Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Congrats to everyone on there brilliant losses this week:)... Everyone seems to have done brilliant this week:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So my wk has been okayish! As I said above I was demotivated after my WI but I've stuck with it & with the exception of Sunday & Monday I've done my 5k every evening since Friday! I've tracked religiously since day one but this wk I have had 2 occasions where I had 2 squares of chocolate ( 2pp) & thought feck it I'm not putting it on my tracker! I know I'm fooling myself but I felt the need to rebel somewhat this week!! Silly I know & it could be a slippery slope I'll nip it in the bud tomorrow after WI!!

Ive been feeling really horrible this wk but I've been feeding myself with lots of nice healthy food which my body was craving - lots of salmon & avocado I know they're high pp but I needed some good fats also had some sirloin steak as well I dunno maybe I'm a bit anaemic or something? I just feel sluggish & tired ATM :rolleyes:

I'm hoping for a good result Tomor - but wouldn't be surprised if I STS! The oh has planned a big date night for tomor - he's Italian so he's going all out I think he knows I need cheering up & to be looked after! I'm going to enjoy it no matter what the scales says tomor!

Good look with WI the rest of ye still to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

Had a disgraceful week last week I think the reintroduction of chocolate into my diet after lent was my downfall. I have decided to avoid wi this week and just start again and hopefully get on top of the damage I have done.

Well done to everyone on the losses, it's great motivation to see everyone doing so well. I really need to get my head back into measuring food again and also loads of exercising.

I'm just really happy there is no more bank holiday weekends before my holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

LollieB25 wrote: »
    Had a disgraceful week last week I think the reintroduction of chocolate into my diet after lent was my downfall. I have decided to avoid wi this week and just start again and hopefully get on top of the damage I have done.

Well done to everyone on the losses, it's great motivation to see everyone doing so well. I really need to get my head back into measuring food again and also loads of exercising.

Don't avoid your WI its really important to draw a line under any damage and move forward.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

fionas046 wrote: »
    Don't avoid your WI its really important to draw a line under any damage and move forward.:)

My wi is normally on a Monday evening but with the Bank Holiday it was cancelled and I haven't had time to get to another meeting this week :(

I've gone back to religiously tracking everything that goes into my mouth and exercising 4 times a week in the hope I can correct the damage.

I'm totally disappointed in myself as I had worked so hard in getting the 18 lbs off and then just went crazy on junk food last week, I'm hoping I can at least stay the same at my next wi on Mon :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I agree with Fionas046 - don't avoid your WI - the bad week is the time you need it. It will motivate you to get back on track. Put the bad week behind you and move forward. Good luck!

I'm off to a WW fashion show tomorrow night. It's in aid of Cancer Care West and all the models are people who have lost weight with WW. I think they introduce themselves first and tell their story and then model the clothes. My leader was one of those who helped organise it so she was selling tickets. I'm looking forward to it - it should be a good night out. I think I'll have dinner before I go - I don't want to be spotted by my leader in the hotel bar pigging out!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

My wi is normally on a Monday evening but with the Bank Holiday it was cancelled and I haven't had time to get to another meeting this week :(

I've gone back to religiously tracking everything that goes into my mouth and exercising 4 times a week in the hope I can correct the damage.

I'm totally disappointed in myself as I had worked so hard in getting the 18 lbs off and then just went crazy on junk food last week, I'm hoping I can at least stay the same at my next wi on Mon :eek:

Each and every one of us fall off the wagon from time to time, don't beat yourself up about it. If there is one thing I've come to believe in its the power of positive thinking. Just brush yourself off and hop right back on. Positive thinking has helped me loose 9st and I can still fall off but its just not worth staying off! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Totally off topic but needed to rant.

I am having such a hard time finding somewhere to rent. Letting agencies/landlords not ringing me back, people not accepting to lower the rents, not accepting a smoker (myself, the OH doesn't smoke), not being able to set up viewings. I don't remember it being this hard a year ago (i'm a year in the current place).

Losing the will to live. Really want to move out by the end of May. Places are still sooo expensive :( Finding it really hard to find a place (and organise viewings), plan meals, stay on track, actually do some work in work, exercise, find time to see friends/family, clean the flat and then all the stress of an impending court case involving my OH's residency.

My head is melted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fluffball

fionas046 wrote: »
    Each and every one of us fall off the wagon from time to time, don't beat yourself up about it. If there is one thing I've come to believe in its the power of positive thinking. Just brush yourself off and hop right back on. Positive thinking has helped me loose 9st and I can still fall off but its just not worth staying off! :)

My God Fionas046 thats fantastic and heres me thinking Im great 11.5 Lbs in 7 weeks....any tips last week and this week half pound only very dissappointed was so so good in my class after easter I was the only one who lost. I am finding it hard, im a very basic eater dont touch any dairy at all so my menu is so repetitious. Well done to everybody loosing, delighted I came across here yesterday.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i had weigh in this morn and stayed the same:D had to hand back my old card and collect my GOLD one next week:D:Dhope everyone is getting on ok with the exams and good luck and well done to everyone at wi's:)

• Advertisement

Aw Monife I feel your pain! I'm also trying to find somewhere to live & like you my head is wrecked! It's such a pain in the hoop & what's the story with the rents flipping sky high I saw a place @ 975 per month too expensive so I said well 900 & they said no way That would be like only getting 11 months rent! Eh the place has been vacant 2 mths already so they're already down 2 months - total clown of a landlord & letting agent & tbh if that's how they're gonna be now can you imagine what they'd be like when there's a problem??!

It's getting me down too & it's so hard to fit in life around that as well as work & WW!!

I hope things get better for you soon & best of luck to your oh hope he gets that sorted ASAP :) just remember you're doing great on WW so pat yourself on the back for that alone!

Here's hoping we both find somewhere to live & continue a downward trend on the scales!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Happy dance here, 2nd weigh in and lost 3 1/2 pounds and got my silver seven as it's a total of 8 1/2lbs lost. Would love to make my 5% next week!
    Only thing is I'm down from 30 daily pp's to 29, won't be that bad I suppose.

Just pointed up the smoked mackerel I had planned on having for lunch - 150g is 14 pp's!!!! Going to have 75g piece instead!

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Aw Monife I feel your pain! I'm also trying to find somewhere to live & like you my head is wrecked! It's such a pain in the hoop & what's the story with the rents flipping sky high I saw a place @ 975 per month too expensive so I said well 900 & they said no way That would be like only getting 11 months rent! Eh the place has been vacant 2 mths already so they're already down 2 months - total clown of a landlord & letting agent & tbh if that's how they're gonna be now can you imagine what they'd be like when there's a problem??!

It's getting me down too & it's so hard to fit in life around that as well as work & WW!!

I hope things get better for you soon & best of luck to your oh hope he gets that sorted ASAP :) just remember you're doing great on WW so pat yourself on the back for that alone!

Here's hoping we both find somewhere to live & continue a downward trend on the scales!

Thanks a mil Kay. You brought a smile to my face :)

It's so hard. Our budget is €700 a month (OH lost his job last year due to the other stuff going on, and that is the max I can go, it is nearly half my wages a month) and we would love a 2 bedroom apartment and with this recession you think there would be 2 bedroom apartments out there for that price, but no, they start €850 (if you're lucky) and only go up! Went to see one and it was €750 and I wasn't in love with it but it was ok and I said would he take €700 and all he did was moan about how his mortgage has gone up and he had to redecorate after the last tenant etc etc Felt like saying eh that's not my problem, but you should be jumping at €700 for this place.

Just have to keep on trucking! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Monife and Kay-80 ye should try rent together keep rent down and support each other in ww too:D

Jesus no probs Monife we're all about the support in here! :) that's really hard going & has to be stressful on all fronts. We're also looking for a 2 bed & you're right most start at 800 or so. The amount of Poky little dives I've seen for 1000 upwards is unreal - landlords need to get with the program lower the rents & have a steady stream of income to offset their mortgage or have vacant properties & bear the brunt of the cost themselves!!

Bottom line it's not our fault their investment properties are in neg equity or that their mortgage is sky high or their last tenants are **** they should be snapping the hand off you! That's Dublin for you though! We'll get there though.... Eventually!! Pm me any time you wanna vent if you don't want to post it in here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

hi
    thanks for all the info on subway points,i am just about to tuck into my sweet onion chicken terikai with out cheese it looks yum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 velleity

tantipie, congrats on getting your gold card. That is fab. You must be so proud of yourself.

Caros, well done, that’s really brilliant.

Monife, I feel for you on the smoking thing. When I was looking for a place it was a nightmare because of that. I understand that smoking is bad, but if I’m renting a place I feel it should be my home, and I’m allowed to do what I like, providing it isn’t illegal, in my home. Smoking isn’t a crime yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 slcb

Hi, I joined WW last night, I did try it a few years ago but didn't put much effort in to it as I didn't have much weight to lose. I moved 100 miles from my family and friends almost three years ago and have gained approx two stone mainly from eating while I'm home alone. I also have some health issues which meant I had to give up work a few years ago and I really miss the routine and social aspect of working (it helped that I loved my job!!) so while I know why the weights gone on I still find it hard to get motivated to lose it so any help, hints or tips will be much appreciated.

velleity wrote: »

Monife, I feel for you on the smoking thing. When I was looking for a place it was a nightmare because of that. I understand that smoking is bad, but if I’m renting a place I feel it should be my home, and I’m allowed to do what I like, providing it isn’t illegal, in my home. Smoking isn’t a crime yet.

+1 on this I also smoke but more socially than anything I don't tell them I smoke cos I tend to go outside or do it on the balcony but the odd few cigs here & there are hardly going to wreck the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jack01

Caros wrote: »
    Happy dance here, 2nd weigh in and lost 3 1/2 pounds and got my silver seven as it's a total of 8 1/2lbs lost. Would love to make my 5% next week!
    Only thing is I'm down from 30 daily pp's to 29, won't be that bad I suppose.

Just pointed up the smoked mackerel I had planned on having for lunch - 150g is 14 pp's!!!! Going to have 75g piece instead!

Well done on the loss :pac: ....... Its crazy that mackerel is so high because its so good for you its full of good fats which are great for your body! Its foods like this which are super foods and are so high in pp's that make me feel WW isn't as good for you as you'd think but I know its a great weight loss programme for some people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭pw01

Hi,

Having lost over 2 stone 3 years ago with ww , i gained just over a stone a year ago. i have went back to ww serval times in the last year but cant get back into it at all.
    i get all motivated for a few weks and then i undo all my hard work! i hate the thoughts of having to go back to ww monday only to see another gain after a 4 week break.
    i'm thinking of buying scales and trying to follow the program myself having years of meetings under my belt!

Any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

pw01 wrote: »
    Hi,

Having lost over 2 stone 3 years ago with ww , i gained just over a stone a year ago. i have went back to ww serval times in the last year but cant get back into it at all.
    i get all motivated for a few weks and then i undo all my hard work! i hate the thoughts of having to go back to ww monday only to see another gain after a 4 week break.
    i'm thinking of buying scales and trying to follow the program myself having years of meetings under my belt!

Any advice

I'm doing on my tod, but have a spreadsheet to help my track my food and weight loss ... great motivater to see how the graph pans out after the WI. But my wife does the meetings so not 100% on my own

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Jesus no probs Monife we're all about the support in here! :) that's really hard going & has to be stressful on all fronts. We're also looking for a 2 bed & you're right most start at 800 or so. The amount of Poky little dives I've seen for 1000 upwards is unreal - landlords need to get with the program lower the rents & have a steady stream of income to offset their mortgage or have vacant properties & bear the brunt of the cost themselves!!

Bottom line it's not our fault their investment properties are in neg equity or that their mortgage is sky high or their last tenants are **** they should be snapping the hand off you! That's Dublin for you though! We'll get there though.... Eventually!! Pm me any time you wanna vent if you don't want to post it in here :)

Thanks Kay. Yeah it is ridiculous some of the places out there, you wouldn't let your dog live in them!! Yeah I feel bad for homeowners in negative equity, and i'm going to sound like a complete b**ch when I say this, but I don't feel sorry for landlords in negative equity. If they were able to buy a 2nd property, they should accept responsibility for looking after it and be wary of prices etc dropping.

I think there is WAAAAY to much of this "Celtic Tiger Boom Greediness" going around. I never had much even during the boom so I don't really know what I am missing, but some people/landlords/shops etc are still so greedy when people are struggling to survive on the (severely cut) meagre wages.

Ok, realised I have just rambled off into another rant again haha

Sorry girls.

And well done everyone on your losses, and exam girls, hope the exams went great today!

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

oat wrote: »
    No its not that, my leader is really nice. I'll just be really annoyed with myself after all my hard work the first 4 weeks. I'm always on such a high after a loss

Well don't think too negative about things it's not going to help! Do your best this week! Its a marathon not a sprint, the weight won't fall off (i wish) and I'm sure everyone has bad weeks! You need to bounce back and put in all your hard work! It is possible with the right frame of mind!

If your up this week, if you keep working as hard as you did next week you will definatly be down! Have belief in yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Exams done for the week! Back in again Monday morning...got soaked in the rain today yuck! Hopefully will fit in treadmill session tomorrow! no water in the house at the moment, plumber working on it (so fingers crossed it'll be back tonight) but incase its not back...i wouldnt be able to have a shower after treadmill and i'd just be all gross and gross! ick! Thats my excuse and i'm sticking to :P but nah cant face treamill today i'm cold and tired. cant turn on heating cos thats linked to the water. lol blasted my self with the hair dryer LOL.

Plan until end of exam...just eat healthy in general.... not going to obsess about going over points....passing exams is more important! I think I should be able to get 1lb this week! i'd love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Wow, it's been busy here over the last 24 hours!
    Feeling better today, emergency doc gave me a few different tablets and I was so spaced out and drowsy yesterday! GP gave me letter for consultant and they had an appointment in the morning. So delighted, to be seen so quickly.
    Thank ye so much for all the lovely messages. But anyway, enough about me...back to ye
    lil kc wrote: »
    Also had an accident yesterday where i fainted in my bedroom and my back landed on my step machine and i woke up face down on the floor so have whopper bruises and pains so haven't been able to exercise. So needless to say not expecting miracles this week!
    OMG girl, mind yourself! Make sure you're eating properly and that it doesn't happen again.
    m'lady wrote: »
    Hey all... I am so demotivated at the moment I don't know what is wrong with me :mad:, the last couple of days I have just not been arsed, and seriously need to cop on. I have tracked solidly for the last 12 weeks, and since yesterday I havent been, and also haven't exercised.
    M'lady don't be so hard on yourself. Your body is telling you that you need a break from being so disciplined. I bet if you just take it easy for a few days you'll find your motivation again.
    tantipie wrote: »
    i had weigh in this morn and stayed the same:D had to hand back my old card and collect my GOLD one next week:D:Dhope everyone is getting on ok with the exams and good luck and well done to everyone at wi's:)
    Woohoo..big moment! Congrats :D I'm green with jealousy!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

down 2.5 today :D got a silver 7 :D going to aim for 3lb loss this week so I can get down to my previous best ww weight, not sure if that can be done but I'm thinking if i try not to use many of my weeklies and squeese some extra excercise in, it might tip over to the 3lb mark. then I can be going forward/downward! till now I've just been trying to catch up with where I left off last time I was on WW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

corasam wrote: »
    down 2.5 today :D got a silver 7 :D going to aim for 3lb loss this week so I can get down to my previous best ww weight, not sure if that can be done but I'm thinking if i try not to use many of my weeklies and squeese some extra excercise in, it might tip over to the 3lb mark. then I can be going forward/downward! till now I've just been trying to catch up with where I left off last time I was on WW

Corasm, congrats on your Weight loss and silver seven.
    Just a word of caution about your next goal. 3lbs in one week, is very ambitious.
    1lb per week, is a much more achieveable goal, and it's what WW recommend also.
    I don't wish to put a dampner on your excitement, and it's not to say that you can't do it but I'd hate for you to be disappointed if you didn't reach your goal next week.
    Good luck x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Just a:D:Dte a loop the loop 3 hours before WI. Oh yeah i'm a rebel! It was de-lish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Mmmm I'd love a Loop the Loop. Actually might get a Tangle Twister on the way home :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement