Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hiding in the back room of my house on the laptop because my dad has the biggest cream sponge cake of all time and is cutting it . I know I cant say no so have left the vacinity! Oh the sacrifes we make!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

So i went to WI on tue & was down 2.5 yayyyyyyy :D step in the right direction!
    feeling much better since last week about my goal thanks to those who replied! Your all right, im going to keep focusing on 7 pound each time and work from there...and not focus on the end goal just yet!
    I have a party on sat night & wer having a chinese on sat for mothers day :eek: so ill have to be extra good this week to allow for this, wanna be down another 2 next week...fingers crossed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

boxoff wrote: »
    Hiding in the back room of my house on the laptop because my dad has the biggest cream sponge cake of all time and is cutting it . I know I cant say no so have left the vacinity! Oh the sacrifes we make!

HATE when that happens. My dad was in Birmingham on Tues and brought home two massive multi packs of chocolate bars and he only bought them because he had no change for water and needed to use his credit card :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Aldi are doing there own Slimline milk! 85c a litre! Wooooo!
    Avanmore slimline is 1.15 a litre, CMP slimline is horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Was in 2 minds about going out this evening back to where I left off (after being sick) to do the couch to 5k. I have been still coughing seriously (even though I finished my antibiotics yesterday) and was thinking of putting it off. Well I went out in the end, and I am delighted I did. Feel great to have done it, and it was only 30 minutes but felt so beneficial and I managed all the runs today. Legs weren't half as sore in my runners, were barely sore at all actually :) Chuffed with myself!!

Although I did look a mess when I was running, my nose was streaming and I was sniffling and coughing but for once didnt give a damn who was looking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

kids were at me to do some baking so just made the banana muffin's that are on here,,oh my god,,heaven and there huge for 4pp:D

tantipie wrote: »
    kids were at me to do some baking so just made the banana muffin's that are on here,,oh my god,,heaven and there huge for 4pp:D

any tips/suggestions to make sure they rise ? anything i bake seems to fall flat :(

maybe its the quality of the ingredients i'm using, hope you dont mind me asking what were the brands of ingredients you used?

Elemis wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I'm hoping someone can help me, I've just been given a box of Lindt chocolate orange thins, (the orange box of 200g that you get in airports etc) and i was wondering how on earth I am going to point them?? I've had 2 already they are my absolute favourite.

Maybe someone would know?

Using the NI from link below, I am getting 7PP per 40g.

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/lindt/dark-chocolate-orange-ultra-thins/

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    any tips/suggestions to make sure they rise ? anything i bake seems to fall flat :(

maybe its the quality of the ingredients i'm using, hope you dont mind me asking what were the brands of ingredients you used?
    everything is aldi!!! a good hot oven !with this recipe the bun cases were full before they started baking so they had no choice but to rise:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey would anyone know the pp of a panini, I couldn't resist today,was so hungry and they looked gorgeous!

• Advertisement

tantipie wrote: »
    everything is aldi!!! a good hot oven !with this recipe the bun cases were full before they started baking so they had no choice but to rise:D

the small cases or the big muffin cases?

sorry for all the Qs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Blaaaach. Had a Chinese.

Feck it, was within my points, and I got the binge over me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Aldi are doing there own Slimline milk! 85c a litre! Wooooo!
    Avanmore slimline is 1.15 a litre, CMP slimline is horrible!

Eh actualy lainy thats all in your head....avonmore milk and cmp are the same....avonmore makes most of the milk in ireland....cmp dunnes super value centra mace and gala and somee more local brands uP the country!!! Cmp waz bought out by glanbia a good few years ago as were a number of smaller creameries around d country. Theres very few small independant milk producers left in ireland anymore. Dawn in cork is 1 but they dont do skim :( just thaught id let ya know!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I'm just back from WI and was down 1lb which I'm delighted with but really wanted 1.5 to get me to my first stone, ah well hopefully next week.

So I am doing a total detox for April. I did it before a few years ago with my mam and it really cleared up my skin and I lost a stone on it. But I wasn't doing it properly and I really was under eating especially at lunch time. So it is for 28 days but I am going to still track everything and make sure I am eating 29 pp a day. I hope to loose approx 7lbs and have my skin looking a bit glowier (word??).

I will be giving up dairy, meat, wheat products caffeine and alcohol most importantly. I am big on protein at the mo as it keeps you fuller for longer so I am making sure I have lots of substitute foods like lentils etc. Just did a big shop with loads of fruit, veg, chick peas, lentils, spices, wheat/gluten free products, rice cakes, substitute milk, seeds....

I am really not sleeping at the moment with the stress of not working and I remember the last time I did the detox it really helped (in general i'm a rubbish sleeper!).

Congrats to everyone on all their losses. Aren't we all doing great, keep going cos summer is a knockin!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Iv been having a very low few days(mainly due to nOt being able to get a career goin for me even wit a first class honours degree) and 1of the few things thats actualy going right for me and stopping me frm becomming completly depressed is WW n my weight loss. Was hAving a grand ole day today until i was at bome in the afternoon with a cuppa and a redvelvet cake ball (redvelvet cake mixed with cream cheese frosting and dipped in choc,made them the otherdAy,gave them bout 3pp cause theyr small)angway had been doin fine the last few days only having 1 but tOday i was feeling low so went off n bloody hell i had 4!!!!! Thats 12fricking points....more than my dinner!!! Granted they were super yum but still npt feeling great about myself after them :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Danii86 wrote: »
    Iv been having a very low few days(mainly due to nOt being able to get a career goin for me even wit a first class honours degree) and 1of the few things thats actualy going right for me and stopping me frm becomming completly depressed is WW n my weight loss. Was hAving a grand ole day today until i was at bome in the afternoon with a cuppa and a redvelvet cake ball (redvelvet cake mixed with cream cheese frosting and dipped in choc,made them the otherdAy,gave them bout 3pp cause theyr small)angway had been doin fine the last few days only having 1 but tOday i was feeling low so went off n bloody hell i had 4!!!!! Thats 12fricking points....more than my dinner!!! Granted they were super yum but still npt feeling great about myself after them :(

I feel exactly the same some times, I got 2 rejections for jobs this week and my first thought was where is all the food!!!! Along with job hunting WW is really the only thing I have to focus on at the mo because I made the decision that I could end up with serious problems sitting around all day with very little movement and continuing eating the way I was. So stick with it, we all have our down days and just remember your goal and why you joined WW in the first place. Good luck with the job hunting, I feel your pain on that one but I have had to try and learn not to take it personally as there are very slim pickings out there. x;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

I had the nicest dinner to-night and I just had to tell ye about it. Made a calzone pizza and salad for 8pp and I'm stuffed
    Stir fried some onion, peppers, mushrooms, courgette with dried basil & oregano. Mixed a little passata with some basil and spread it over a super valu tortilla wrap, put the veggies on and then half a ball of the low fat aldi buffalo mozzarella (5pp for the whole thing). Folded it over and baked in the oven for 10 mins..
    I swear if I had told oh it came from the pizzeria he would have believed me...;)
    for a spicy kick I put some tabasco on mine..it was delish...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Got a great tip at our meeting today. The weight watchers rich chocolate deserts, they're in the fridge section, not the mousse are 2 propoints for one or 3 propoints for both! So worth the points had some with lots of strawberries and raspberries this evening. Well worth it!

brightstar wrote: »
    I had the nicest dinner to-night and I just had to tell ye about it. Made a calzone pizza and salad for 8pp and I'm stuffed
    Stir fried some onion, peppers, mushrooms, courgette with dried basil & oregano. Mixed a little passata with some basil and spread it over a super valu tortilla wrap, put the veggies on and then half a ball of the low fat aldi buffalo mozzarella (5pp for the whole thing). Folded it over and baked in the oven for 10 mins..
    I swear if I had told oh it came from the pizzeria he would have believed me...;)

Hiya, a few people have mentioned making pizza with wraps, one thing i was wondering, is it not really really flat and nothing like pizza?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Hey wanted to get a Chinese and love Singapore Rice Noodles could anyone hazard a guess at what the pp would be for it someone told me before that it was 14 but this seems a lil low if I'm honest!! Anyone help me out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

brightstar wrote: »

That sounds absolutely gorgeous, definitely going to make that tomorrow, thank you!

the small cases or the big muffin cases?

sorry for all the Qs...
    muffin cases;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kimberlite

hey guys, had my WI today, up 0.5 not too bad considering the week I had but then I ended up splashing out on eddie rockets tonight. can anyone remember what PP are in cheezy chicken fillet and garlic and cheese fries? i remember taking down the PP at a meeting a few weeks ago but lost the sheet? if its bad news...maybe im better off not tracking and starting my new week tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

kimberlite wrote: »
    hey guys, had my WI today, up 0.5 not too bad considering the week I had but then I ended up splashing out on eddie rockets tonight. can anyone remember what PP are in cheezy chicken fillet and garlic and cheese fries? i remember taking down the PP at a meeting a few weeks ago but lost the sheet? if its bad news...maybe im better off not tracking and starting my new week tomorrow?

the burger is 14 plus either 4/5 points for cheese, fries are 14 plus 4 for cheese and 7 for garlic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Hey wanted to get a Chinese and love Singapore Rice Noodles could anyone hazard a guess at what the pp would be for it someone told me before that it was 14 but this seems a lil low if I'm honest!! Anyone help me out

the average pp in singapore noodles is 15 points. I adore them and make them at home and have them out. I've checked them each place I go asking the nutritional value and checking it all when i'm cooking. I think the most un pointable (a real word???!) part of the dish is the oil. When i make it myself i use no oil (recipe up here somewhere) and i get 12/13pp. Wagamama and a couple of my local Chinese places have come up at 12 - 15pp. I always allow 15 to be safe. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

o and even after my blow out on Tuesday, I managed a 2lb loss on Wed. VERY happy and shocked. Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

Hi all, Just back from my WI and I'm down 2.5! I'm delighted and it will really help me to keep tracking and choosing wisely. I go to an evening class and was almost afraid to eat or drink during the day today!! I tried single pack of Salt and Vinegar Snack a Jacks in Tesco and was wondering if anyone knows if / where you can buy them in multipacks? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 VerySlowRunner

Hi all, Just back from my WI and I'm down 2.5! I'm delighted and it will really help me to keep tracking and choosing wisely. I go to an evening class and was almost afraid to eat or drink during the day today!! I tried single pack of Salt and Vinegar Snack a Jacks in Tesco and was wondering if anyone knows if / where you can buy them in multipacks? Thanks

Hi, You can get multipack of Snack-a-Jacks and I get them in Tesco. They are usually with the other rice cake snacks as opposed to with the multipack crisps. At least in the Tesco store I go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rememberthis

Ditto to the snack-a-jacks, get the multipack in tesco too. I'm dreading this weekend! My birthday is tomorrow, and I'm having a houseparty and then saturday night I'm off out with the OH for a nice big meal. So god help me on Tuesday when the weigh in happens!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

Thanks Very Slow Runner, I'm a "picker" and need low points snacks in the cupboards for the times I feel like a little munch. I couldnt see them in my local tesco but will try somewhere else at the week end.

One of my kids was having a pack of Mc Coys Ridge Cut crisps yesterday, when I pointed them, they were 7pp!! It was very east to resist them knowing that I could eat something else that would hit the spot for less points. It was worth resisting them when I saw the result on the scales tonight!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement