it turns out it will probably be positive for my weight loss!
    I have been feeling bad on and off for a few weeks, I thought it was all digestion related as I had been suffering from constipation.
    However, it all came to a head last night. My boyfriend's parents had cooked me a lovely meal for my birthday. We were just having a cup of tea after the meal when all of a sudden I got this violent pain.
    I'd had similar over the last few weeks, but this was a lot worse, so after an hour I decided to go to the emergency doc on call.
    They think I have gallstones (at 28!:eek::eek:). But there is a history in the family, and I suppose with my weight I was more at risk.
    Have appt with GP tomorrow because I will need to be referred for scan and so on to confirm it.
    have to take four different tablets for pain, incase there's an infection etc
    Fatty foods is one thing that can trigger an attack, so I'll have to be super strict now because I don't want to feel how I felt last night for along time again.

Sorry for long post, feeling a bit sorry for myself today.
    Well done to all this weeks losers, and glad the poor students among us are getting through their exams. At least the weather has changed now, will make it easier to study.

Sorry to hear that Kildareash, I feel your pain. I had the same issue a few years back and once I had my gallbladder removed it made a big difference. The only thing I found was that because you have no gallbladder anymore you have no bile being introduced to your stomach. The result being that you find it very difficult to break down animal and Dairy fats. i.e. The likes of cream won't like you anymore and want to leave your body as soon as possible.!!:D
    On the positive side, Its much easier to turn down a slice of cake when you know what its going to do to you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Hey everyone,
    had a bit of a health scare last night, but as it turns out it will probably be positive for my weight loss!
    I have been feeling bad on and off for a few weeks, I thought it was all digestion related as I had been suffering from constipation.
    However, it all came to a head last night. My boyfriend's parents had cooked me a lovely meal for my birthday. We were just having a cup of tea after the meal when all of a sudden I got this violent pain.
    I'd had similar over the last few weeks, but this was a lot worse, so after an hour I decided to go to the emergency doc on call.
    They think I have gallstones (at 28!:eek::eek:). But there is a history in the family, and I suppose with my weight I was more at risk.
    Have appt with GP tomorrow because I will need to be referred for scan and so on to confirm it.
    Fatty foods is one thing that can trigger an attack, so I'll have to be super strict now because I don't want to feel how I felt last night for along time again.

Well done to all this weeks losers, and glad the poor students among us are getting through their exams. At least the weather has changed now, will make it easier to study.

my bf (at the time) got them he was 24 at the time. He had to go on low fat, and if my memory serves me right low fibre aswell (or it might be HIGH FIBRE...cant remember fully) He was only finally diagnosed besed after rushing him into A+E in CUH 3 o clock one morning. Took so long to diagnose him...cos he couldn't be arsed sorting it out him self.

there are prob a few dietary health tip sheets online. But see this as a good thing...even more motivation to keep up your excellent work! and it'll be a good thing to finally know whats been causing your discomfort...answers are good. :)

http://www.gallbladderattack.com/gallbladderdiet.shtml#gallstonediet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Oh good luck! Souds like you are trying to make up!

That's what is kind of putting me off weight watchers- is it really scary doing a weigh in? If you are up do they shame you?

Not at all. LOL Think of it as any other service - YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER!! You are paying. Do not let the WI or the class put you off. This is ALL about YOU and YOU are the only one with power & control. I just wish everyone would realise that.

happyday wrote: »
    Thanks to markievicz for telling me they are 5 pps each. I can't find my original post or your reply! Its so hard to find my way round this site. I just know you replied cos I got an email.

I was up 3 lbs this week after a good run of loosing since Christmas. Back to the grindstone now. The rainy weather doesn't help with the walking does it!?

We have had no rain in ages in Dublin, great for walking, but no great if you are still eating way too much like me!! Anyway, back to it now!

Just to say, if you click on the link on the email sent to you it brings you to the message that was posted and in that your original message should have a tab that brings you back to it when you click it. Hope I am not confusing you.

Good luck for the next week, you'll be fine, you have been until now, we all deserve a break every now and again, important thing is to get back and you've already demonstrated that.

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »
    As of tomorrow I'm doing the no track thingy... The daily points just isn't working for me, I've too much leeway on junk food! Is anyone else doing it?? I'll still track everything goin into my mouth but won't daily point! It worked 5 years ago!?

I'm really thinking about it to get properly back on track. I know what you mean re: the junk food. The only thing really is bread, the idea of only eating the WW bread is really putting me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that - you must have been in awful pain - a good motivator though for losing weight!!!!

fionas046 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Kildareash, I feel your pain. I had the same issue a few years back and once I had my gallbladder removed it made a big difference. The only thing I found was that because you have no gallbladder anymore you have no bile being introduced to your stomach. The result being that you find it very difficult to break down animal and Dairy fats. i.e. The likes of cream won't like you anymore and want to leave your body as soon as possible.!!:D
    On the positive side, Its much easier to turn down a slice of cake when you know what its going to do to you!!

Yes, Fiona and Kildareash, I know people who have had gallbaldder removed and cream is definately an issue, they are still quite careful about what they eat but feel so much better. It's a build up of calcium or something?? Apparently an Irish/Celtic thing - dunno. Anyway, hope it all works out well for you Kildareash - keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

kashmir wrote: »
    I'm really thinking about it to get properly back on track. I know what you mean re: the junk food. The only thing really is bread, the idea of only eating the WW bread is really putting me off.

I know, but I can't eat bread anyway (afair you could eat ryvita on the No Count), the no crackers / smoked salmon is getting to me a bit :confused: But with points I allow myself junk on a daily basis and it's not good for me!!!

Re the galbladder - mom had hers out 40 years ago (if the stones aren't too bad they won't need to take it out) and she eats cheese and other fatty (just not excessively) foods!!!! Follow the diet the hospital give you...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I only started this last night so could someone tell me if pointed my lunch correctly today: it was a baked potato with cheese, small tin tuna + salad. Details on potato box, 500gm box with 2 potatoes...i had one, so 250gm portion.

Typical values per 100gm
    Protein 3.1g
    Carbs 19.7g
    Fat 3.3g
    Fibre 2.2g

Im PP'd this as 7.5 (rounded up to 8) with small tin tuna (2) and coffee with sugar and milk (2) i got a total of 12. i put fat free dressing on it so do i count that?

Satsuma (0)

Breakfast porridge with water and sugar (4).One coffee with sugar and milk (2)

Ive 40 points daily so i still have 22 left for dinner is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gillygill

Summer2011 wrote: »
    Hi, just joined Boards today and found this thread but it seems to have been dormant for a while or am I looking at the wrong place? I have also just joined WW Online (with a bit of a work around with addresses!) so looking for any motivation and help going..............Did the person who found the Tesco Beef Mince use it and was it good? I love mince but always cut it out altogether when I am trying to lose some weight..........
    hiya ,

im in weight watchers 8 months and have lost over 3 stone . i like mince myself so when im making it i use the quarn or turkey mince . hope this helps !

ps .. im new to this 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gillygill

:)hey all , im new to this and havnt really got a clue where im posting this but hay ... il give it a go . I have been on ww about 8 months (have been in before but fell of the wagon) i joined at 12.13 and am now 9.13 in the last few weeks ive got rally bored with the foods just wondering if anybody has any lunch/dinner ideas and low snack ones too ?? cheers xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Thanks guys, maybe this is the kick up the a*s* I need, I've been slowly slipping into bad habits over the last few weeks.

@michelledoh...no one will ever know at the meetings whether you're up or down that particular wk. The leaders don't shame you if your up, but the opposite. They encourage you to try harder for the following wk or figure out what went wrong that resulted in a gain.

oooh just had dinner :) so even with my gigantic waste of pp for that 12pp muffin earlier i'm only 3pp over my dailies....its exam time thats allowed...and i have like 20 weeklies to get me thru the next two days on top dailies...i'll be okay! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Was down a lb tonight :D delighted because after 3 consecutive weeks of losses I'm finally back on track! and that's without any exercise. Thought I might have STS because I felt kinda bloated and because of exams.

Welcome to all the newbies. Hope you find this thread as helpful as I do!

Kildareash hope you feel better. I've heard they can give you awful pains. At least there's some bright light with it helping your weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey everyone...

had my wi in last night was down 4lbs:eek: :D so happy got my 5th silver seven:D 2 and half stone gone since february wohooo...:D
    Hope everyone elses wi in goes great :)...

Oh i bought Brennans Whippersnapper Bread and its 4pp for TWO slices happy out:D... YUMMY:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well done Izzy that's a great achievement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Woo, down 1.5lb at WI this evening. Delighted as I ate ALL my weeklies and dailies and activity points this week and only exercised 2 days. Tomorrow is a brand new week and I am going to try and be really good so hopefully will see a similar result or better next week.

Of course you can do it Lainy, just plan a bit and you will be fine. Also, the WW muffins in dunnes stores are only 4PP and might be handy for your bag for after your exams or any cereal bar and some fruit.

Monife wrote: »
    Woo, down 1.5lb at WI this evening. Delighted as I ate ALL my weeklies and dailies and activity points this week and only exercised 2 days. Tomorrow is a brand new week and I am going to try and be really good so hopefully will see a similar result or better next week.

Of course you can do it Lainy, just plan a bit and you will be fine. Also, the WW muffins in dunnes stores are only 4PP and might be handy for your bag for after your exams or any cereal bar and some fruit.

I think it was cos my schedule is out of wack that threw me off. Havent seen the muffins in my local dunnes. our dunnes is a really crappy one. the one in Douglas has huge ww stock section! prob wont get there till after my exams. Just havent had a chance to make my own bran one.

Exams will be finished next Thursday so have the whole summer to work on ME! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

had WI this evening and was down 1.5lbs wooooohoooo got to my 3 stone down :D im delighted with that. now im 3.5lbs away from ww goal but i want to lose another stone after that if i can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

OK had yummiest dinner... 15pp, serves 1.:p

125grs mince 6pp
    1 Wrap 5pp
    Mushrooms 0pp
    Onions 0pp
    Peppers 0pp
    Jar Passata 0pp
    low fat cheese 30gs 2pp
    Sour Cream 30gs 2pp
    Lettuce
    Tomato

Cook mince, onions, mushrooms and peppers and add the passata (as much or as little as u like). When its all cooked fill half the wrap with it and add the cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream. Fold over the wrap and cook on the frying pan turning over half way. when its all cooked serve and Enjoy:D:p... Its so yummy:p...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Down 2lbs today. Happy as it is the right direction, but disappointed as I was a total angel this week. Was hoping for a bigger loss. Hopefully I can keep up the tracking and exercise this week and see another decent loss next week. 4.5lbs away from my 2 stone so hopefully i'll get that in the next 2 weeks or so.

Well done everyone on the losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Dee01 wrote: »
    Down 2lbs today. Happy as it is the right direction, but disappointed as I was a total angel this week. Was hoping for a bigger loss. Hopefully I can keep up the tracking and exercise this week and see another decent loss next week. 4.5lbs away from my 2 stone so hopefully i'll get that in the next 2 weeks or so.

Well done everyone on the losses.

2lbs is brilliant. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Monife wrote: »
    2lbs is brilliant. Well done!

thanks Monife, I am happy I just worked my butt off this week, but there have been weeks when i didn't and still managed 1.5 or so, so it all evens out. Keep up the good work yourself;)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Down 1.5, delighted, thought the week before last would have caught up with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Was down a lb tonight :D delighted because after 3 consecutive weeks of losses I'm finally back on track! and that's without any exercise. Thought I might have STS because I felt kinda bloated and because of exams.

Welcome to all the newbies. Hope you find this thread as helpful as I do!

Kildareash hope you feel better. I've heard they can give you awful pains. At least there's some bright light with it helping your weight loss.

Well done Eabha! such a great feeling being down, good luck in exams! :)

Hey folks,

Do anyone know the points of those tiny baby potatos? checked my shopping guide and cudnt find them? Thanks :)

Well done to all losses this week!

boxoff wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Do anyone know the points of those tiny baby potatos? checked my shopping guide and cudnt find them? Thanks :)

Well done to all losses this week!

would the info not be on the tin?

Woops thought you said Tin of potatoes,

baby potatoes are also known as salad potatoes are 2pp per 100g

Hey everyone,

Hope your feeling better Kildareash! Gosh Id say the shock of it alone, knocked ya for six, take it easy now and mind yourself :)

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    would the info not be on the tin?

Nope they werent outa a tin, were out of the ground, not in the shopping guide either. Trying to be super good this week aswell - hope your exams are going well :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement