Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any brands you don't buy on principle?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

jesus whats wrong with you, calm down

I rose from the dead on Sunday, FFS. Give me a break. I gave the world a second coming, Steve Jobs to spread the word, Apple, and look at you ingrates.

stovelid wrote: »
    In fairness, despite having a perfectly functional iPod that I like for years, I've always avoided owning an Apple computer or iPhone in a chldish reaction against smug Apple lovers so I'm as much of a facile moron as any fanboy.

Euphemism for can't afford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I rose from the dead on Sunday, FFS. Give me a break. I gave the world a second coming, Steve Jobs to spread the word, Apple, and look at you ingrates.

i think you might be having a stroke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Bacardi For sponsoring the Blockade on Cuban products while similtaneously (falsely) advertising itself as a cuban product. Scmubags :mad:

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

wow. good one.

• Advertisement

optogirl wrote: »
    wow. good one.

Thanks.

i think you might be having a stroke

Nope, using both hands whilst typing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Secondly, I can just imagine you typing all this out with a shìt-eating grin on your face, like you've accomplished something in your day.

Heh, what a pathetic comeback of a post. All topped off with your "wiped out" nonsense, it's like I'm arguing with a child who's thinks he's won debate of the day.

A clear sign when a bullshìtter draws straws on an argument is when they point out spelling to gain one up.

Seriously, grow up, I'm done talking to you. This isn't even about disliking a brand anymore. I have my reasons for not liking Apple, you have your..............childish remarks and wafer-thin comeback of a post.

I have achieved something today. I've provided level based comparisons and figures to establish my side of a discussion. You on the other hand came back with not a single relevant point, realised the fallacy of your statements and resort to throw away comments such as "childish" and "bul****ter". I suppose when you don't want to realise you've just lost an argument you can always fall back on school yard insults. I kinda realised that was your level from the start but afforded you the benefit of doubt.

Seriously I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and sh!t a better argument than yours. Good night and god bless, its been an absolute pleasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭this is arse

Quinn direct, shower of arsehooles

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ah, one for the road...
    iregk wrote: »
    I have achieved something today. I've provided level based comparisons and figures to establish my side of a discussion...........

I'll refer you to your earlier, daft and only "fact" you provided:
    Also being a technician I'm sure you're well aware that the price of flash memory has risen 250% in the past 18 months.

Superb
    You on the other hand came back with not a single relevant point, realised the fallacy of your statements and resort to throw away comments such as "childish" and "bul****ter". I suppose when you don't want to realise you've just lost an argument you can always fall back on school yard insults.

You've just described all of your posts in relation to this in a nutshell perfectly for me, thanks :)

Bye now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Still no alternatives. And your points above are just YOUR opinion, not facts. I am still without this mystical clue that is absent in my life.

I find your opinion to be the lesser of my own opinion.

Again, give me a list of alternatives. Now.
    Well first off Sony, ASUS and Toshiba are more reliable.
    Not exactly rock-solid.
    A quick search on the Dell website gave me a Dell laptop for €580 with a higher spec than a Macbook for €999.
    Just got a Sony there for under €800 with a higher spec than a Macbook Pro for €1200 (except a 2.1 GHz processor instead of a a 2.3GHz on the Macbook) and larger screen on the Sony.
    Not exactly reasonably priced.
    User-friendly?
    Both of these laptops also have HDMI-outs, VGA-outs and multiple card readers. Probably an extra €100 quid just to have these simple features on a Mac, that come as standard on most laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

killwill wrote: »
    Tommy Hilfiger, in Canada he said if he knew blacks would end up wearing his clothes he never would have been a fashion designer.

In Canada Eh? Was he just standing in the middle of Canada shouting this or what?

Anyway, as has been said, it was supposedly on the Oprah show , but it never happened either way.

Well first off Sony, ASUS and Toshiba are more reliable.
    Not exactly rock-solid.
    A quick search on the Dell website gave me a Dell laptop for €580 with a higher spec than a Macbook for €999.
    Just got a Sony there for under €800 with a higher spec than a Macbook Pro for €1200 (except a 2.1 GHz processor instead of a a 2.3GHz on the Macbook) and larger screen on the Sony.
    Not exactly reasonably priced.
    User-friendly?
    Both of these laptops also have HDMI-outs, VGA-outs and multiple card readers. Probably an extra €100 quid just to have these simple features on a Mac, that come as standard on most laptops.
    Have had both. Utter, utter ****e. Sony, overpriced, paying for a name garbage.

Dell.... 'nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

menoscemo wrote: »
    Bacardi For sponsoring the Blockade on Cuban products while similtaneously (falsely) advertising itself as a cuban product. Scmubags :mad:Link

Bacardi was a Cuban product, based out of Cuba since the 19th Century where their rum was perfected. The family behind Bacardi supported the revolutionaries in the beginning but changed their tune when they realised private property and business would no longer be welcome in Cuba, so they got out before their business was robbed from them á la the original ownwers of the Havana Club brand which is now peddled by the Castro and friends gang. The only reason they aren't a 'Cuban' product is that the business would have been nationalised from under them. Why wouldn't they be píssed off? Strangely enough, Guinness brewed in Nigerian breweries features St James's Gate, Dublin on the label, so I fail to see the argument against Bacardi for alluding to it's Cuban origins.

If the Castro regime want to rely on the protections of company law and trademarking they shouldn't have been so quick to ignore them originally to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Plus all the queueing outside the shops.

Too much for me.

Too much for me.

Well in fairness that's ridiculous. But three weeks wait or whatever is fine for most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Irish Daily Mail

I read that main site and look at the comments and some of them are not slow to throw out the paddy comments.
    Yeah I can take a joke but so much outrage and anger on that site. They genuinely are angry over many issues and blame Irish people for some

There is an anti Irish slant on things on the website that the Irish Daily Mail would never use.
    Now I believe the Irish Daily Mail have their own editoral staff but meh, it's all the same to me

Have had both. Utter, utter ****e. Sony, overpriced, paying for a name garbage.
    You just undermined your whole argument in two sentences. Well done. Sony are more reliable, more user-friendly and better value for money. The numbers don't lie.
    Dell.... 'nuff said.

Please go on, I can't wait to read this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Too much for me.

A lot of that is actually done by apple themselves. The rent a crowd system. Chap I work with took a days holiday as he was paid to go down and q on Grafton street. Apparently its very common for companies to do this to try and whip up a storm over a product. Sony did the same with the PS3 launch in Tokyo. The first couple of hundred people were all flown in from China by Sony

You just undermined your whole argument in two sentences. Well done. Sony are more reliable, more user-friendly and better value for money. The numbers don't lie.

Please go on, I can't wait to read this.

Nope I'm out. I'm not getting into this any further. Whether you think you're right or wrong, I don't care. From my perspective you proven all I needed proved. You are another who cuts his nose off to spite his face because of some irrational fear of Apple products.

I want nothing more to do with this discussion. I've said all that needs to be said.

• Advertisement

Nope I'm out. I'm not getting into this any further. Whether you think you're right or wrong, I don't care. From my perspective you proven all I needed proved. You are another who cuts his nose off to spite his face because of some irrational fear of Apple products.

I want nothing more to do with this discussion. I've said all that needs to be said.

That is fine. I know, and everyone else knows that I'm right. You've brought absolutely nothing to the discussion except bullshit. Not one point you've made was backed up with even the scent of fact. Well done.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'd rather believe the billionaire Steve Jobs' hipster savvy guff-speak than some bedsit cowboy whose ACER laptop has to be left on an asbestos table for fear that it's overheating battery and burn the gaff down.
    Just to point out, many manufacturers including Apple had recalled batteries due to the fact they could catch fire, this was due to Sony making faulty batteries which were known to overheat, see Here for proof of this. It was neither Dells, Acers, Apples etc fault for this, the blame is on Sony. Like Nvidia are to be blamed for the overheating 8xxx series GPUs in laptops/desktops including Macs which will all die eventually, if not already.
    Anyways my list of avoided companies:
    Apple, Sony, PC World, Dixons, Ryanair, Eircom, Vodafone (since switching from them am saving an absolute fortune!)

Nick

That is fine. I know, and everyone else knows that I'm right. You've brought absolutely nothing to the discussion except bullshit. Not one point you've made was backed up with even the scent of fact. Well done.
    Lol!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

The Sun.. never ever by that rag of paper! But always have a wee peak at page 3 :P No but seriously, refuse to by any tabloid paper!

O-Deazy wrote: »
    The Sun.. never ever by that rag of paper! But always have a wee peak at page 3 :P No but seriously, refuse to by any tabloid paper!

Tabloids are responsible for a huge amount of social ills. The tripe they peddle that unfortunately so many people buy into is so pervasive and all encompassing. Their brand of lowest common denominator journalism and race to the bottom ethics would make any rational person despair. Amoral vapidity fed to an increasingly gluttonous society who crave this salacious bilge.

Tabloids have created so many of the cultural norms that we find abhorrent. They have single handedly created the cult of celebrity. Fück them to hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Moderators :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Feckfox

iregk wrote: »
    A lot of that is actually done by apple themselves. The rent a crowd system. Chap I work with took a days holiday as he was paid to go down and q on Grafton street. Apparently its very common for companies to do this to try and whip up a storm over a product. Sony did the same with the PS3 launch in Tokyo. The first couple of hundred people were all flown in from China by Sony

Serious?

I forgot to say RTE. I don't boycott them as such but I don't watch them or think they produce anything useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

Tabloids are responsible for a huge amount of social ills. The tripe they peddle that unfortunately so many people buy into is so pervasive and all encompassing. Their brand of lowest common denominator journalism and race to the bottom ethics would make any rational person despair. Amoral vapidity fed to an increasingly gluttonous society who crave this salacious bilge.

Tabloids have created so many of the cultural norms that we find abhorrent. They have single handedly created the cult of celebrity. Fück them to hell!

Great post! So how did the thesaurus taste? :p

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

heh. Deluded much?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I remember when the Green sauce was up here, i didn't buy it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement